Name that set!

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.
FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Name that set!

Post by FoxBat » Sun Nov 17, 2002 9:58 pm

I have a system and plans for 40 some normal/exceptional sets. Creating the stats will be relatively easy, as it follows a set system. On the other hand, creating names I have a lot of difficulty with, and that's mainly what is holding me up. So I wanted to see if anyone had some name suggestions for the individual items.

The set document can be found here. It lists the set name, the type of build it's for, and the base item types. The top 15 elite sets should be ignored, since they are already in the game.

I don't need anything incredible, basic but passable stuff will do. Of course great names are welcome though :D

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:45 am

It depends. Who are those guys? (I keep seeing those names on just about every unique item that turns up)

Anyway, are those ppl heroes? Legendary/Tolkien/elvish or normal humans? Good or evil? It'd help. I have a bunch of sets that I had to delete because they bombed on me, but of course, D2:BLACK style...

Nathes' Battle - Nathes' Death Shroud/Nathes' Cold Stare/Nathes' Phantasm/Nathes' Suicide Loop

Might not be the sort of set you are looking for, especially if Nathes is a male hero instead of a dead girl. =) Maybe for that Shiva's set.

What might work is

Vampire's Revenge - He who Murdereth/He who Killeth/He who Slaughtereth/Twisted Eternal Damnation

I guess I'll leave the more D2:BLACK oriented sets out (Human Sacrifice 101, The Inquisition, Black Soul Asylum, Black Goddess Rising, Psycho Killer's Signature, Roses for the Devil B!tch) unless you think one of your personalities suits these descriptions. =)
(Edit: Dark Blood and Dementia)

BTW 1: IMO your automatically generated properties seem to sorta take the charm away from unique and sets items. It reminds me of Sir_General's mod: too robotic and machine-generated... it balances out nicely for most items (is the +all skills level req bug still in?), but it's too perfect. Try some weird modifiers on items that normally can't have them (IAS and life steal on boots, freeze target on belts, +1 skills on rare belts, +damage% on helms), huge negative stats (-100 life), maybe light radius = 0 (color 3 3 3), hit speeds up target, a set devoted to Freezes target (but with lower damage)?

BTW 2: Unique elite class items are overpowered. ;-)

BTW 3: Am I the only one on the planet who thinks this game is better without spell timers? ~8)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:32 am

Maybe I didn't make it clear, but you can IGNORE the first 15, those sets we already have. It's the second section of 40 or so that need names, most of those are no-one in particular, and as you can see they are all themed around a subclass such as hammerdin, so that should also give some ideas. Of course Shiva is nothing particular to Spiderdrake's characters.

We do have some devil type items in 7L, so more of those are welcome, as long as they are especially appropriate to the subclass. I wouldn't want them on a missionary for example. (well maybe something mentioning the Inquisition is appropriate.) But it fits like a glove for a reanimating or cursing necromancer. And in that vein your Vampire's Revenge is decent. :mrgreen:

BTW I forgot to mention, if I use one of your ideas, you get a merc named after you ;)

Edit: by the way, someone at the Abasin just hammered out half of the set names all by themselves today 8-O , and look to do the other half soon. So no-one kill yourself over these as I might have them all very soon anyway.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:38 am

FA, CL (or another one with ice) - Nadia's Death Shroud/ Nadia's Blank Stare/ Nadia's Weird/ Nadia's Suicide Cord.

PD or Sacr - Human Pain/ Human Torture/ Human Anguish/ Dark Blood and Victory.

PD - Psycho Killer's Grin/ Psycho Killer's Blade/ Psycho Killer's Strangling Grasp/ Psycho Killer's Harlequin.

Any Pal set - In Spiritu Sanctum/ Praedictum Otium/ Efficio Obitus Ut Inimicus. (or Efficio Obitus/ Ut Inimicus if you need 4)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Aular

Some ideas to start with ....

Post by Aular » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:31 pm

Missionary’s vision
Missionary's Emblem (Protector shield)
Missionary's Orator (Rune scepter)
Missionary's Sacred Vestments (Ancient armor)
Missionary's Papal Gift (Ring)

Heavencaller’s wrappings
Prayer of the Anointed (Arakan Rondache)
Holy Focus (War scepter)
Grounding Meditation (Mesh belt)
Transcendental Link (Amulet)

Courage’s bloodstains
Courage's Defiant Cry (Heraldic shield)
Courage's Arm (Scepter)
Courage's Insight (Helm)
Courage's Shroud (Hard leather)

Trinity of power
Protection of the Father (Gilded shield)
Erinyes' Wrath (Seraph Rod)
Blessings of the Son (War gaunts)
Agility of the Ghost (Battle boots)

Lil Dragon’s delight
Smaug's Core (Demon heart)
Draco's Heartsheath (Dragon shield)
Taimat's Claw (Demonhide glv)
Bahamut's Mantle (Cuirass)

Shiva’s call
Ice Maiden's Breath (Cloudy sphere)
Ice Maiden's Wrap (Battle belt)
Ice Maiden's Wrath (Ring)
Ice Maiden's Glory (Crown)
Aular of the Light
Elder, Webmaster and Scribe Master; Knights of the Forgotten Order

Nicodemus

Set Naming: Lupine Shift

Post by Nicodemus » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:49 pm

Werewolf
Lupine shift
Wolf head "Rage's Muzzle"
Giant axe "Lunar Call"
Field plate "Steelbristle's Sheath"

*tips helm*

Aular

Chilling Wit

Post by Aular » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:52 pm

The document submitted states Chilling Wit has a Scutum and a Kite Shield both listed as set items.

Just an FYI ;)

*bows*
Aular of the Light

Aular

More ideas

Post by Aular » Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:02 am

Warsinger’s tune
Aural Muse - Savage Helmet
Conductor's Baton - Jagged star
Chorus' Barrier - Bone shield
Composer's Opus - Amulet

Siege breaker
Besieger's Ram - Royal shield
Besieger's Signal - Cutlass
Besieger's Assault - Light gauntlets
Besieger's Supply - Breast plate

Templar’s Mastery
Deflection Sphere - Crown shield
Templar's Mighty Steel - Grand scepter
Thor's Spirit - Plated belt
Spiral Vortex - Templar coat

Thundermaiden’s form
Weathervane - Glowing Orb
Rubbersoul - Chain boots
Targetless Form - Ghost armor
Stormshaper - Gauntlets

Dante’s armoury
Pit Key - Smoked sphere
The Inner Circle - Round shield
Fireproof Vest - Leather armor
Cavelight - Helm
Aular of the Light

Vendanna
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel

Post by Vendanna » Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:14 pm

well, let's see if I can help you a bit with the names (congrats for the mod is very good)

for the Avenger Set:

Trinity of power

Paladin's Faith - Gilded shield
Ancenstor's Strenght - Seraph Rod
Honor's Path - Battle boots
Hand of Light - War gaunts

for charger (I prefer the term Crusader on the Diabloii.net it sounds better)

Crusader’s banner

True Belief - Rondache
Hand of Purity - Battle hammer
Armor of Faith - Serpentskin
HighLord's Guidance - Great helm

we also had a weird subclass of paladin called the Judicator (usually PvP paladin subclass that I play on PvM9 it used Conviction + Fist of Heavens with Blessed Hammer + Concentration and Smite + Holy Shield (with a lot of +skills items and too much sacrifices) is a tough opponent in Duels since it has a lot of attacks, but its really hard to make untwinkled.

if it was possible to make a Set item for Rangers (Paladins that use Bows/Xbows) or dagger user set.

I had too much ideas, but that should take too much time for you to make. I was thinking in a Set item composed with 5 rings, and you get bonuses (like you complete the set) when you pair 2 of them at the same time and differ if you pair one of them with the others 4 (example pair Water ring with fire and you get different bonuses if you pair Water with Void) suppose its hard to make.

the other idea was add items that only give the bonuses during night and make them as Dark Sets :p

well, I will try to think in nice names for the sets next time. have a nice day and good Season :)
"Mysteries are revealed in the light of reason."

Black Omen's production

AK404

Post by AK404 » Thu Nov 28, 2002 8:44 am

Oh, FoxBat, have ye seen the sets I've cooked up in the Pit while it was still up? As I recall, I still have them stored on my HD. Wanna see 'em sometime?
Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

- Siddhartha Gautama Buddha

Return to “Seven Lances”