Median 2008 bugs and feedback thread

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: Median 2008 bugs and feedback thread

Post by pza » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:53 pm

yeah it is :P noone does this, so it's not abusable and therefore i don't see a need in fixing it :P

laz just has to remember this when making a new uberlevel with a new GOZU attack that has nhd. meaning bloodlust to be a UA for 4 frames.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:58 pm

It's not that. But minor things that make bug reports to pop up are not meant to be. Remember the Stampede bug that doesn't hit anything when it kills the act5 vulture? Bugs are bugs, they must be fixed.

It could be applied to make some crazy skills. Powerful attack that sets off massive NHD , 5 - 6 seconds. Or Bloodlust skill that protects against NHD attacks for 10 seconds.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:05 pm

oh, yeah i didn't think the other way round. and actually... i have to agree, bugs are there to be fixed.

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:48 pm

[quote=Doabli";p="367534"]Something stupid : Bloodlust has a NHD of 4 ... so spamming it with a high cast rate with protect Champs from NHD attacks like Cold Beam :) ... I know it's silly but ...[/quote]

I've already removed NextDelay from it anyway, because I spent a long time pondering the 'Stampede miss bug' and it was all due to the stupid vultures.

Ps. If you want to abbreviate it, it's ND, not NHD. 'Next Hit Delay' does not exist; there are two columns, NextHit and NextDelay.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:07 am

Alright :) Math bugs in my brain. N.D + N.H = N.(H+D) = NHD.

BTW, those monsters bugs are carried from old versions of Median till now. Have you never had a report on those?

And I just realized why Inner Fire got that Barbarian shout. It was M2k6's Barbaric heal clone. And you (on purpose or not) did not remove the shout .

Btw, in case you haven't seen it viewtopic.php?t=48327 . Chars have no blood.

And the knock attacker back aren't removed ?

Oh, I believe that the speed bonus of Cold Fear isn't working.
Last edited by Doabli on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Delreich
Paladin

Post by Delreich » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:50 am

Just in case it wasn't seen the other time I posted it (should've put it here right away anyways), Banded plates (sacred / teir 6) currently cannot drop, as they have a qlvl=91, putting them in armo93 which isn't in any used TC (afaict).
The base items page lists a few others as qlvl 91 as well, so I guess this has been fixed for those in some other update...

Also, mf for sets is currently capped at about 50-70% for the relevant pieces. Is this intentional?
For pony!
-----------------------------------------------------------
My legacy, death becomes me, I'll slaughter the world

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:33 pm

[quote=Doabli";p="367675"]Alright :) Math bugs in my brain. N.D + N.H = N.(H+D) = NHD.[/quote]

N(H+D) != NHD :P

[quote=Doabli";p="367675"]BTW, those monsters bugs are carried from old versions of Median till now. Have you never had a report on those?[/quote]

Vultures? Nope, no problems with them, other than people complaining that Stampede is bugged. Making me go on a goose chase for a few days and eventually ignore the 'bug' because I could not reproduce it.

[quote=Doabli";p="367675"]And I just realized why Inner Fire got that Barbarian shout. It was M2k6's Barbaric heal clone. And you (on purpose or not) did not remove the shout.[/quote]

On purpose, actually.

[quote=Doabli";p="367675"]Btw, in case you haven't seen it viewtopic.php?t=48327 . Chars have no blood.[/quote]

Great, more work. :(

[quote=Doabli";p="367675"]And the knock attacker back aren't removed ?[/quote]

Needed to consult with Joel first to find out what to do about it. Answer: nothing; modifier already removed.

[quote=Doabli";p="367675"]Oh, I believe that the speed bonus of Cold Fear isn't working.[/quote]

Great, more work. :(

[quote=Delreich";p="367749"]Just in case it wasn't seen the other time I posted it (should've put it here right away anyways), Banded plates (sacred / teir 6) currently cannot drop, as they have a qlvl=91, putting them in armo93 which isn't in any used TC (afaict).[/quote]

Fixed for all others except banded plate, which will be fixed in 1.57.

[quote=Delreich";p="367749"]Also, mf for sets is currently capped at about 50-70% for the relevant pieces. Is this intentional?[/quote]

In itemratio.txt? Ya.
Median XL released!

aerial
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by aerial » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:00 pm

SKALD runeword
skill Raven Heart lv3
cold dmg 43%, drains 100% life in 50s

It drains life only in the beginning, after time (dunno 20s?) and drinking potions it stops draining life, and cold dmg bonus lasts forever (same as blue aura).
So every char can put these gloves, cast raven heart, take it off, and use 43% cold buff till save&exit.
::::: my median videos :::::

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:04 pm

Brother Laz" wrote:Vultures? Nope, no problems with them, other than people complaining that Stampede is bugged. Making me go on a goose chase for a few days and eventually ignore the 'bug' because I could not reproduce it.
Nah, I mean all those monsters with healing ability that doesn't do anything ...
Brother Laz" wrote:Needed to consult with Joel first to find out what to do about it. Answer: nothing; modifier already removed.
Could make a nice disadvantage for overpowered items. 'Dazed when struck' .
Brother Laz" wrote:Great, more work.
Don't worry. Fans don't complain if they don't know something is wrong on purpose :twisted: . Like the attack rating bonus on missile skills back in cLOD , you can add a random description to Cold Fear like 'reduces monsters attack rating by xyz' and they wouldn't find out.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:49 pm

but that wouldn't be nice :( there is always someone here in the forum that can read the files and tell that x doesn't work. and then you can't say it was a on purpose to lead people into the underpowered skills. :P

i wouldn't like that.

[/align]

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:38 am

aerial";p="367796" wrote:It drains life only in the beginning, after time (dunno 20s?) and drinking potions it stops draining life, and cold dmg bonus lasts forever (same as blue aura).
That bug again?

Great, I'll have to remove this item because this doesn't seem so easy to fix.

Doabli";p="367798" wrote:Nah, I mean all those monsters with healing ability that doesn't do anything ...
<shrug> Blizzard's own funcs.
Doabli";p="367798" wrote:
Brother Laz" wrote:Great, more work.
Don't worry. Fans don't complain if they don't know something is wrong on purpose :twisted: . Like the attack rating bonus on missile skills back in cLOD , you can add a random description to Cold Fear like 'reduces monsters attack rating by xyz' and they wouldn't find out.
Took people ages to figure out that +% spell damage doesn't apply to elemental item damage on missiles. Looks like I could do without that waste of time known as 'testing', because no one notices anything. :P
Median XL released!

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:00 am

[quote=Brother Laz";p="367908"]

Took people ages to figure out that +% spell damage doesn't apply to elemental item damage on missiles. Looks like I could do without that waste of time known as 'testing', because no one notices anything. :P[/quote]

i noticed... i won't QQ about fixing this. actually it could be really imba. ranged chars are strong enough. lets buff the melees :P

[/align]

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:05 am

laz, you still didnt fix this.

Shrunken Heads
(Necromancer Only)

warlock, runeword.

you know how i am an obsessor with items.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:45 am

Today's laugh brought to you by:
At hellgatelondon.com, lmaoboat" wrote:I can't stand that mod, the skill system is like someone based skills around totally hideous icons (and not vice-versa) and randomly splattered them onto classes without any thought to balance, logic, or viability to the point where it really takes the fun out. It really is a shame, because it looks like it has nice features, but the skills just make in unplayable. I was horrified at what they did to the paladin, it was always my favorite, I'd rather have zeal then some lame aura that shoots lightning bolts. And the icons are like someone made paper mache out of stills from Uwe Boll movies and stabbed me in the eye with it. Eastern Sun is much better(and even that has a fair share of problems.)
Just so you know, I randomly scattered skills around without any throught to balance just because I had a nice icon for them. Also, the skills are illogical and not viable. Also, I eat kittens on stage.

That said (and now I'm getting to the point), if I ever have some free time after 1.57 again, I'll plunk the classic LoD skills back into the skills files, find a way to add about 100 states back into the game, and release a separate Median version with original skills.
Median XL released!

Delreich
Paladin

Post by Delreich » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:53 am

[quote=Brother Laz";p="368198"]Just so you know, I randomly scattered skills around without any throught to balance just because I had a nice icon for them. Also, the skills are illogical and not viable.[/quote]
Well, those we knew about already. However, I thought...
[quote=Brother Laz";p="368198"]Also, I eat kittens on stage.[/quote]
...was Smiling Hobo's gig?

I didn't laugh exactly, but giggled a little at least. But that's about as much as i ever do.
For pony!

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:13 am

like no one agreed to that, laz.

>.>

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:25 am

maby you should not make a different mod, instead make 1 skill per klass where you can put ALL your skillpoints in it...
so everyone can feel the good old cLoD feeling again
(hammadin, trapsin,... you know, the good old bnet builds... and maby if you have time, make some bugged items too, so we can make auradins which can do millions of damage per secounds...)

...-randomly splattered skills-...
:) , btw -randomly spaming bosses- ...coming in 1.57 or not?

vpsy7

Post by vpsy7 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:26 pm

I played version 1.45 a long time ago :P
The new version is way better :)
Anyway, i was doing Kurast 3000 BA as usual in Destruction, to get some sets items, and i there was a bug
I have an amazon and i had the hard mode charm on me,
I was doing Barrage and, well i died (i die a lot :P but i dont care im 120), but i was still alive and my corpse was under me and i couldnt move nor be killed...
Is this because of barrage or just some D2 plugin thingies

Delreich
Paladin

Post by Delreich » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:32 pm

It's because of the life per kill on the Legacy of Blood.
Put that thing in the stash once you've invested the extra skill points and you should be fine.
Already fixed for 1.57, I think.
For pony!

eric_draven16

Post by eric_draven16 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:04 am

Yes, it's me, that idiot again! I just had a couple stupid questions and a bad idea.

Stupid Q #1. Is it because of damage rollover that the display for sorc's cold blood damage appears so low in char window? The damage done seems appropriate, but I was just wondering if it should display as way less than damage than described in the skill tree, even at skill level 1.

Stupid Q #2. I tried adding some +%to posion spell damage to my barb to enhance his snake stance (not that it really needs to be) and it did nothing. I know it's not actually a spell but doesn't the skill description say it is affected weapon % damage modifiers?

Bad Idea - Fortress is cool on death spell for Duriel to have and while I must admit that the additional unique monster directly afterwards caught me by surprise the first couple times I played. But I was wondering if it would be possible to add a transition to have them spawn in the chamber after Duriel dies. I just thought it might be possible because of the on-death effect defilers and such gave monsters during act 5 in vanilla d2. However I'm sure the great Laz has already tried (or done) something similiar to this idea in the current Median (or a previous one) and has his reasons for not implementing it. Even if Duriel is kept as is, maybe it would be interesting for other areas that have specific uniques.Perhaps have they could have a random chance of spawning an uberunique, or a set chance to spawn a random unique monster.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:53 am

[quote=eric_draven16";p="368508"]But I was wondering if it would be possible to add a transition to have them spawn in the chamber after Duriel dies.[/quote]
after his chamer it is harder (fortress or monsters)
[quote=eric_draven16";p="368508"]Even if Duriel is kept as is, maybe it would be interesting for other areas that have specific uniques.[/quote]
Act2 palace entry for example.. :roll:
[quote=eric_draven16";p="368508"]Perhaps have they could have a random chance of spawning an uberunique, or a set chance to spawn a random unique monster.[/quote]
he is thinking about that (allready posted a similare idea :) )

Skivverus
Champion of the Light

Post by Skivverus » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:39 am

Re: Stupid questions -
#1. This is because the skill Cold Blood (and Death Metal) is based on actually spawns eight simultaneous copies of the base damage-dealing "missile", while the LCS only takes the damage for one of them.

#2. The skill description refers to those ratios you see on certain attacks such as Thunder Slam or Bear Claw: these will affect the poison. As for the 6% runes, those at present only work with melee attacks - though I'm not sure this will be changed (since getting it to work with ranged/missile attacks would cause them to affect melee attacks twice).

Bad Idea: Ever visited Rathma Square?

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:05 am

[quote=Skivverus";p="368517"]
Bad Idea: Ever visited Rathma Square?[/quote]
in rathma square crawlers REspawn.. i dont think that eric_draven16 meant that

eric_draven16

Post by eric_draven16 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:30 am

Thanks for the quick answers! Maybe it was just my mistake to assume the increased posion damage would show up under the snake stance skill tree description.
As for my idea, Imagine that perhaps while the fortresses ping arrows at you the crawlers spawn in the chamber itself, though that might just be a death sentance if you don't have godly recovery speeds. Rathma Square wasn't what I meant, to expand a bit more on it let's say you you're fighting your way into lower kurast against the unique ther, as you kill him and his minions skeletons spawn from each defeated corpse. If possible have them be a random skeleton type (i.e. burning dead, horror, skeleton) and a random skeleton class (i.e. archer, melee, mage). Could have the unique himself spawn a larger group with one unique skeleton, or perhaps just champions instead.
The crawlers are pretty much good where they're at, but if they were moved I'd love to see some bats over by tyrael and those fire towers!

eric_draven16

Post by eric_draven16 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:42 am

On a side note, fortress when combined with any damage adding stance effectively gives 6X said damage back even if it's cut in half. Creates way more damage than you could hope for even with any kind of melee attack. All in all it's great for farming and killing bosses. I just wanted to make it clear I understand why ranged attacks don't need that +% bonus added to them.
Last edited by eric_draven16 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mods By Laz”