OT: FoxBat, is Witchworks going to be good?

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.

No votes

Total votes: 0

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

OT: FoxBat, is Witchworks going to be good?

Post by Brother Laz » Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:18 pm

I noticed you're in the beta. :)

Is it going to be decent, or just as bad as the OC and their official modules?
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:49 am

Though it won't be anywhere near as long, epic, or open-ended, I enjoy witchworks more than the Baldur's Gate series. In attempting to mirror PnP, they have created something akin to adventure games in the best sense of the word. Quest for Glory was always my favorite for mixing RPG and Adventure elements and that isn't far from what Witchworks is so far. I've actually spent more time talking, exploring, and interacting with objects than combat. Some of this may change though, it seems that Bioware's method is to lay down the essential story elements first and then pad it out with areas and combat encounters.

But like I said, I think it's going to be rather short, the current beta certainly is. And being so computer-told story centered IMO it makes for poor multiplayer.

BTW a few of the user modules are pretty good story-wise as well, Candle in the Dark, Lone Wolf, etc.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:36 am

Candle in the Dark has a nice storyline, but has a few out of place areas and the balance sucks (too few rest zones). I think Penultima is better :) . Lone Wolf... thanks for the advice, I'll try it soon. :)

Witchworks short? Aww crap. Something tells me that this disk will soon end up collecting dust in a dark corner of the room. :( "1600 mods, and only 10 are worth downloading" :(
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Return to “Seven Lances”