[Query] Familiars?

Information and updates for the Pagan Heart mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here.

Moderators: Phrozen Heart, Pagan Rainfall

No votes

Total votes: 0

boldie
Paladin

[Query] Familiars?

Post by boldie » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:17 am

going about my daily business i find familiars randomly dropped. i dont find much use for them so i just stashed them away. i did this only to think that there might be some cube recipe that they might be involved in, is this true :?:
victormink@msn.com

"there is no spoone" - the matricks

Verbatim
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Verbatim » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:08 am

I believe I saw this question asked elsewhere, and the answer was no...they can't even be tri-cubed, like all the other charms can be, so it's best to drop or sell ones with useless mods. Personally, I find it useful to carry one or two familiars because they add to your light radius, and your light radius starts out pretty small in this mod, it's really helpful to get some from your gear.

Phrozen did reply that he liked the idea of "feeding" your familiar via a recipie, though, so it could be something for the future.

Of course, if you've got a high ilvl familiar, you can re-roll its mods using the 3x pgems + magic item formula, and hopefully get something more than just a flashlight.

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:48 am

The mods that can appear on a familiar are exactly the same as with a large charm. These are probably the worst of the mods for charms, but on the other hand, they also come standard with some nice mana increase and light radius (in case you didn't notice, all characters start out with -10 light radius in this mod, so all the caves are truely dark).

I still use some on my character, mainly for the mana though. The ones that I use are either life/resist or life/mana familiars.

Farseer Ulthrion

boldie
Paladin

Post by boldie » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:45 am

is there any uniques, like you should create like a diablo familiar or andariel familiar, or maybe even a blood raven or summoner familiar? would be cool

Boldie
victormink@msn.com

"there is no spoone" - the matricks

Ulthrion
Paladin

Post by Ulthrion » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:39 pm

I've seen two unique familiars so far, Boo (from Baldur's Gate) and Lim-Lim. So there are unique ones, but you're never sure how many there are :)

Farseer Ulthrion

Phrozen Heart
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Phrozen Heart » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:19 pm

I believe those are the only two unique familiars, Boo (as mentioned, the minature giant space hamster from the Baldur's Gate series) and the Lim-Lim (a giant flea-like insect pet from Planescape Torment). Partial code is in there for Melicamp the Chicken (also from BG) but my lack of skill coding meant I couldn't get the "Polymorph Other" curse to work correctly so it was disabled.
Melicamp the Chicken: Th...thank ye...(cluck). You have saved (cluck) me.
Protagonist:
1. Forsooth! Methinks you are no ordinary talking chicken!
2. I fear I have taken one too many blows to the head! Next I'll be hearing hamsters speak!
3. Aaaah!! Unholy magics are afoot! This chicken is possessed! This bird is FOUL!!!
Last edited by Phrozen Heart on Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want me to miss you, you have to GO AWAY first...

Francis MacKinnon

Re:

Post by Francis MacKinnon » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:00 am

Verbatim" wrote:I believe I saw this question asked elsewhere, and the answer was no...they can't even be tri-cubed, like all the other charms can be, so it's best to drop or sell ones with useless mods. Personally, I find it useful to carry one or two familiars because they add to your light radius, and your light radius starts out pretty small in this mod, it's really helpful to get some from your gear.

Phrozen did reply that he liked the idea of "feeding" your familiar via a recipie, though, so it could be something for the future.

Of course, if you've got a high ilvl familiar, you can re-roll its mods using the 3x pgems + magic item formula, and hopefully get something more than just a LED flashlight.
Totally agree with you,''if you've got a high ilvl familiar, you can re-roll its mods using the 3x pgems + magic item formula, and hopefully get something more than just a flashlight.'
The mods that can appear on a acquainted are exactly the same as with a huge appeal. These are probably the most severe of the mods for appeal, but however, they also come conventional with some awesome mana improve and mild distance (in situation you didn't observe, all figures begin out with -10 mild distance in this mod, so all the caverns are actually dark).

Return to “Pagan Heart”