Barbarian Mastery Bug Report

The Seven Lances mod forum has moved to http://www.sevenlances.com.

No votes

Total votes: 0

monkeycid

Barbarian Mastery Bug Report

Post by monkeycid » Mon Nov 18, 2002 6:29 pm

The barb masteries are still bugged in Seven Lances version 1.05 . I get critical strike all the time when using any Axe in melee (My masteries are level 1 Mace Mastery and level 1 Axe Mastery). What is really wierd is that when throwing axes I get critical hits 100% of the time, but when throwing spears I do not get any critical hits at all. I have no points in throwing mastery. My guess is that the bugged axe mastery somehow carries over to the thrown axes, can this be correct?

I´ve been able to reproduce this bug many times.
*monkeycid on Europe and Threewave

FoxBat
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by FoxBat » Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:02 pm

Single player testing shows me that melee masteries are working appropriately with melee weapons including axe mastery. Some skills like concentrate show a critical flashy even when you aren't getting a critical and dealing any extra damage.

At the moment, throwing mastery will also have 100% chance to critical if you have any points in the mastery appropriate to the melee weapon. IE, 1 in axe mastery and 0 in throwing mastery lets you critical with a thrown axe, but not a javelin. A 1 in spear mastery and a 0 in throwing mastery lets you critical with a thrown javelin, but not a thrown axe. Jarulf has located the throwing critical strike function so I should have this fixed in the next patch.

monkeycid

Post by monkeycid » Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:21 pm

Okie, since I´m a defense barb I`m using concentrate for testing:) thanks for clarifying.

Woops, must have misunderstood the throwing mastery bug. I thought that throwing mastery worked like all masteries in LOD - 100% critical with any level... Gah, I dont wanna exploit bugs. Seems like I need to find myself some new throwing weapons:)
*monkeycid on Europe and Threewave

Return to “Seven Lances”