[FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

[FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:09 pm

Feel free to post any constructive suggestions here, just don't take it personally if we disagree ;)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: [FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:01 pm

This is rather common among mods, but it does rectify a big Blizzard goof. How about downgrade recipes, from magical to superior? This corrects the logic flaw Blizzard made that prevents vendors past Act 2 Normal from selling nonmagical gear. You might decide on whether to offer a chance at sockets in the downgrade.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:19 pm

[quote=Myhrginoc";p="206278"]This is rather common among mods, but it does rectify a big Blizzard goof. How about downgrade recipes, from magical to superior? This corrects the logic flaw Blizzard made that prevents vendors past Act 2 Normal from selling nonmagical gear. You might decide on whether to offer a chance at sockets in the downgrade.[/quote]
I like it :) Now to do a little AD&D research as to substances that may nullified magic before resorting to just a potion/scroll of dispelling ;)

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Post by Kiwivagrant » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:30 pm

I think it would be great if all chars had an equal chance of MF'ing. I don't really like range chars, and prefer my Barbarian and Paladin to get in the midst of it all.

Whether Necromancers and Sorcerors become more item dependant, or new skills are added for the chars who are more equipment reliant (upping the Barbarians find item skill a little maybe or adding a MF aura for the Pally, maybe adding perm MF skills on class specific weapons).

This is just a thought, but would make things alot easier for those that wish to MF with melee chars.

Be interested to see responses. :mrgreen:

K.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:55 pm

Myhrginoc's suggestion is now part of the 0.78b patch although I'm not too sure about this one just yet. Maybe you should go searching for a "divination shield" that has MF automods first ;)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:23 pm

Since you're heading along Myhrginoc's suggestion,why not use the slimes from Infinitum as the hmmm what do you call em again....Well they used to dissolve metal weapon's,armor,etc.And they were slimes to I think or was it the gelatinous cube?I'm really out of it concerning those creatures,sorry about that.Had it in my head then I got to thinking about somemore suggestion's heh heh.But anyways,knowing you Phrozen,you'll remember what I'm talking about. ;)
But you could also make em damage magic item's as well or just certain ones.so would make certain stuff more valuable,eg zod.Or simply put would keep everyone looking for more stuff...just in case they run into this monster from time to time.Oh one more idea about this,how about making it's dissolve power permanent?Nasty little touch there heh heh..
nuff said
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:45 pm

[quote=Hades";p="206385"]Since you're heading along Myhrginoc's suggestion,why not use the slimes from Infinitum as the hmmm what do you call em again....Well they used to dissolve metal weapon's,armor,etc.And they were slimes to I think or was it the gelatinous cube?I'm really out of it concerning those creatures,sorry about that.Had it in my head then I got to thinking about somemore suggestion's heh heh.But anyways,knowing you Phrozen,you'll remember what I'm talking about. ;) [/quote]
If I remember rightly gelatinous cubes pretty much just suck up living matter (living or dead) and spit out weapons and treasure as indigestible later on :D For now at least I took the potion approach via a cube recipe which will probably get posted in a cube spoiler thread at some point.

[quote=Hades";p="206385"]But you could also make em damage magic item's as well or just certain ones.so would make certain stuff more valuable,eg zod.Or simply put would keep everyone looking for more stuff...just in case they run into this monster from time to time.Oh one more idea about this,how about making it's dissolve power permanent?Nasty little touch there heh heh..
nuff said
Hades[/quote]
Sadist ;)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:54 pm

I have to go and check out that d+D site for monsters I think lol.But I just remembered the monster I was thinking about had two tentacles on it's head and sniffed out the metal on adventurers.Crap I wish I could remember it,now to see if I still have that link you posted me before in one of your pm's....
nuff said
Hades

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:03 pm

[quote=Hades";p="206393"]I have to go and check out that d+D site for monsters I think lol.But I just remembered the monster I was thinking about had two tentacles on it's head and sniffed out the metal on adventurers.Crap I wish I could remember it,now to see if I still have that link you posted me before in one of your pm's....
nuff said
Hades[/quote]
Well gray oozes destroy metal gear but I'm not sure that's exactly intentional ;) For adding sockets to an item, some "Gray Ooze Extract" might be useful though :mrgreen:

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:08 pm

Hmm yeah that would be a kool idea.Grey ooze fits the bill there lol.
Still going to check out what I've been thinking of though lol,bothering me that I can't remember it yet lol.
later
Hades
(EDIT)Oh and maybe this is a bit off topic but on a side note feel free not to post many spoiler's.As from a personal view,I think it takes away from the mod experience.I've learned this from my experience lol,I'm not going to post any more for my mod.Too many secrets given away,at least for me lessens the whole thing.
Besides I'm thoroughly enjoying it and love trying out new stuff and figuring out stuff...
Last edited by Hades on Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:16 pm

its better to give away secrets in-game, by have an npc tell a rumor or anything else that gives something's.

Blizzard do use this in act5 for rune words, also there are some npc in act 1 that tells about monsters that are weak to a fire e.tc.

More thing's like this would be nice :)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:55 pm

[quote=Hades";p="206397"]EDIT)Oh and maybe this is a bit off topic but on a side note feel free not to post many spoiler's.As from a personal view,I think it takes away from the mod experience.I've learned this from my experience lol,I'm not going to post any more for my mod.Too many secrets given away,at least for me lessens the whole thing.
Besides I'm thoroughly enjoying it and love trying out new stuff and figuring out stuff...[/quote]
True but do you sit there combining every item under the sun with every other item until something pops out? The spoiler thread I've posted for cube recipes is more for players to pool discoveries than anything.

[quote=kingpin";p="206415"]its better to give away secrets in-game, by have an npc tell a rumor or anything else that gives something's.

Blizzard do use this in act5 for rune words, also there are some npc in act 1 that tells about monsters that are weak to a fire e.tc.

More thing's like this would be nice :)[/quote]
Well depending on if we go through with the NPC speech conversions (see the other thread) that's a definate possibility :)

[edit]

btw Hades, aren't you the one with the website that list all those runewords ;)
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurelianus

Post by Aurelianus » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:21 am

Some suggestions...

Skill upgrade, more skills need to strengthen eachother... Add more bonuses to eachother as it adds more fun to realte them together somehow.

More type of summoned creatures for players needed...

Turbo 4 da Necro: Ghouls, zombies, vampires, poison demon, pure death Bone lord... other rotten summonable monsters... 10+ :)

-Poison dagger/poison wands/poison weapon/poison crossbow should be fun as the new poison aura too.
Toxic or Antrax aura should use green graphics... and regenerate necros life or mana... (Rat blood's Aura) reduced poison length in some percentage. and disease the enemy with poison of course....

Bone aura, like bone armor for the weak necro.... stregthen necro's defense., chance to block... Always on, no time limit or something brrr...

-Summonable caverat...

Turbo 4 da Sorc.: Elemental fire, ice, lightning, air.etc.

Turbo 4 da babarian: diffenrent type of summonable barbarinas with axe/sword/mace/unarmed randomized versions. Only one summonable unit, but randomized show times.:)

Turbo 4 da Paladin: A light servant like Archangel or something...

And what do you think about monsters souls? They should drop it as an unique or rare.Bosses also able to drop own souls.:) And player got the strong of the enemy and similar bonus stats, and maybe looks like the enemy too, so player looks like as a goblin for example, very funny....if player wears the soul item as a ring, or an amulet. Nezeramontias mod got these souls system. Its a great idea. It worth a massive try... Brutal God good :)))
Need to integrate.

Do you use Staargazer's Item pack?. There are around here a lot of new graphics, some of them are really beautiful.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:04 am

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206428"]Some suggestions...

Skill upgrade, more skills need to strengthen eachother... Add more bonuses to eachother as it adds more fun to realte them together somehow.[/quote]
Most likely in later versions once the skill sets are final.

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206428"]More type of summoned creatures for players needed...

Turbo 4 da Necro: Ghouls, zombies, vampires, poison demon, pure death Bone lord... other rotten summonable monsters... 10+ :)[/quote]
Sometimes excessive pets can seriously throw stuff off balance, I was nervous that the sorc having a frozen servant might do that on it's own...

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206428"]-Poison dagger/poison wands/poison weapon/poison crossbow should be fun as the new poison aura too.[/quote]
Poison weapons are possible but for now the magic affixes have it covered ;)

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206428"]Toxic or Antrax aura should use green graphics... and regenerate necros life or mana... (Rat blood's Aura) reduced poison length in some percentage. and disease the enemy with poison of course....[/quote]
A little OTT perhaps?

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206428"]Bone aura, like bone armor for the weak necro.... stregthen necro's defense., chance to block... Always on, no time limit or something brrr...[/quote]
Hmmm...converting bone armor to a variant of Defiance is possible but with his lackies I wasn't aware the necro was really that weak?

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206428"]-Summonable caverat... [/quote]
Caverat?

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206428"]Turbo 4 da Sorc.: Elemental fire, ice, lightning, air.etc.

Turbo 4 da babarian: diffenrent type of summonable barbarinas with axe/sword/mace/unarmed randomized versions. Only one summonable unit, but randomized show times.:)

Turbo 4 da Paladin: A light servant like Archangel or something... [/quote]
Turbo?

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206428"]And what do you think about monsters souls? They should drop it as an unique or rare.Bosses also able to drop own souls.:) And player got the strong of the enemy and similar bonus stats, and maybe looks like the enemy too, so player looks like as a goblin for example, very funny....if player wears the soul item as a ring, or an amulet. Nezeramontias mod got these souls system. Its a great idea. It worth a massive try... Brutal God good :)))
Need to integrate.[/quote]
I do like Nezeramontias a lot but that'd be somewhat of a flagrant rip-off IMO.

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206428"]Do you use Staargazer's Item pack?. There are around here a lot of new graphics, some of them are really beautiful.[/quote]
I honestly forget, graphics on there are from all over the place ;)

Koolaid

Post by Koolaid » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:17 am

[quote=Hades";p="206393"]I have to go and check out that d+D site for monsters I think lol.But I just remembered the monster I was thinking about had two tentacles on it's head and sniffed out the metal on adventurers.Crap I wish I could remember it,now to see if I still have that link you posted me before in one of your pm's....
nuff said
Hades[/quote]

I Believe you were thinking of the Rust Monster. Nasty bit of creature eating/destroying anything metal.
I am not a Geek. I am a level 12 Paladin.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:55 am

[quote=Koolaid";p="206443"][quote=Hades";p="206393"]I have to go and check out that d+D site for monsters I think lol.But I just remembered the monster I was thinking about had two tentacles on it's head and sniffed out the metal on adventurers.Crap I wish I could remember it,now to see if I still have that link you posted me before in one of your pm's....
nuff said
Hades[/quote]

I Believe you were thinking of the Rust Monster. Nasty bit of creature eating/destroying anything metal.[/quote]
Well yep they definately fit the bill for metal eaters but I thought we were talking oozes not 5 foot bugs ;)

Koolaid

Post by Koolaid » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:49 am

If you want to take a look at the D&D open gaming liscence documents, you can find them here

It has all the monsters, classes, feats, etc.. good resource if you are looking for ideas for monsters or skills

I'd pick the 5 foot bugs over the oozes. Somehow walking through a puddle of goo and having my legs melt off is a real downer to my day.
Last edited by Koolaid on Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a Geek. I am a level 12 Paladin.

BrotherDog
Paladin

Post by BrotherDog » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:25 am

I have an idea to throw in. Instead using a new monster anim for hirelings(I've only seen the orcs in act1 so please bear with me), why not use some of the creatures that aren't being used anymore?

Example:
Act1 has missile based hireling so use stuff like the BigHeads, Shamans, SaberCats as Act1 hirelings. Arm the following with any throwing weapon and expand the elements-

Yellow BigHeads- Lightning Damage.
Blue BigHeads- Cold Damage.
Fallen Shamans- Fire Damage.
Green SaberCats- Poison Damage.

Just an idea... :mrgreen:
Last edited by BrotherDog on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aurelianus

Post by Aurelianus » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:26 am

Aurelianus wrote (View Post):

"Boost 4 da Necro: Ghouls, zombies, vampires, poison demon, pure death Bone lord... other rotten summonable monsters... 10+ :)

Sometimes excessive pets can seriously throw stuff off balance, I was nervous that the sorc having a frozen servant might do that on it's own..."

I mean only one(!) monster at each time. (But player can pick one demon pet(or elemental cute) form the 10+ summonable skill table menu.) As they have different advantage and disadvantage.

Its not a balance killer idea....;)

Turbo=Boost :)

Inventharia.. rip of a lot of brand new designed item...

/url http://www.planetdiablo.com/phrozenkeep ... a/inv.html

I think Diablo 1 armors rather old fashioned and boring sometimes...(1996-97 style...and now it is 2005) :)
Last edited by Aurelianus on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:40 pm

[quote=Koolaid";p="206450"]If you want to take a look at the D&D open gaming liscence documents, you can find them here

It has all the monsters, classes, feats, etc.. good resource if you are looking for ideas for monsters or skills[/quote]
Cool thanks :) For monsters, I have a 150+ Mb PDF compilation of the various monster manuals and supplements ranging from Forgotten Realms to Ravenloft but they're only 2nd edition (then again so are most of the IE games).

[quote=Koolaid";p="206450"]I'd pick the 5 foot bugs over the oozes. Somehow walking through a puddle of goo and having my legs melt off is a real downer to my day.[/quote]
hehe fair point ;)

[quote=BrotherDog";p="206473"]
I have an idea to throw in. Instead using a new monster anim for hirelings(I've only seen the orcs in act1 so please bear with me), why not use some of the creatures that aren't being used anymore?

Example:
Act1 has missile based hireling so use stuff like the BigHeads, Shamans, SaberCats as Act1 hirelings. Arm the following with any throwing weapon and expand the elements-

Yellow BigHeads- Lightning Damage.
Blue BigHeads- Cold Damage.
Fallen Shamans- Fire Damage.
Green SaberCats- Poison Damage.

Just an idea... :mrgreen:
[/quote]
Firstly I was under the impression that the rogues were a single line/animation so using multiple tokens and getting them to correspond with certain damage types is not easy at all. Secondly we were trying to get further AWAY from regular D2 monsters and lean more towards the IE games that the mod was designed to demonstrate :)

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206474"]
Aurelianus wrote (View Post):

"Boost 4 da Necro: Ghouls, zombies, vampires, poison demon, pure death Bone lord... other rotten summonable monsters... 10+ :)

Sometimes excessive pets can seriously throw stuff off balance, I was nervous that the sorc having a frozen servant might do that on it's own..."

I mean only one(!) monster at each time. (But player can pick one demon pet(or elemental cute) form the 10+ summonable skill table menu.) As they have different advantage and disadvantage.

Its not a balance killer idea....;)[/quote]
With a heavy spellcasting class like the sorc even ONE minion can throw things out as not only does she have heavy duty fire power but now she's got something to distract enemies while shje pounds them with magic. We'll see.

[quote=Aurelianus";p="206474"]Inventharia.. rip of a lot of brand new designed item...

/url http://www.planetdiablo.com/phrozenkeep ... a/inv.html

I think Diablo 1 armors rather old fashioned and boring sometimes...(1996-97 style...and now it is 2005) :)
[/quote]
Trust me, I knew the link before the public did ;) As for items looking "dated", D1's items look SO much better than Neverwinter Nights ones yet still came way before so age isn't everything :D

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:14 pm

Rust monster...That's what it was!! :) Good work Koolaid,I was forgetting the name of that and for the life of me I couldn't find anywhere on the freakin net where to just read the monster manual last night....Sure lots of links where to buy it or review it lol...
And Phrozen...for shame..you didn't remember...lol just kidding ya..
nuff said
Hades

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:19 pm

I remembered that one, I just thought you were still talking "oozes" ;)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:37 pm

Yeah but I couldn't remember if it was an ooze or what before heh heh.But now that it is all straightened out,I think the rust monster would be a kool addition to be on the nasty side lol.
Btw..as for my site listing runewords heh heh,that's all they're getting from now on for spoilers lol.I'm not giving anymore new ones out,I'm just going to make the npc's and quest stuff list some hint's in game.
This mod keeps making me feel like I'm playing iwd2,bg,etc..but in action rpg form...Nice change. ;)
Ahh well good work,I'm off to play lord of the rings ,legacy or whatever it's called,my wife and myself are free today lol,cheer's bud.
nuff said
Hades

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:56 pm

Hades";p="206484" wrote:Btw..as for my site listing runewords heh heh,that's all they're getting from now on for spoilers lol.I'm not giving anymore new ones out,I'm just going to make the npc's and quest stuff list some hint's in game.
http://www.planetdiablo.com/hades/" wrote:News & Updates:

December7,2004.

Just a little update on version 2.7's progress and I'm going to update the runeword's page to include some of the gemwords heh heh.About time,I know lol.
*cough*
Hades";p="206484" wrote:This mod keeps making me feel like I'm playing iwd2,bg,etc..but in action rpg form...Nice change. ;)
That's the idea, well to fuse D2 and the IE games but there's still a long way to go.
Hades";p="206484" wrote:Ahh well good work,I'm off to play lord of the rings ,legacy or whatever it's called,my wife and myself are free today lol,cheer's bud.
nuff said
Hades
Let us know if you derive any new "inspirations" ;)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:48 pm

Well I'm back,lol was fun for an day,we enjoyed it but kids came home lol.
Sure would be nice to rip a few things or idea's from the LOTR game lol.
Anyways,yeah I just noticed what I had posted earlier on my site lol,have to erase that one or people are going to be expecting em heh heh..
Now onto the good stuff,this mod would really be what I had wanted earlier from playing the IE gamers before.I always thought the IE games were...well to slow in gameplay,but that's my personal opinion.This mod brings everything back but in a more enjoyable playing environment for me heh heh.
Should prove to be something to watch as time goes on,hmm and IE skill animation's too would be awesome.Well for some of the skill's if not all.
Or some of the sounds,such as the dwarf speech when you just leave the game alone for a bit lol.
I was wondering about maybe turning the vender's area into an actual store kind of deal as in the IE way.Some nice stores to visit instead.Maybe not in the plans but just wondering.
nuff said
Hades
Last edited by Hades on Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pagan Heart”