[FEEDBACK] Assorted 0.995b Comments

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

[FEEDBACK] Assorted 0.995b Comments

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:51 pm

"There They Wait In Fear With Swords In Feeble Hands
With Dreams To Be A King First One Should Be A Man
I Call Them Out And Charge Them All With A Life That Is A Lie
And In Their Final Hour They Shall Confess Before They Die"
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: [FEEDBACK] Assorted 0.995b Comments

Post by theonlymoose » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:17 pm

Phrozen you still on vacation?!? I will be coming off my vacation soon from playing D2. Got a reason too now - to collect MY set for my barbarian. :mrgreen:

Keldaren

Post by Keldaren » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:37 pm

Very nice update! only a couple of problems though:
.a lot of my regents still dont have skins ;-;
.the new health/man bars... look nice...but aer distracting ;-;
. underdark..just as hard... :D
thats pretty much it... the regent problem i dunno, because ive had that for a while...
either way, still a nice update

cc
Paladin

Post by cc » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:39 pm

Are you in some way allergic to the "v1.0" text? ;) The way you name the updates mankind will be extinct befor you run out of numbers smaller than 1.
Just tried it for a couple of minutes and I've got to say I really like the new mana/life globes. The bit of blank space inside of the bars is a bit irritating at first but you get used to it fast.

And an unique Bastard Sword is another Evil Force.

Re: reagent skin problem, I had the same with scarabs/ankhs for a while. Reinstallation solved the problem for me.
"Niemand darf mir glauben, wenn ich lache oder weine,
Niemand darf von Zukunft reden, denn ich sehe wirklich keine,
Nur wenn ich die Augen schließe geh' ich jedesmal zu weit:
Es ist nur eine Frage des Momentes und der Zeit."
- Samsas Traum "Scherben bringen Glück"

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:53 pm

[quote=theonlymoose";p="235511"]Phrozen you still on vacation?!? I will be coming off my vacation soon from playing D2. Got a reason too now - to collect MY set for my barbarian. :mrgreen:[/quote]
Nope I'm still "out", I just figured with so much content already done it was a shame to shelf it in the meantime.

[quote=Keldaren";p="235515"]Very nice update! only a couple of problems though:
.a lot of my regents still dont have skins ;-;[/quote]
[quote=cc";p="235516"]Re: reagent skin problem, I had the same with scarabs/ankhs for a while. Reinstallation solved the problem for me.[/quote]
Sounds like you missed a patch as the inventory images were only included once in an upgrade (in addition to the compiled releases) so skipping that one would give you that problem. The data/global/items/ folder should have around 800 files I believe.

[quote=Keldaren";p="235515"].the new health/man bars... look nice...but aer distracting ;-;[/quote]
[quote=cc";p="235516"]Just tried it for a couple of minutes and I've got to say I really like the new mana/life globes. The bit of blank space inside of the bars is a bit irritating at first but you get used to it fast.[/quote]
He went through a few prototypes but I think Volf did an awesome job with them :D

[quote=Keldaren";p="235515"]underdark..just as hard... :D[/quote]
No-one think the news guys make it at least "different"?

[quote=cc";p="235516"]Are you in some way allergic to the "v1.0" text? ;) The way you name the updates mankind will be extinct befor you run out of numbers smaller than 1.[/quote]
I'm only limited by the number of digits PlugY will let me go into decimals with ;) In truth, this patch is/was decent enough to make release but not quite as packed as I would of liked for v1.0 hence the intermediate number :)

[quote=cc";p="235516"]And an unique Bastard Sword is another Evil Force.[/quote]
Apparently I forgot to pack the newest string tables so they'll probably be quite a few of those :oops: I'll go fix it shortly.

[edit]

I've replaced the old file in the file center with the package that contains the newest string tables. Same link as before but make sure the filename includes "-fixed" on the end ;) Just checked and since I fast tracked it, it's already mirrored to the public servers.
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hellz Flesh

Post by Hellz Flesh » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:07 pm

I like the HP/MP bars, there quite stunning.. however.. they are distracting for the first few hours of gameplay. :lol: You get used to them however.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:30 pm

I like the new health/mana globe replacements too. :)

Keldaren

Post by Keldaren » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:48 pm

bit off topic.. but would you happen to know what patch i might have missed that would have them? the regents i mean :o

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:36 pm

I like the new putrid spellweavers in the underdark level 2. They look cool, and there are many of them.

Only problem now is that the item/area levels of the underdark have been altered (on purpose?), and the first area's only drop item level 50-60 in hell, which is really crappy considering that even the blood moor has item level 67 and the underdak is more on par with act5 (which has all area level 78+ I believe). The item levels only start to become interesting around underdark level 7-8, everything before that is just worse than the normal act4/5 areas.

I think that the gradual increase in level is okay, but maybe you should just set level 10 on the maximum (82 I believe), and then 1 area level less for each area above that (underdark 1: area level 73, underdark level 2: area level 74 ... underdark level 10: area level 82). And even with this, the area levels for the first few levels will be more act1-ish than act5-like.

Farseer Ulthrion

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:22 pm

@Keldaren - So which ones can/can't you see?

@Ulthrion - I'll take a look.

At least I don't have to feel bad if I decide to junk the project, no bugger seems to be playing it anymore...

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:50 pm

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="236360"]At least I don't have to feel bad if I decide to junk the project, no bugger seems to be playing it anymore...[/quote]

Like I said I'm getting ready to get back into playing again. Had to get a few things in real life straightened out first. :oops: Will start up with my playing diary again when I do too. :)

Darkmage
Retired staff
Paladin

Post by Darkmage » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:31 pm

This is the only mod I've played in a very long time, and I've liked it a lot. Unfortunately, my D2X CD is 70 miles away with my ex, and I don't think I'll be seeing it anytime soon. I'll probably pick the game up again though. It's... pretty cool and all. ;)
End? No the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path; one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it... white shores, and beyond. The far green country, onto a swift sunrise.

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:32 am

<<< Moose wanders back into the Under Dark after two months of healing and resting >>>
:mrgreen:

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:53 pm

*crickets chirping*

Lyken

Post by Lyken » Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:12 pm

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="236360"]
At least I don't have to feel bad if I decide to junk the project, no bugger seems to be playing it anymore...[/quote]

If you junk it, I'd have to swat you! :twisted:
My brother and I just got into this and I must say the number of items to be hoarded is impressive! So many items, so little time...

~Lyken

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:19 pm

So no actual bugs to report yet?

*quick head count*

Okay there's a few regulars missing here...

pseto

Post by pseto » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:06 pm

Just to say, GREAT WORK Pagan & Heart. I tried most of the other mods, but this one RULES. Thanks for turning the best game ever into THE BEST BEST GAME EVER! Oh yeah, not a single BUG so far ( Nightmare-Hell-Quest01 ).
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Lyken

Post by Lyken » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:33 pm

Hmm I'm not sure if the mod causes this but whenever those raptor-like creatures in act 5 use charge on my barbarian, I often become unable to move until i remove/replace my armor. Of course this has happened to me in vanilla D2x but now it seems to only happen with the raptor things.

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:28 pm

I haven't played a lot recently. Not enough time. But I'm still there :).
nothing special to add.
I've been quite unlucky these days ,and the last 3000 000 gold i spent on gheed potions only gave me a +15 to attibute. I need skills points damnit! lol
I'm just a french fan..

theonlymoose
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by theonlymoose » Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:51 pm

[quote=Phrozen Heart";p="238433"]*crickets chirping*[/quote]

I couldn't get online for about a week after my last post - had to replace my ethernet card. :cry:

Lyken

Post by Lyken » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:27 am

The barbarian (not sure about other classes) dissapears for a second after using the Blade Fury skill granted by A'Kins Deadly Toys set throwing stars.

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:27 pm

[quote=Lyken";p="239638"]Hmm I'm not sure if the mod causes this but whenever those raptor-like creatures in act 5 use charge on my barbarian, I often become unable to move until i remove/replace my armor. Of course this has happened to me in vanilla D2x but now it seems to only happen with the raptor things.[/quote]
Hmmm...anyone else seen this?

[quote=Lyken";p="240162"]The barbarian (not sure about other classes) dissapears for a second after using the Blade Fury skill granted by A'Kins Deadly Toys set throwing stars.[/quote]
Yeah that's an unfortunate side effect of the game trying to use the assassin throwing sequence, I believe most (if not all) other characters have that problem.

Glad to see others are still here though :D

johnyod

Post by johnyod » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:57 pm

is this the end of pagan heart, or is there some work still being done?

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:16 pm

I do actually have a tweak every so often so don't count the project as dead just yet...

erevos
Hosted Forum Moderator
Paladin
Greece

Post by erevos » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:45 pm

Im playing too its a good job so dont stop or just make a big update and final release

Return to “Pagan Heart”