[FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Aurelianus

Re: [FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Post by Aurelianus » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:57 pm

Future is improvable! 3D iZ Da Part of the tomorrow. :)
Keep an eye on it.
Last edited by Aurelianus on Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnyod

Post by johnyod » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:36 am

OOHH two rings that go into a set... like ring of the moon and ring of sun. they would be the only two items in the set.....
Im not sure if winter wolves are in your mod... but i just love them things

Mayahesa
Paladin

Post by Mayahesa » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:04 am

One quick suggestion for you (since I finally remembered my username/password) -

Rename the Beholder Ghosts.

I don't know what to - but there's something odd about coming up against 4 Ghostly Beholder Ghosts! :lol:

EDIT:-

Just got butchered by my first Ghostly Ghost too :lol:
Last edited by Mayahesa on Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is a narrow difference between genius and madness, I'm merely smuggling sanity across the border.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:17 pm

johnyod";p="215852" wrote:OOHH two rings that go into a set... like ring of the moon and ring of sun. they would be the only two items in the set.....
Im not sure if winter wolves are in your mod... but i just love them things
Hmmm...nice idea.
Mayahesa";p="215859" wrote:Rename the Beholder Ghosts.

I don't know what to - but there's something odd about coming up against 4 Ghostly Beholder Ghosts! :lol:

EDIT:-

Just got butchered by my first Ghostly Ghost too :lol:
hehe oops. We'll see although there aren't usually TOO many instances of these ;) Anyway, "ghost" is a vanilla D2 name :D
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

johnyod

Post by johnyod » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:39 am

more buyable items..... runes, gems, cube ingrediants.
i always hated how there was nothing good to buy in diablo..
that and i need a reason to start collecting gold again other than "hey i need to fix that, better collect acouple gold piles!""

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Post by Kiwivagrant » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:28 am

johnyod";p="216000" wrote: more buyable items..... runes, gems, cube ingrediants.
i always hated how there was nothing good to buy in diablo..
that and i need a reason to start collecting gold again other than "hey i need to fix that, better collect acouple gold piles!""
I take it you haven't found the Contraband on one of many NPC's yet?

K.

johnyod

Post by johnyod » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:21 am

im just sayin I would like more

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Post by Kiwivagrant » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:11 am

johnyod";p="216007" wrote: im just sayin I would like more
In that case, I agree. ;)

More stuff please!!

K.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:00 pm

More stuff to buy? Hmmm...

Well so far we have the unmarked potions, contraband and gem bags but there were a couple more ideas possibly in the works.

Any BALANCED ideas? (as opposed to "I want +50 skill potions buyable here" ;))

Ulmo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Ulmo » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:52 pm

I'm not very good at balancing things, so this is just a throw :
  • Potion of temporary +x oskill/+x skill group (sorceress fire...)/ +1 all skills
  • tempered componants
  • extremely expensive random unique items
  • a way to complete sets. Needs some more reflexion, but something like proposing one set item when you have this set almost complete. Or cube recipes to transmute 3 set items + something expensive into 4 set items. Or ...
  • more jewerly (rings amulet especially)
  • a pet menagery
  • pet food. In fact cube recipes for pets (eat this herb produce more light...)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:24 pm

Ulmo";p="216050" wrote:Potion of temporary +x oskill/+x skill group (sorceress fire...)/ +1 all skills
Well there are already are + to all skill temporary potions dropable although I think having this for sale would be too unbalanced with richer characters stockpiling them and using one after another. As for the other temporary skill potions, I don't think misc.txt can support enough stats but I could be wrong.
Ulmo";p="216050" wrote:tempered componants
Well where's the fun in that? ;) The idea of the tempered items is to hunt down those elusive components and custom build their own item.
Ulmo";p="216050" wrote:extremely expensive random unique items
Hmmm...almost like a narrower version of contraband crates?
Ulmo";p="216050" wrote:a way to complete sets. Needs some more reflexion, but something like proposing one set item when you have this set almost complete. Or cube recipes to transmute 3 set items + something expensive into 4 set items. Or ...
Not quite sure how to do that unless we had "set crates" or something similar but that'd still be random with unavailable items spawning as magics instead.
Ulmo";p="216050" wrote:more jewerly (rings amulet especially)
As in for sale by vendors?
Ulmo";p="216050" wrote:a pet menagery
pet food. In fact cube recipes for pets (eat this herb produce more light...)
I kind of like this idea although not sure the best way to implement it. The existing familiars are pretty done as they are but having them available in shops possibly with some form of upgrades would be nice.

mishy23
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by mishy23 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:28 pm

If your gold drops are balanced already and there is no loopholes to make infinite gold, you can make very very expensive potions that give you permanent XP when quaffed.
People will pick up the gold alot more if they know its making them level faster. The boost cant be too much, but it can't be too little that its not worth it.

You could sell some sort of item that takes up 1-4 spaces that is a charm, and it spawns with a random property that has skill charges on it.
Obviously a little pricey. This would give all classes access to all skills, albeit at a very pricey and limited way.

Another idea with charms is have an item when in inventory gives you an oskill for a summon monster, this may be too much work, but you could have a large array of monster summons they could spawn with. I'm trying to think of a way to kinda have a revive like skill that randomly summons one of your monsters in your mod and gives it the revive state so it is an ally without having to mess with AI. Hmm...let me know if interested and i'll let you know what, if anything, I figure out.

Crystals that with a cube recipe can be combined with any item and give it a small bonus, and at the same time color your weapon/armour.
For example, ruby crystal gives small 'adds fire' bonus to weapon permanently and colors it red for in game graphics (sort of like the old topic on adding dyes that color items.
You'd have to figure out a way that the next crystal overwrites the previous one or you can only do it once, otherwise it becomes glorified and overpowered tempering.

Of course the soon becoming over used soul ideas used in ring slots was always a favorite of mine, but instead of monster souls could have rare soul's that drop that are based of hero's of PaganHeart world ;)
And have powers that symbolize those characters (If you are bored enough to create an entire pantheon of gods, you could have one for each)

My last idea might be hard to pull off, but involves kidnapping Kingpin and forcing him to write up some C++ code to enable little mini-games and have this work when you right click on a misc item. So if someone ever gets bored of slaughtering demons they can go to town, and by that old mysterious tablet of unknown power that lets them play pac-man for a while ;)

-mishy23
Last edited by mishy23 on Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{Modding status: Project X}

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:07 pm

mishy23";p="216059" wrote:If your gold drops are balanced already and there is no loopholes to make infinite gold, you can make very very expensive potions that give you permanent XP when quaffed.
People will pick up the gold alot more if they know its making them level faster. The boost cant be too much, but it can't be too little that its not worth it.
Well those are droppable right now (rarely) but possibly might work in a shop if priced right.
mishy23";p="216059" wrote:You could sell some sort of item that takes up 1-4 spaces that is a charm, and it spawns with a random property that has skill charges on it.
Obviously a little pricey. This would give all classes access to all skills, albeit at a very pricey and limited way.
Well the spellbook items have charges from all class skills so this one maybe a little redundant unless we used oskills to make levels stackable and use mana instead of charges.
mishy23";p="216059" wrote:Another idea with charms is have an item when in inventory gives you an oskill for a summon monster, this may be too much work, but you could have a large array of monster summons they could spawn with. I'm trying to think of a way to kinda have a revive like skill that randomly summons one of your monsters in your mod and gives it the revive state so it is an ally without having to mess with AI. Hmm...let me know if interested and i'll let you know what, if anything, I figure out.
Well there's already an unreleased intro to this in the form of a Lim-Lim (green giant flea creature) that can be created through an undisclosed cube recipe but he's just a clone of the clay golem for now. Cats, wolves, dogs, panthers, leopards etc have full animations available if we wanted to go that route.
mishy23";p="216059" wrote:Crystals that with a cube recipe can be combined with any item and give it a small bonus, and at the same time color your weapon/armour.
For example, ruby crystal gives small 'adds fire' bonus to weapon permanently and colors it red for in game graphics (sort of like the old topic on adding dyes that color items.
You'd have to figure out a way that the next crystal overwrites the previous one or you can only do it once, otherwise it becomes glorified and overpowered tempering.
Well the tempering system is already fairly extensive for crafting your own items but I do like the dye idea. Do they not overwrite each other though?
mishy23";p="216059" wrote:Of course the soon becoming over used soul ideas used in ring slots was always a favorite of mine, but instead of monster souls could have rare soul's that drop that are based of hero's of PaganHeart world ;)
Well with Nezeramontias being one of our favorites, that idea did cross our minds along with the body parts/medals idea mentioned above but nothing was decided for definate. Personally I like things that can be implemented in tiny pieces ;)
mishy23";p="216059" wrote:And have powers that symbolize those characters (If you are bored enough to create an entire pantheon of gods, you could have one for each)
Well the shifting stones are already a mini-pantheon on their own :D
mishy23";p="216059" wrote:My last idea might be hard to pull off, but involves kidnapping Kingpin and forcing him to write up some C++ code to enable little mini-games and have this work when you right click on a misc item. So if someone ever gets bored of slaughtering demons they can go to town, and by that old mysterious tablet of unknown power that lets them play pac-man for a while ;)

-mishy23
Duct tape, rag and chloroform at the ready :D

*makes a note to cut down on starting sentences with the word "Well" *

Ulmo
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Ulmo » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:58 pm

Well I didn't play much (normal act 1 & 2) and obviously missed some existing features.
Phrozen Heart";p="216053" wrote: Well where's the fun in that? ;) The idea of the tempered items is to hunt down those elusive components and custom build their own item.
If you talk of hunting, it shouldn't rely only on luck. Put some (dangerous) dragons, small and fast toads to catch, rare cold golems to kill, put mindflyer brain in mindflyer's TC ...
Phrozen Heart";p="216053" wrote:Hmmm...almost like a narrower version of contraband crates?
When I'm rich I'll take a prybar and open some ;)
Phrozen Heart";p="216053" wrote:As in for sale by vendors?
Didn't check in your mod :D That was my vanilla's memory.
Phrozen Heart";p="216053" wrote:I kind of like this idea although not sure the best way to implement it. The existing familiars are pretty done as they are but having them available in shops possibly with some form of upgrades would be nice.
So go on for a new NPC, the "zookeeper" of something like that. With KingPin in your cellar it shouldn't be an issue :D
Last edited by Ulmo on Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiwivagrant
Paladin

Post by Kiwivagrant » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:25 am

Phrozen Heart";p="216068" wrote: Personally I like things that can be implemented in tiny pieces ;)
Hmmmmmmmmm. ;)

I liked the Pantheon idea, and I also like the shifting stone idea.

Soooooooooo, why not add the two and magnify it a fair bit?

I'm not sure what the biggest object you can have in your inventory is, but if you can do big it would be great. This idea means BIGGER is BETTER.

Let's say shifting stones are really the soul of whichever deity it may be. If we have the soul, then all we need is the rest of him. Head, two arms, two legs, torso, hands and feet if you want to really get into the 'pieces' thing.

Lets cube all these things (very rare these body parts I might say) and make the deity. An 8x8 monster of an image (I hope) that gives you a fair boost to something or another.

The image has to be BIG, so only one or two can fit in the inventory. These deities can then have powers which can not be found anywhere else and by having it in your inventory you are seen as worshipping him/her/it/they/whatever.

Hmmmmmmm.

Maybe it's a special deity chart or map or something that you have in your inventory. You could really go spastic on making these things with new skills or whatever you want.

That's enough babbling from me.

EDIT - maybe make it so you can ever have one in your inventory ever, might need code editting (hello Kingpin!!) but make it so once in, you can't remove it. Oh, and maybe make it so you have to buy an object of consecration that costs ALOT of money to be able to use the object to worship the deity once you finally get all the pieces.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Maybe when you have the deities 'whatever' in your inventory after the consecration, then you can have access to an uber set that belongs solely to the worshippers of that deity. It can only be bought and the pieces can be on any one of the NPC's throughout the game. Of course, excessive amounts of coinage must be paid for each of the items - this means having ALOT of coin in you pocket.

Okay, I'm done now..........I hope.

K. :twisted:
Last edited by Kiwivagrant on Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:18 pm

Very nice ideas. Bugger me, this "to do" list is getting huge ;)

Mayahesa
Paladin

Post by Mayahesa » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:55 pm

I don't know if this has been mentioned, asked or otherwise queried but...

What's the possibility of using NWN creatures for models?

If it's possible, that dirty great mechanical spider from HotU would be fantastically scary as a boss/superunique in the spider caverns :D
There is a narrow difference between genius and madness, I'm merely smuggling sanity across the border.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:54 pm

You rip it to a set of multi-directional GIFs, I'll convert it for PH ;)

Mayahesa
Paladin

Post by Mayahesa » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:49 pm

If I was running my real computer and not this make-believe laptop that struggles to run Diablo2 I'd be glad to - My desktop blew up (literally) a couple of months ago and us unemployed bums can't afford to replace it....

But when I get back employed and on a real machine I'll see what I can do...

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:51 pm

Sounds like a plan :D

DiabloClone16

Post by DiabloClone16 » Thu May 05, 2005 7:42 am

Please do not make "Set Bags" or "Unique Boxes" that you can buy from vendors! I like magic finding, I dont want someone who just started to gamble a Set Spiderweb Sash right off the bat!

Not even if priced high would this be fair, everyone would just make a Gold Finding Eye of Tymora Pally, and use hammers to own things, and use RVP gear to reduce the price. Please god no. :cry:

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Thu May 05, 2005 8:54 am

i agree. rune boxes and so forth are ok but sets and uniques should be found the manly way =)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu May 05, 2005 12:26 pm

Don't worry, considered it, ruled it out ;)

Dainbramaged

Post by Dainbramaged » Thu May 05, 2005 4:37 pm

I have a quick question, which may also be a suggestion. Is it possible to have multiple pages on the gambling screen? I was thinking along the lines of one page for weapons and a seperate page for armor. It'd certainly make finding one specific item much easier.

Also wanted to add my two cents on the Underdark. While it's nice the way it is, I think it would be even better if it were more of an endurance type of thing. For the player, not the in game character.

What i mean by that is make it deeper, with gradually increasing difficulty. No waypoints or anything. Just 20 or so levels straight down, with sub bosses every 5 levels or so and one main boss at the bottom.

Well, that's what I've got, take it or leave it. By the way, I love the mod.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Thu May 05, 2005 4:54 pm

more underdark would certainly be excellent, something for the future if lots of free time crops up for our esteemed mod-gods no doubt =)

Return to “Pagan Heart”