[SPOILERS] Runeword testing

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Ulthrion
Paladin

Re: [SPOILERS] Runeword testing

Post by Ulthrion » Thu May 05, 2005 8:37 pm

I've updated my previous post with around 8 failed elemental weapon rune combinations. In addition, I've added the weapon rune combinations tried by others in this thread to mine under the somewhat dangerous assumption that the weapon runewords are all weapon (and not weapon specific).

Farseer Ulthrion

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Thu May 05, 2005 8:46 pm

I wouldn't make that assumption if I were you...

On the bright side, at least we didn't go with my leather/chain/plate armor rune words idea ;)
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Thu May 05, 2005 10:02 pm

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="223176"]I wouldn't make that assumption if I were you...[/quote]

Feared so, so I added the weapons in which they were tried to the thread.

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="223176"]On the bright side, at least we didn't go with my leather/chain/plate armor rune words idea ;)[/quote]

yeah, that would allow a lot of searching. That would be something like telling us "hey, you finished searching that haystack? Here are a couple more where the needle could be".

btw, maybe you could make the act5 quest that gives runes in such a way that it gives all the runes of a random runeword. Then all we have to do is do lots of quests to get all the rune combinations, and then try them out in various combinations in various weapons/armours. Just an idea though, don't know if you like it, or if it's even possible.

Farseer Ulthrion

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri May 06, 2005 1:30 am

[quote=Ulthrion";p="223186"]btw, maybe you could make the act5 quest that gives runes in such a way that it gives all the runes of a random runeword. Then all we have to do is do lots of quests to get all the rune combinations, and then try them out in various combinations in various weapons/armours. Just an idea though, don't know if you like it, or if it's even possible.

Farseer Ulthrion[/quote]
As opposed to? ;)

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Fri May 06, 2005 8:47 am

is that a very subtle hint? =)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri May 06, 2005 10:48 am

Me? Subtle? Never ;)

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Fri May 06, 2005 11:40 am

Now i wish i hadn't completed all the quests enons ago. time to make new characters and write down the rune combos given methinks =)

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Fri May 06, 2005 8:11 pm

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="223255"]Me? Subtle? Never ;)[/quote]

I need more irony ore to make a suitable reply to this ;)

I've got a good news, a bad news and something hypothetical. The good: I've got lots of runewords. The bad: I lost my notes on the rune orders :oops:. The hypothetical: If I recall correctly every word follows the pattern of starting with the highest rune and descending to the lowest. But as the point of the lost notes shows, my memory of things is not the best all the time, so while the following combinations are working, no guaranty for the order. With weapons, I only tried the types listed, no clue about what works in others too and what not.

Lolth: Infernal Celerity and Power in Spears
Imix: Flaming Shield and Flaring in Bows
Shaundakul: Heart and Resolve in Armor
Adalon: Wisdom, Fortitude and Diligence in Helm
Tymora: Crusader and Divination in Helm

By the way: Anyone owning a rune above lvl58? I'm starting to curse the fact that the game didn't give us a rune upgrade shrine to complement the gem upgrade one, even if it would have to be a lot rarer.
P.S: The last paragraph doesn't include any subtle hints on possible additions for v0.96 in any way. ;)
Last edited by cc on Thu May 12, 2005 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

NX-02

Post by NX-02 » Sat May 07, 2005 5:20 am

I'm confused, did you find them on your own - or rip them from the game somehow?
[sub][USS Columbia] - [NX-02][/sub]

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Sat May 07, 2005 1:55 pm

Phrozen showed me items that had the same boni as the runewords would end up with in order to get some testing done to eliminate any left over bugs and rebalance some of them, so I know which mods show up on which word and simply have to compare them to the mods granted by runes to come up with potential combinations. Then I simply have to try out the order the runes need to be placed in and the word is complete.

I'll be a good boy and limit myself to hand out a couple of them once in a while if I still got some in store that were not discovered by then. Hope that's fine with everyone.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sat May 07, 2005 3:29 pm

It's actually my fault for not saying anything before and all cc did was use his over-attuned sense of deduction.

Not wanting to cut you out of this completely bud but maybe space em out a little rather than posting half of the entire rune word list at once ;)

NX-02

Post by NX-02 » Sun May 08, 2005 12:56 am

Oh, well, that makes a little more sense :)
[sub][USS Columbia] - [NX-02][/sub]

ffej311
Paladin

Post by ffej311 » Sun May 08, 2005 3:51 am

it would help if when one finds a runeword, one will post a screen shot or describe the bonuses from said runeword. ;)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun May 08, 2005 3:55 am

Well they posted the combos, go try them out ;)

j/k

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Sun May 08, 2005 3:04 pm

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="223393"]...over-attuned sense of deduction.[/quote]
Can I quote you on that in me next real life job application? ;)

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="223393"]
Not wanting to cut you out of this completely bud but maybe space em out a little rather than posting half of the entire rune word list at once ;)[/quote]
Sure, no worries. Though that might lead to people laying siege to your home after a couple of hundred of missed tries to finally get some hints implemented. ;)

I'll try to get screenshots of mine when I'm back at my usual PC.

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Sun May 08, 2005 3:09 pm

heh well i'm storing up runes for a huge epic. but i'm not going to do them at random i'm going to methodically try every combination from the bottom on up...

i reckon i'll find 0 though =)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun May 08, 2005 4:20 pm

cc, looks like you'll have to help with another batch soon at this rate ;)
LOLTH

Lolth (once called Araushnee in the Forgotten Realms, and sometimes Lloth in the Menzoberranzan region of the Realms' Underdark), the Spider Queen, is a chaotic evil demon and goddess. She is worshipped chiefly by the subterranean, matriarchal drow (dark elves). Most servants who fail her are either slain or transformed into creatures called driders: centaur-like creatures that have spider-like bodies below their waists instead of a centaur's equine features. She is also served by a race of shapeshifting tanar'ri called the yochlol. In their natural form, yochlol resemble molten blobs of wax. Lolth dwells in the Demonweb Pits, a demonic realm formed entirely of a single great fractal web, where she is served by legions of powerful mystical slaves. Lolth's residence in this realm is a mobile iron spider-shaped stronghold.
IMIX

Though not the ruler of the entire Elemental Plane of Fire, Imix controls large realms. Thousands of fire elementals, efreet, and salamanders call him master, yet he constantly strives to destroy those creatures that refuse to bow down before him.
SHAUNDAKUL

Shaundakul is a lonely deity of few words who lets his deeds speak for him. He is kind but stern, with a rugged sense of humor that sometimes comes to the fore. His faith is on the upswing in part because of his willingness to personally recruit worshipers while manifesting in the world in physical form. Clad in his dark, swirling cloak, leather armor, and boots that never quite touch the ground, the Rider of the Winds cuts a regal figure with his massive greatsword ever at the ready. Tall and handsome, Shaundakul walks in silence but is surrounded by the ever-present keening whistle of the wind. After falling into obscurity in the wake of the fall of Myth Drannor, the church of Shaundakul has been greatly revitalized since the Time of Troubles. The decade-long absence of Waukeen and near collapse of her church in the wake of the Avatar Crisis caused many merchants, particularly caravaneers, to turn to Shaundakul for a time. Although many merchants have since returned to the church of the Waukeen, others, particularly those infected with wanderlust, have stayed faithful, and the church has continued to grow. Today, the church of Shaundakul attracts many brave adventurers and daring explorers to its ranks, and word of their latest exploits is eagerly awaited in the cities in which they are based.
ADALON

Silver dragons are kind and helpful. They will cheerfully assist good creatures if their need is genuine. They often take e the forms of kindly old men or fair damsels when associating with people. At birth, a silver dragon's scales are blue-gray with silver highlights. As the dragon approaches adulthood, its color slowly lightens to brightly gleaming silver. An adult or older silver dragon has scales so fine that the individual scales are scarcely visible. From a distance, these dragons look as if they have been sculpted from pure metal.
TYMORA

Tymora is fickle but playful and never vengeful or malicious. In actuality, Tymora is half of the deity once known as Tyche, with Beshaba being the other half. Tymora inherited Tyche’s grace and kindness when that goddess split into two beings in the Dawn Cataclysm, a war among the gods, having said to have heralded the fall of Myth Dranor. Her faith is one of the most common in Faerûn, in particular since it caters most heavily to a highly mobile, relatively wealthy, and intrinsically powerful group who live by their wits and by their luck: adventurers. Tymora often takes the form of a silver bird or a silver pegasus. She also sends servant creatures to aid mortals in these shapes, as well as those of einheriar, faerie dragons, foo lions, swanmays, and unicorns.
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Sun May 08, 2005 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Sun May 08, 2005 6:32 pm

Added 26 more failed attempts in my long mace to my post on page 1.

EDIT: added 30+ more failed attempts.

Farseer Ulthrion
Last edited by Ulthrion on Wed May 11, 2005 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed May 11, 2005 7:56 pm

Personally I don't have any persistance after the first couple of failures ;)

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Wed May 11, 2005 8:29 pm

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="224015"]Personally I don't have any persistance after the first couple of failures ;)[/quote]

Personally, I have(/had) too much spare time on my hands :D.

Farseer Ulthrion

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed May 11, 2005 8:34 pm

Seems to be a lot of that about with PH players lately (Vhaeghar with the sets, cc with the runes/uniques) ;)

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Wed May 11, 2005 9:54 pm

you should probably rather say that we like your mod and thus want to play, not that we are sad lifeless fools *cough*

i've temporarily shalted my attempts to find runewords and am instead trying to get at least one of each rune type, in the hope their names have some relevant clues to tell =)

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Wed May 11, 2005 10:18 pm

I was actually meaning that people have the free time from not playing the mod to spend the time trying to fix it ;)

Vhaeghar
Champion of the Light

Post by Vhaeghar » Thu May 12, 2005 8:46 am

oh right... well i cheat, as i can't very well play at work *laugh*

Which is a damn shame alas =)

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Thu May 12, 2005 12:44 pm

I managed to get screenies from all the runewords I posted so far, have fun looking at them over there.

By doing an extraordinarily perilous quest (aka cleaning up my desk) I managed to find my list with the rune orders again, so I corrected the patterns of the one I had posted and will include those right away in any further spoilers.

Return to “Pagan Heart”