Median 2008 bugs and feedback thread

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

Xeraan
Champion of the Light

Post by Xeraan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:55 am

Definitely procs the sentries... they are hard to spot themselves, but their attack looks like a white stream. Just make sure you don't kill all monsters in your vicinity yourself.

Arthriticus
Paladin

Re: Median 2008 bugs and feedback thread

Post by Arthriticus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:35 pm

Now I may be wrong about this but... Looking at the LCS while using Shadow Refuge, the poison damage bonus only appears to last the length of the attack rather than the length of the buff... the buff duration is around 8.6ish seconds for me but while I'm attacking my damage goes up for about 0.4 seconds or less which definitely not enough time to pop out a few Black Lotus Strikes (at least not strategically or not at all if not using a claw/bare fist)...

Is this the case, or is it just the LCS up to its tricks?

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:17 pm

Probably the LCS, because passive_pois_mastery is an aurastat, just like velocitypercent.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

ls426

Post by ls426 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:10 am

Unearthly power doesn't cast on other party members in town (you just ask them to trade).

Also, is curse length reduction working properly? On my sorc class charm it has 10% curse reduction. I'm using elementals, and when we all get cursed together the curse always ends at the same time. But with the curse length reduction, you would expect the curse on the main character to end before the curse on the elementals. But it doesn't. This seems strange.
Last edited by ls426 on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skivverus
Champion of the Light

Post by Skivverus » Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:05 pm

Feature from regular LoD. You can't cast anything directly on other party members while in town - just ask any would-be Enchantress.

Not as sure about the curse length reduction, but it might well be that your summons are inheriting the stat from you.

ls426

Post by ls426 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:48 am

Skivverus";p="362165" wrote:Not as sure about the curse length reduction, but it might well be that your summons are inheriting the stat from you.
I thought maybe that was what it was too, but I wouldn't expect it to work that way.

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:36 pm

I'm not really sure if the game ... secretly passes curse length reduction to the minions, but at least Laz doesn't ...

Laz : Act2 Holy merc's Retribute reduces the enemies' resistances by 10% , no increase with levels . Old Retribute did have some effects at level 1, but I don't really think this would ...
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

chittick

Post by chittick » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:56 pm

If I put another point in snake stance the min damage goes up but the max goes down...should this be happening?

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:14 am

Just some display problems I think (due to overflow of poison damage) . Sometimes it drops to a negative amount, but don't worry, it actually deals a lot of damage.

ls426

Post by ls426 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:17 am

Would it be possible to add a recipe that removes modifiers added with regular shards and resets the item back to its original level/modifiers?

Some other minor things:

the random extra modifier recipes have "return quiver" for the jewel recipe in the cube pdf
runeword nephilim is listed as 5% attack flees, but actually gives 3%

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:35 am

Is426" wrote:runeword nephilim is listed as 5% attack flees, but actually gives 3%
It's with the item stat generator used by Laz ... it forgets to divide things by 1.28 . It might take some time before he fixes all these bug.
Is426" wrote:Would it be possible to add a recipe that removes modifiers added with regular shards and resets the item back to its original level/modifiers?
I think it's possible but it'll take lots of copy & paste for him ...

HaveASmile
Champion of the Light

Post by HaveASmile » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:30 pm

I found that my Unholy Paladin isn't overpowered enough so I recently decided to make one of those crazy Scorpion Blade Assassins... My build is working nice for now, but I have a question: Is the flat poison damage from Way of the Spider carried over by the Scorpion Blade? It looks like the damage from Way of the Phoenix is (at least I do a lot more damage with my initial Scorpion Blade than before) but I want to be 100% sure.

nimrod
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by nimrod » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:43 pm

HaveASmile" wrote:I found that my Unholy Paladin isn't overpowered enough so I recently decided to make one of those crazy Scorpion Blade Assassins... My build is working nice for now, but I have a question: Is the flat poison damage from Way of the Spider carried over by the Scorpion Blade? It looks like the damage from Way of the Phoenix is (at least I do a lot more damage with my initial Scorpion Blade than before) but I want to be 100% sure.
There's a sticky about this. :mrgreen:
Anyway, if it's not clear enough, all weapon carrying skills carry the bonus poison damage.
Last edited by nimrod on Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one cure for poverty, and that is, the liberation of women. -Christopher Hitchens

HaveASmile
Champion of the Light

Post by HaveASmile » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:57 pm

[quote=nimrod";p="363525"]There's a sticky about this. :mrgreen:
Anyway, if it's not clear enough, all weapon carrying skills carry the bonus poison damage.[/quote]

I know, but it's not really a question about poison damage, but about how the skills work together... Anyway, thanks for the answer and I'll have a look in the sticky.

Edit: Ah, thanks a lot! So damage and duration of SB and WotS both stack. Nice.
Last edited by HaveASmile on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delreich
Paladin

Post by Delreich » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:34 pm

Is there something wrong with the VoJ ctc on Akarat's Trek? I've been using these for ages now, and haven't seen it trigger once.
I tried getting surrounded by skellies and kill rats in the moor, but still couldn't get it to trigger.

I've been having slightly odd experiences with stampede lately. I throw one at a crowd, it goes on for a while and then a bit further ahead from where it disappeared there are a bunch of lined up explosions, as if it hit a wall.
I tried catching this on screenshots, but it's a bit difficult to time, even more so as it's slightly unpredictable. I managed to get a "before" and "after" shot, but missed the one in between.
Before - Stampede, towards the end of it's range.
Missing image - The moment between, where there's no axes to be seen.
After - From out of nowhere, a bunch of explosions, as if a wave of axes hit a wall. No actual wall there though.
The already poisoned enemies in the "before" shot are still poisoned from the previous pass. I was running back and forth trying to get the screenshots.
I'm not sure if the hits that seems to be happening to the left are invisible axes or some ctc or other. Could be thunderhammers, from thundergod.

I guess this could be just simple desynch, but... in single player? :-|
For pony!
-----------------------------------------------------------
My legacy, death becomes me, I'll slaughter the world

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:30 am

Laz, can you remove NHD from Doom Serpents and reduce its damage?

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:35 pm

Malic's Messenger (Island of the Sunless Sea uberlevel) is not listed in the Monsters page of your website. :-|

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:19 pm

[quote=Doabli";p="363883"]Laz, can you remove NHD from Doom Serpents and reduce its damage?[/quote]

Uh... removing NHD would lead to per-frame damage, which would mean a major rebalance, and issues similar to LC. Yes, this is another of those early missiles-spawning-missiles-spawning-missiles type skills. :-|
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Delreich
Paladin

Post by Delreich » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:38 am

Another documentation error:
[quote=Delreich";p="364323"][quote=Luke_White";p="364234"][about Thunder Hammer] not everyone knows what this skill is so lets check the item only skills pdf. Throw a hammer that inflicts 1/2 weapon damage, stuns and knocks back the target.[/quote]
That's what it says, but what it should say is:
"Throw a hammer that inflicts 3/4 weapon damage and knocks back the target."
Note (improved) damage modifier and lack of stun.[/quote]

HP says the same thing. I didn't actually check the PDF, but I guess that's where Luke got it from.
For pony!
-----------------------------------------------------------
My legacy, death becomes me, I'll slaughter the world

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:50 pm

somthing's wrong in the pdfs: the druid set plated belt says 10-15 attacker flees after striking, but in reality i found it only with 6% and 8%.

... and some feedback:

the spearazone set is awesomely balanced :) not that strong that it would turn everything else worse, but very nice indeed. i thought i would have too low def, but 40k is alright.

though, my feedback on triumphant strike is that it's useless compared to the lvl 24 skill which is synergy... i forgot the name right now. it's really nice, but it's better for single targets than triumphant strike. the additional def is either not working or it's just useless in practice. (i know you can triple your def with ts)

another rather important thing: i have no clue why it is like it is, but: i've played now median for sooo long, and have played really alot, i have around 8 lvl 118-120 chars and i've always been looking for a single sacred crystal sword in any kind of quality. somehow i believe it's not possible to find one.
(IF anyone has one in this forum, i don't want to trade BUT i want you to remember if you've traded it or found it. and tell the truth!)
i don't know, maybe the chance to find sacred crystal swords is just way too low, compared to other items. i don't think it's possible that it was only bad luck. can't be.

ah one more thing (smaller thing, but exploitable^^): bloodspeakers mark's lords don't die when you die. hey keep on attacking the monsters, while the monsters stop attacking them. if you wait some time without pressing escape, the enemy will have 1 hp, and the next time when you enter the level, it becomes much easier to kill him.
Last edited by pza on Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:46 pm

pza" wrote:ah one more thing (smaller thing, but exploitable^^): bloodspeakers mark's lords don't die when you die. hey keep on attacking the monsters, while the monsters stop attacking them. if you wait some time without pressing escape, the enemy will have 1 hp, and the next time when you enter the level, it becomes much easier to kill him.
Enjoy it while you can because Laz will replace it in the next version. ;)

nimrod
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by nimrod » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:34 pm

[quote=pza";p="364831"]
though, my feedback on triumphant strike is that it's useless compared to the lvl 24 skill which is synergy...[/quote]
Use both.
The speed boost you get from lightswarm is like a buff. You can use T. strike once and then use Lightswarm 2-4 times with the extra defense (which is useful in uberquests) and the extra speed.
------------------------

Anyway, a minor typo report.
In the defenders and protector minions synergy it says:
great manifestations: adds 5/15 base damage.
But in the guardians it just says: adds base damage. Instead of saying: adds 10 base damage.

Also, I was wondering why you named "shower of rocks", "rain of bombs" and "meteor shower" like this. If you want consistency, you should of named meteor shower- shower of meteors... :P
There is only one cure for poverty, and that is, the liberation of women. -Christopher Hitchens

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:03 pm

[quote=nimrod";p="364959"]

Also, I was wondering why you named "shower of rocks", "rain of bombs" and "meteor shower" like this. If you want consistency, you should of named meteor shower- shower of meteors... :P[/quote]

lol i guess it would have become boring if he did xD

if constant, then really constant:

shower of titan strike
rain of black arrows
shower of summon acid fiends

lol :>

using both doesn't work if you use a hit and run tactic, which is really useful when playing a turbozon.
Last edited by pza on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

emuzon

Post by emuzon » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:54 pm

may i suggest to raise back the gambling percents to have uniqe item for some items that seems to not apear each gambling screen (not like amus and rings) back to 5% or even higher for some specific items - i mean i'm gambling alot and didn't see so much pala zaka for example not talking about getting uniqe zaka that way

nimrod
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by nimrod » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:27 pm

emuzon" wrote:may i suggest to raise back the gambling percents to have uniqe item for some items that seems to not apear each gambling screen (not like amus and rings) back to 5% or even higher for some specific items - i mean i'm gambling alot and didn't see so much pala zaka for example not talking about getting uniqe zaka that way
Afaik, all items should appear at the same rate in the gambling screen.

Return to “Mods By Laz”