[INFO] Installation

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

No votes

Total votes: 0

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:49 pm

If the "mymod" folder is the one that came with D2Mod, just delete it and forget about it. There is actually a whole thread explaining what to do from start to finish. Try reading through the first post and see if that helps. In regards to DMod, once you've unzipped it to your D2 folder and installed it, don't even worry about it anymore.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Lu-Tze

Post by Lu-Tze » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:05 pm

I've successfully installed the mod now and I recommend putting the contents of that thread into the readme, as I would have had no problems if I had known of that thread. I thank you for your help.
~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:07 pm

Well the readme points to this forum and the install guide is one of the main stickies at the top ;)

Lu-Tze

Post by Lu-Tze » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:50 pm

One of many stickies, if one person missed it, others can too. Btw I noticed two mistakes in the books of lore, the first was in the noodles recipe: suplimental instead of supplemental, the second in Taanik's journal: one one instead of one.
~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:54 pm

I'll look into it although I'll be merging this with that thread shortly so please repost your report in the 0.98 feedback thread :)

Talol Padaes
Location: Slightly South of Hell, and a little west of the rainbow

Post by Talol Padaes » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:19 am

something else I noticed about an incorrect installation. If you are actually bullheaded enough to start a character for this mod despite the lack of correct info on the title screen :roll:, almost everything will have the name 'ITH'

Not a clue why... it just does...
[color=694269]If ever I plan to conquer the World, I will hire a group of 10 year old children to point out flaws in my plans BEFORE I enact them[/color]

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:14 am

Didn't realize that but good to note for future reference :)

killer-gorilla

generic bad file

Post by killer-gorilla » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:15 am

so i downloaded the .95 version for the first time, and got the .96-.99 updates to go with it. i was assuming (and this is a pretty big assumption) that i had no mods installed, and my files should have been clean. however, after going through the instructions repeatedly, something about the d2mod setup isn't working correctly. i've actually had various problems.

i tried playing without doing anything after installing the .95 version, and it looked ok at the start, except for the green patches that were mentioned, and plugy wasn't installed. i then proceeded to update and install it fully. this is where most of my issues are.

so starting off here: i have the newest .99 version installed in the suggested directory, and the d2mod program in the original d2 directory. it seems to install fine, but then when i go to play (from the correct shortcut) and start a new character (or even an old one) i get the generic bad file error in d2 that doesn't let the game start. with the d2mod system off, i can start fine using any char, but like mentioned before, everything has the ith label and the weird -x ken label on the waypoints and towns. any help would be appreciated, and if that includes clean d2 files... how can i get them without re-installing, because re-installation never goes smoothly for me.

----- EDIT -----
I have an idea. I just thought of this as i was reading another forum section. I've used a different PlugY version with a different mod (Nezeramontias to be exact), and i remember i have a ton of things left in the shared stash. Maybe that's the problem? I'm going to have to check.

----- EDIT #2 -----
Well that was indeed the problem. So, as a reference for others in the future: you can't have foreign, incompatible objects in the shared pages of your plugY shash when you switch mods. And if the error has to do with a generic bad file (but it's not an error that shuts down the game), check the stash. Also, the personal pages are safe to leave items in.. it just can't be the shared pages.
Last edited by killer-gorilla on Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: [INFO] Installation

Post by theonlymoose » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:48 pm

That's weird. I've got like 18 or 19 mods installed, and I've never had any clashes between mods that used plugy & the shared stash. Then again, any mod that uses plugy, I do my best to make sure that the mod has it's own save folder. ;)

EDIT1: {typo} :oops:
Last edited by theonlymoose on Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:51 pm

Yep moose has the right idea for multiple mods. In plugy.ini you'll see a section that says:
[SAVEPATH]
ActiveSavePathChange=0
SavePath=save\PlugY Only\
Which can be changed for each mod to avoid conflicts like this :)
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killer-gorilla

Post by killer-gorilla » Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:19 pm

yeah, i didn't go through and change any save folders or anything, it's all bunched together. it's working ok so far, but now i see i can have it so much better... we'll see.

Keldaren

Post by Keldaren » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:00 am

i dont know what i did.. but pagan hearts decided to 'eth' me off a bit.. hehe..
long time since i got the 76b and since been following the updates..but i want to play my d2.. wont let me... so i went and got those clean dlls and replaced.. now my d2 works fine.. but my pagan hearts giving me eth for.. well, pretty much everything... what do i do to fix, if its possible? or have i done the total screw-up?

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:10 pm

Well the best way to figure a solution is to understand what you did including the order you did stuff in (even including unzipping and shortcut details) and the folder locations when you first installed the mod.

Keldaren

Post by Keldaren » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:30 pm

heh.. well, i remember first installing it to the folders specified (my mod, or make a new folder for the mod.. in a folder called mods) and put it there; since then it was running fine..even after getting updates and those newer full installs;all of this is in c:/Program Files/DiabloII/Mods/paganheart and c:/program Files/DiabloII/

[EDIT] oh, the shortcuts that run it from the desktop is "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct
all my unzips have been put in the Pagan Heart folder specified above
Last edited by Keldaren on Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:39 pm

Well the only the time you need to access your D2 folder is when you install D2Mod which patches one DLL and adds the D2Mod.dll but the "mymod" thing is for people creating their own mod, any other files from the D2Mod zip can be removed (the ini for instance). After you unzip PH to the c:/Program Files/DiabloII/Mods/paganheart folder did you make sure that the "starts in" part of the shortcut is pointing towards that folder?

Still not too sure of the problem as I run vanilla, several seperate test mods and PH without trouble.

Keldaren

Post by Keldaren » Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:46 pm

yeah, i have it start in the pagan heart folder; maybe i might have overwritten the d2mod dll; im going to go check that really quick
lol well i dont know exactly what i run other than plugY, d2mod, and pagan heart :3

[EDIT] ok.. i reinstalled D2Mod.. because my title screen for Pagan Heart didnt say that i had PlugY or D2Mod installed and running; after re-installing it, all my pagan heart stuff came back :p
now to see if it will run d2 regularly
[EDIT2] gah.. ran LoD to see if it worked... gave me this error...
"Assertion Failure
Expression :pbData

....er? lol
Last edited by Keldaren on Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Keldaren

Post by Keldaren » Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:58 pm

::sigh:: well, looks like im stuck using Pagan Heart or D2
any ideas about that error, and what i can do to fix it? :(

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:07 pm

My method has always been installing 2 versions of d2 on my harddrive, one for ph and one for vanilla. So if you got enough space, that might be worth a try.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:07 pm

Without an insanely detailed description of what you've done (as it obviously a minor wrinkle somewhere), there's nothing we can do sorry.

btw in future please continue to edit instead of double posting.

[edit]

@cc - That might be the best solution for him although I know for a fact it runs fine with both on the same install using different shortcuts.
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:18 pm

Like I've mentioned before, I've got like 18 or 19 mods installed - all using the the default D2 installation. Too a little patience, but I've got them all running properly. I use self made batch files for activating and deactivating certain mods that don't use the -direct or -direct -txt method.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:20 pm

None of the other mods I have installed have non-D2Mod DLLs but I don't have have batch files just a folder of shortcuts with the various "start in" folders and -direct, -txt or a combination of both.

Keldaren

Post by Keldaren » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:56 pm

i dont think i can get more detailed than installing it to my C:/program Files/DiabloII and c:/Program Files/DiabloII/Mods/Pagan Heart;
i have 27 .dll files in my DiabloII folder, the d2mod.ini, and the d2modsetup.bin.. then theres just the d2 folders and my mod folders.. thats about it; nothing more to the installation or anything. could i have installed d2mod and placed something from pagan heart in the diabloII folder that could cause a conflict?

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:03 pm

Well d2mod.ini shouldn't be in your D2 folder for starters. A dummy one comes in the d2mod zip file but the one in the PH zip goes to to your PH folder along with everything else. Other than patching one D2 DLL and adding the D2mod.dll you shouldn't have anything else added/changed in your D2 folder.

As for being more detailed, I meant such as "I download the blahblah.zip and unzipped it to c:\dummyfolder then..." which could easily end up being a page long (you saw the first post of this thread). Saying "27 .dll files" tells us nothing. I'd really like to help but I can't without exact specifics. A random guess would be you left the wrong d2mod.ini in your D2 folder and it's overriding the one in the PH folder but I've got no way to confirm that without a breakdown.

Keldaren

Post by Keldaren » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:27 pm

well.. thanks to phrozen, my problem has been solved...
the problem was that i had, in fact, accidentally left the dummy d2mod.ini in my DiabloII folder, causing the problem the whole time!
i removed it and test ran both d2Lod and pagan heart, and both run fine, no conflicts!
sorry for the misinterpretations about what you needed... but hey, problem solved right? thanks a whole bunch
:D

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:29 pm

As long as you see the fancy logo of Internet Explorer moving in the upper right hand corner of DON'T hit the submit button for a post a 2ND time. It can take a few minutes (I myself have experienced 5 minutes) before a post goes through when the site is busy.

Return to “Pagan Heart”