New system for code mods - D2Mod.dll

Discuss applications of D2Mod (v1.10), NefEx (v1.11+), and PlugY, and post suggestions for future plugins.

Moderators: Nefarius, Yohann, SVR

100%

Total votes: 2

sPoT
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by sPoT » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:50 am

May I suggest other plugins ideas here?
Do you know that every modding question has an answer? Just use the power, click me!
"The Defile" - Forum - currently closed
The best guide for every modmaker!

saltbush

Re: New system for code mods - D2Mod.dll

Post by saltbush » Thu May 03, 2007 10:04 am

I've tried using this for the hireling inventory plugin and i've almost got it to work

I can give my hireling all types of equipment (such as rings etc) but now i can't use my characters inventory, on top of that all the stuff they had in the inven is gone (it comes back if i remove the mod). I can still equip items on my character but as you can imagine its pretty hard without an inventory

so what have i done wrong?

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Thu May 03, 2007 1:13 pm

DON'T replace the your inventory.txt file with the one in the plugin. Open it in a spreadsheet editor and copy & paste the two lines on the original ones. The inventory.txt in the plugin only adds 2 lines for the mercs, they miss the ones for your characters.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

saltbush

Post by saltbush » Thu May 03, 2007 11:52 pm

yep i did that, i extracted the inventory.txt from the expansion.mpq and put it in a data folder so its in /diablo/data/gobal/excel (same as its path) then i opened it up in wordpad and copied the two hirelings lines (in the mod's inventory.txt) over the existing hireling lines. I then created the sub folders in the data folder to put the graphic files in.

After a little more checking i can say that my inventory doesn't come back if i remove the inventory.txt file but then i can work everything normally (well the hirelings graphics look stange but thats cause i haven't removed the graphics files).

*EDIT* Ahh i've figured it out now, i should have been taking inventory.txt from the patch.mpq file not the expansion one :). Let that be a tip for any more newbies that try and do this :)
Last edited by saltbush on Fri May 04, 2007 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:22 am

I need help with StatFix plugin. Seems like it not work for me in right way. I have a stat with ID=185 and I want to display it via StatBar (character have value of 247). How it is stated in ini:

Code: Select all

;------------------------------------------------

[StatBar]

; StatBar.ini
; Ini file for statbar mod - used by Statfix.dll
;
; BLUE		151
; YELLOW	168
; MAGENTA	155
; GREEN		132
; CYAN		162
;
; stat1 = statID,MaxStatID,loColor,normColor,hiColor,textIndex (in .tbl)
; stat2 ... more stats
; stat1=8,9,5,132,162,4164

stat1=185,'500',155,155,155,4164
And how it's display in game:
Screenshot101.jpg
Screenshot101.jpg (99.19 KiB) Viewed 11796 times
So seems like not stat displaying work right nor even tbl index. Can anyone help me with right usage? :)

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:59 pm

seems its defaulting to the first entry, are you sure the index exists in string.tbl? also don't use symbols in that '500' should be 500, or the same stat if the is no max stat
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

TrueMage
Hosted Forum Moderator
Principality
Russia

Post by TrueMage » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:25 pm

Necrolis" wrote:also don't use symbols in that '500' should be 500, or the same stat if the is no max stat
I see... then how we can set maximum value of stat which don't have max stat? If I use the same ID in both cases, I just get fulfilled indicator and it is surely right.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:05 pm

I have never used the plugin so i have no clue how to set a static maximum, but when i get home i'll check the source(and if need be, upload a 'improved' version, along with the completed but untested gamediff revision)

EDIT: seems it would need a recompile to work in a better way :|
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer

azianX

Post by azianX » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:18 am

I was wondering if there was ANY intention of a new version of this plugin to be released updated to work with 1.13? reason why is I can no longer use my disc to install D2, so I am stuck with the digital download, which is forced to version 1.13, and that is now where I mod :P

Drac0
Retired staff
Angel
Australia

Post by Drac0 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:05 pm

azianX" wrote:I was wondering if there was ANY intention of a new version of this plugin to be released updated to work with 1.13? reason why is I can no longer use my disc to install D2, so I am stuck with the digital download, which is forced to version 1.13, and that is now where I mod :P
I'm doubtfull there will be an update, but you never know. :)

If you really want to use D2Mod I suggest you get D2SE ModManager which allows you to run any version of LoD & most mods without touching your base install. It has the original dlls & the Patch_D2.mpq from all versions in its cores folder. Just copy them over to a mod folder as per the included instruction & mod away.

Cheers

Daimoth

Post by Daimoth » Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:39 am

Hey, first post. Is there any chance of contacting the op and getting the d2mod src? This mod system is still receiving attention from decent plug in authors, and I think we'd all like to see a 1.13 update someday.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:50 am

Daimoth" wrote:Hey, first post. Is there any chance of contacting the op and getting the d2mod src? This mod system is still receiving attention from decent plug in authors, and I think we'd all like to see a 1.13 update someday.
Hi,

SVR who made the d2mod isn't around anymore and even if he was he wouldn't hand it out just like that. D2mod
is a closed dev team, and you need to get invited to it to get part of it.

Daimoth

Post by Daimoth » Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:28 am

Why not let that his closed dev team take over development of the mod itself? Are there lawsuit concerns involved, or...? Given that he's lost interest in the project, I feel like I'm missing something here.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:47 pm

Daimoth" wrote:Why not let that his closed dev team take over development of the mod itself? Are there lawsuit concerns involved, or...? Given that he's lost interest in the project, I feel like I'm missing something here.
It's a decision made then it was created originally, so that wont change. The dev tool is too powerful to be let open, as you can use it for other then modding and that would go complete against for what keep stand for.

Now, there is another dev tool that is complete open and that's nefex that you can find in this forum too. it's for 1.11b (I think).

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:07 pm

It doesn't matter whether a platform is open or closed, whenever something like this comes along, there are just never enough people either developing plugins or testing them (these days at least, back when we had thousands of visitors a day it was a different story). this is why nefex didn't go anywhere (it actually runs across every D2 version), people just loose interest, and it becomes a waste of time for the developer (this is one of the reasons I stopped making plugins).

Daimoth

Post by Daimoth » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:46 am

kingpin" wrote:
Daimoth" wrote:Why not let that his closed dev team take over development of the mod itself? Are there lawsuit concerns involved, or...? Given that he's lost interest in the project, I feel like I'm missing something here.
It's a decision made then it was created originally, so that wont change. The dev tool is too powerful to be let open, as you can use it for other then modding and that would go complete against for what keep stand for.

Now, there is another dev tool that is complete open and that's nefex that you can find in this forum too. it's for 1.11b (I think).
Perhaps, but I wouldn't have a problem with the D2mod changing hands while remaining closed src.
Necrolis" wrote:It doesn't matter whether a platform is open or closed, whenever something like this comes along, there are just never enough people either developing plugins or testing them (these days at least, back when we had thousands of visitors a day it was a different story). this is why nefex didn't go anywhere (it actually runs across every D2 version), people just loose interest, and it becomes a waste of time for the developer (this is one of the reasons I stopped making plugins).
I think there will likely always be a core of people creating content for this game, if for no other reason than D3 isn't exactly universally revered by fans of the franchise, and has little potential for user created content that isn't blatantly against ToS or illegal. There will always be those who, if given the choice, would rather create new content than g-rush another Hammerdin.

JDS
Paladin

Post by JDS » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:57 pm

Daimoth" wrote:blatantly against ToS or illegal
Why? You mean because D3 requires a server to play?

In any case, read this: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=60876

danidani1

Post by danidani1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:02 am

Hi everyone!!!!

This is my first post....

I re-play DII since one year, with 1.13c patch and plugy 10.00 installed.
Also I use glide for graphic, but I searched for a resolution mod to play in 1024x700 or similar.

I know that multires doesn't work with 1.13 (I need it for playing without che cd, I bought the digital download).

I found d2ExpRes here, but if I understand, it needs d2mod installed before...

isn't it?

could I install d2mod AND d2ExpRes in my dII game with plugY and 1.13 patch?

someone can help me, step by step???? PLEASE!!!!

i reed the d2mod tutorial but doesn't work.

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:02 pm

D2mod is for 1.10 only. As far as I know, there is no resolution plugin for 1.13.

danidani1

Post by danidani1 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:31 pm

do you know why?

what's changed with 1.13? with 1.12 multires mod works!

Xaphan
Hosted Forum Moderator
Arch-Angel
France

Post by Xaphan » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:20 pm

Each versions of the game have completely differents DLL structures that make a plugin working for a specific version not working for an other one except if the autor adapted it, wich is not the case here.

Return to “PlugY|NefEx|D2Mod”