[FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Re: [FEEDBACK] Suggestions?

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri May 06, 2005 1:03 am

Dainbramaged";p="223141" wrote:I have a quick question, which may also be a suggestion. Is it possible to have multiple pages on the gambling screen? I was thinking along the lines of one page for weapons and a seperate page for armor. It'd certainly make finding one specific item much easier.
Ummm...not possible (at least not softcoded anyway) sorry.
Dainbramaged";p="223141" wrote:Also wanted to add my two cents on the Underdark. While it's nice the way it is, I think it would be even better if it were more of an endurance type of thing. For the player, not the in game character.

What i mean by that is make it deeper, with gradually increasing difficulty. No waypoints or anything. Just 20 or so levels straight down, with sub bosses every 5 levels or so and one main boss at the bottom.

Well, that's what I've got, take it or leave it. By the way, I love the mod.
Vhaeghar";p="223143" wrote: more underdark would certainly be excellent, something for the future if lots of free time crops up for our esteemed mod-gods no doubt =)
Extending the Underdark has always been something I was interested in, the main factor holding things back is a suitable selection of monsters to populate it without becoming TOO repetitive. Any suggestions for a monster layout are welcome. As for the mini-bosses, only the very bottom layer is fixed so it's the only one that can support a fixed boss right now. That said, it may be possible to insert preset levels every so often but those areas would have to be fixed rather than random caves. For now, no mini-bosses although it is definately a nice idea for the future.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Dainbramaged

Post by Dainbramaged » Fri May 06, 2005 4:47 am

With a dungeon extending straight down it might be kinda cool to see some classic Diablo/Hellfire monsters thrown in. Or rather I think it would be cool.

As for the gambling. *Snaps fingers* Oh well, I had to ask.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Fri May 06, 2005 9:16 am

Well one floor could be the upgraded mind-flayers you were planning, something like Paragon Mindflayers, with summoned demon thralls.

Maybe one floor could be occupied by a goblin tribe...

and so forth =)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri May 06, 2005 1:20 pm

[quote=Dainbramaged";p="223234"]With a dungeon extending straight down it might be kinda cool to see some classic Diablo/Hellfire monsters thrown in. Or rather I think it would be cool.

As for the gambling. *Snaps fingers* Oh well, I had to ask.[/quote]
Nope sorry, all imported monsters are coming from the IE games ;)

[quote=Vhaeghar";p="223249"]Well one floor could be the upgraded mind-flayers you were planning, something like Paragon Mindflayers, with summoned demon thralls.

Maybe one floor could be occupied by a goblin tribe...

and so forth =)[/quote]
Didn't think mindflayers were big on demon brains but who knows ;) Now the "true" Psionic Illithids could be interesting if I can make a decent attack for them. Wonder if "shockwave" works as a monster skill...

As for goblins, not sure how much they inhabit the Underdark but we'll see.

Anyone up for a level suggestion plan? (eg. Level=Blah, blah and blah etc).

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Fri May 06, 2005 1:37 pm

Well they don't form illithids when they 'breed' with them, but demon brains are glowing with delightful power =)

maybe you're right about the goblins though =)

cave trolls maybe then? =)

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Fri May 06, 2005 8:18 pm

As for level suggestions, I'm pretty much indifferent which monster greets me where, the only thing that's important to me is that each level has a mixture of all imunities to make it difficult for everyone (Everyone without teleport at least ;) ). Not like the current lvl5 where everything is magic immune.

You could also make several stairs down to several last levels in the next to last level and then place a super unique, like the Matron in lvl6 now, into every of the last levels. Like Mindflayer SU in one, Drow SU in another etc. If the IE games support something like that flavor wise. Like the big fractions headquarters of an alliance. And if D2 supports multiple stairs on one lvl of dungeon.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri May 06, 2005 8:49 pm

I seem to recall we're a little restricted by "templates" of levels already in D2 but I also seem to recall that one of the existing caves (underground passage maybe) has two levels as well as two exits on the first level (thus making a cave level with three exits).
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Fri May 06, 2005 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dainbramaged

Post by Dainbramaged » Sat May 07, 2005 2:45 pm

Okay, I'm 0 for 2. Here goes strike 3.

I was just looking over the Infinitum and noticed some monsters I don't remember seeing. Were the slimes used anywhere in PH?

If not the could make decently annoying monsters. *crosses fingers, attempting not to look like a total doof*

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat May 07, 2005 3:27 pm

Sure why not ;) I think the gray/silver one is the only one I converted to a token (which isn't posted) and these 4 (5?) are a little err...BRIGHT. Maybe I'll see about trying out a greenish one or perhaps add transparency to the gray version for "Spectral Slime" :D Any property suggestions? Pure melee is boring ;)

Dainbramaged

Post by Dainbramaged » Sat May 07, 2005 4:26 pm

Well, being a slime I think physical resistant would be appropriate. And this is coming from a melee guy.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat May 07, 2005 4:50 pm

Could be physically immune as far as I'm concerned considering can you imagine trying to slice and dice a gelatinous assailant? This isn't to rule out melee fighters but it means they have to resort to elemental boni (which is fairly easy with tempered gear) rather than raw power. Think they need a novel attack too? Not sure how well slowing attacks work for monsters (maybe) but I'm open for suggestions.

[edit] Sleepy typos.
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Sat May 07, 2005 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Mon May 09, 2005 12:42 pm

slimes .... perhaps they could explode on death or something similar? like a posion explosion?

For another monster type, you have live beholders on the infinitum site. Maybe you could have beholders like skeleton mages.

Fire beholder... meteor, firewall, fireball
Ice beholder... Blizzard, Glacial Spike, frozen breath
Lightning beholder... Chain lightning, lightning, static sparks
Magic beholder... bone spear, spirit, bone armour
Poison beholder... Corpse explosion, poison nova, decrepify

ffej311
Paladin

Post by ffej311 » Tue May 10, 2005 3:11 am

You know what would be great, a way to "un-transmute" reagents from an item, or to take all of the reagent bonuses and suck them out onto a special item to be put onto another transmuted item.

But from the frequency at which my spidey senses are tingleing, i dont think this is going to happen =/ Cant blame a guy for trying.

Oh yah and the slime idea, good! Drawing on my 40k expeirance of fighting the Lord of Decays many deamons of nurgle, greater deamons of nurgle and countless nurglings, I think Phys immune would be a great idea. Also, how bout a special posion skill/enchantment that effects health as well as mana?
Last edited by ffej311 on Tue May 10, 2005 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Tue May 10, 2005 3:40 pm

[quote=ffej311";p="223727"]You know what would be great, a way to "un-transmute" reagents from an item, or to take all of the reagent bonuses and suck them out onto a special item to be put onto another transmuted item. [/quote]

Offering that possibility seems to push the, already much more powerful than rare/magic items, tempered items too far I think. The whole point from my perspective is that feeling of: "Yeah, I made myself such a nice tempered item. (two minutes later) Drat, I found a better base item.", like with runewords.
Compare it to cooking: When I cook a meal and discover afterwards that it's too salty, I can't expect to get my original ingredients back to try again.

Edit: Correct me if I'm wrong, but could it be that Frozen Orb got the same pre-requisite dilemma as Poison Nova?
Last edited by cc on Tue May 10, 2005 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Tue May 10, 2005 3:46 pm

prerequisities arent such a big thing in this mod though, as one can get a big wedge of skill points through potions and so forth.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue May 10, 2005 9:51 pm

ffej > Sorry not happening, see cc's post ;)

cc> Not really a bug but I rolled it back to vanilla anyway.

Vhaeghar> Doesn't matter how many skill points you have, you still need to obey prereqs ;)

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:51 am

About the ioun stones. Maybe it could be interresting to add better versions of them in NM and Hell difficulty, like you did with Gems. what do you think?
I'm just a french fan..

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:13 pm

Well that was actually all of them from BG2 using approximately the same properties. I guess it could be broken down so that some only drop in certain difficulties and then just power up the NM/Hell values?

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:35 pm

why not. the most useless are certainly the +5% to stats. because, it's like +10 if you have 200... Another idea could be to make the bonuses " per level" ones. That way they could be usefull for a longer period...
I'm just a french fan..

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:17 pm

Well at present the 8 stone are as follows:

Bronze Ioun Stone (Mana +5%, Mana Regen +5%)
Dusty Rose Ioun Stone (Defense +50)
Golden Ioun Stone (Mana +15%, Mana Regen +15%)
Lavender Ioun Stone (Defense +25, Resist All +10%)
Obsidian Ioun Stone (Vitality +5%)
Pale Green Ioun Stone (Health +10%, Attack Rating +5%)
Pearly White Ioun Stone (Replenish Life +5)
Silver Ioun Stone (Mana +10%, Mana Regen +10%)

I'm open to suggestions for values and/or level requirements but just remember that most per level modifiers are measured in eighths so all units per level need to be measured in 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 or actual integers.

[edit]

Well apparently that just sent everyone who wasn't already working on something for PH running and screaming :roll: ;)

Here's a jump start to get the cogs turning:

2 per level = 20 at level 10, 40 at level 20, 80 at level 40, 120 at level 60, 180 at level 90
1 3/4 per level = 18 at level 10, 35 at level 20, 70 at level 40, 105 at level 60, 158 at level 90
1 1/2 per level = 15 at level 10, 30 at level 20, 60 at level 40, 90 at level 60, 135 at level 90
1 1/4 per level = 13 at level 10, 25 at level 20, 50 at level 40, 75 at level 60, 113 at level 90
1 per level = 10 at level 10, 20 at level 20, 40 at level 40, 60 at level 60, 90 at level 90
1/2 per level = 5 at level 10, 10 at level 20, 20 at level 40, 30 at level 60, 45 at level 90
1/4 per level = 3 at level 10, 5 at level 20, 10 at level 40, 15 at level 60, 23 at level 90
1/8 per level = 1 at level 10, 2 at level 20, 5 at level 40, 7 at level 60, 11 at level 90
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:10 am

here's my proposition:
Dusty Rose Ioun Stone : Defense +3/lvl. maybe even +4/lvl.
Lavender Ioun Stone : Defense +0.5/lvl, Resist All +0.5/lvl. maybe remove the defense.
Obsidian Ioun Stone : Vitality +0.5%/lvl
Pale Green Ioun Stone : Health +0.5%/lvl, Attack Rating +0.5%/lvl
Pearly White Ioun Stone : Replenish Life +0.5/lvl

these 3 ones bother me a little. I tried to keep them "mana firendly"
Bronze Ioun Stone : Energy+0.5%/lvl
Silver Ioun Stone : replenish mana + 0.5%/lvl maybe 1/lvl
Golden Ioun Stone : faster cast rate + 0.5%/lvl maybe 1/lvl

These seems fair for me at high level. Maybe a "fixed" small bonus could make them more interesting for low level. for exemple:
Obsidian Ioun Stone : +10 Vitality, +0.5%Vitality/lvl
What do you think?
Last edited by DreamBreaker on Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a french fan..

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:13 am

Not bad, what about levelreqs?

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:17 am

Well, with /lvl bonuses, the lvl req can be pretty low i think. Maybe 12 or 15, for every stone, since there isn't any one that is more powerfull than the other.
edit: An idea that just popped in my mind: could it be possible to make them unrepairable? Since there are pretty common, maybe the could have something like 5-10 durability. these are supposed to be some kind of mystic stone after all. aftre a while, they just break and run out of power.
Last edited by DreamBreaker on Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just a french fan..

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:09 am

[quote=DreamBreaker";p="228297"]Well, with /lvl bonuses, the lvl req can be pretty low i think. Maybe 12 or 15, for every stone, since there isn't any one that is more powerfull than the other.[/quote]
Works for me although I may make the bronze a little lower and the gold a little higher.

[quote=DreamBreaker";p="228297"]edit: An idea that just popped in my mind: could it be possible to make them unrepairable? Since there are pretty common, maybe the could have something like 5-10 durability. these are supposed to be some kind of mystic stone after all. aftre a while, they just break and run out of power.[/quote]
Sounds good :)

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:25 am

[quote=DreamBreaker";p="228293"]here's my proposition:
Dusty Rose Ioun Stone : Defense +3/lvl. maybe even +4/lvl.
Lavender Ioun Stone : Defense +0.5/lvl, Resist All +0.5/lvl. maybe remove the defense.
Pearly White Ioun Stone : Replenish Life +0.5/lvl[/quote]

I would remove the defense yeah. The +resist all is powerful enough already. As for defense, I think that +4 per level could be done, seeing as that is the only mod you'll have on teh helm then. In addition, near end-game there is already the possibility of finding 300+ defense helmets (I think, haven't found them yet ;)), so an ioun stone with +360 to defense at level 90 would already be an option no longer.

[quote=DreamBreaker";p="228293"]Obsidian Ioun Stone : Vitality +0.5%/lvl
Pale Green Ioun Stone : Health +0.5%/lvl, Attack Rating +0.5%/lvl[/quote]

+x% health is better than +x% vitality, beause +x% health gives a bonus on all you life, including the life comming from you vitality. So I would switch these two around:
Obsidian: Health +0.5% per level
Pale Green: Vitality +0.5% per level, attack rating +0.5% per level

[quote=DreamBreaker";p="228293"]

these 3 ones bother me a little. I tried to keep them "mana firendly"
Bronze Ioun Stone : Energy+0.5%/lvl
Silver Ioun Stone : replenish mana + 0.5%/lvl maybe 1/lvl
Golden Ioun Stone : faster cast rate + 0.5%/lvl maybe 1/lvl
[/quote]
I'd make the faster cast rate 0.5% per level, replenish mana can be 1 per level. The Golden one needs another bonus to make it worthwile on low levels (maybe a fixed bonus to energy or mana)

I'd say a level requirement at around 15 would be good for most of them.

Farseer Ulthrion

Return to “Pagan Heart”