Help my druid

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

Rainalkar

Help my druid

Post by Rainalkar » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:49 pm

I started playing Median a few days ago (just finished Act1 in slow steady pace), and wanted to make a Hermit using a guide here posted. Although the skill selection is described in detail, some other things are not (related or not):
- Say that I want to try (in the future ;)) to make 1000 attribute challenge (same build, untwinked). If clvl 120 is highest in the game, and you get 10 points per lvl, it equals 119 levelups, so 1190 points. AFAIRemember from D2, you get 15 more points from quests (has that changed?), so max is 1205. But, how realistic is clvl 120 in Median? In D2 v.11 getting chars to 99 is a massive pain; I presume diminishing exp returns exist here as well: if it does, what level is realistic to achieve? I am asking because I can't equip, well, anything, I am clvl18 and have only spent 2 points in Dex so far, my killing speed is nothing (I use Avatar and Flash, but it's still slow on Players1), I have some runes to Eth, not a single Unique. I found Priestess Merc to be the best by far, she kills like 5 times faster than me, but dies like nothing to champions and such, and reviving here is a pain because I have no money to gamble (throughout act1 I accumulated sufficient gold for 6 gambles (2 rares, 0 uniques), all rings and amulets.
- It would be really nice to point me to some guide, if it exists, on equipment choices for non-twinked hermits while leveling. If not, please suggest at least some mean of killing speed for clvl18, considering I can't equip almost any bow (in terms of attribute challenge).
- I read that there are some "strength/dex recipies" which help when you are for attribute challenge, but I can't find them in pdfs. I really hope the recipee isn't stacking potions of str/dex ;)
I read all the pdfs, and many guides here, but couldn't really help myself. Thanks for the replies.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Re: Help my druid

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:27 pm

Actually with the Death Projector around it's very easy to reach level 115. It can be a tad slow reaching level 120, but only a tad because of the level difference between you and the monsters mechanics are acting. Actually reaching the max level in this mod is anything, but hard.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:15 pm

i played median since 2k7 came out (pretty regurlarly) and i want to mention i have now ~10 level 120 chars. it's comparable to get to 85 or 88 in LoD.

edit: if you find a jewel, socket it into a grey one socketed item. it gives you 5 to all stats and some oder bonus (i believe -10 or -20% to reqs), very useful in early game. extragold is very useful too. i agree that the priestess is nice at killing, especially if you have some blockers to protect her (her AI seems to be better in median than in clod). you may try to level up in some easier areas(maybe with /players x turned on) if you find that the next area seems too difficult.

and, btw, those are nice questions, thanks for asking them :)
Last edited by pza on Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

ferinz

Post by ferinz » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:17 pm

for the str/dex it's under the affix bonus recipe which adds +5reqlvl to the item and bonuses like
Amethyst :
No scroll : +6 to Dexterity
Town portal scroll : +30 to Mana
Identify scroll : Slows Attacker by 2%
(adds +5 to level requirement)

Diamond :
No scroll : +6 to Strength
Town portal scroll : +30 to Life
Identify scroll : +5% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
(adds +5 to level requirement)
to armor (non unique uniques get the same but with lower bonuses) oh and you need to use regular shards along with the rest... so you have to gamble/find uniques and rares.

and yes death projector lets you jumps levels like crazy if you're high enough to get the exp from it. (i think i heard you have to be lvl 50 for the hatred one)
if you need gold get some stuff with +gold find and run the catacombs or cathedral for the chests, tombs and barrels collect the gold gamble repeat... slow but you can get some gear that way.

and pza why only in the grey ones? why not put the jewels in his rare/magic gear? (and you can only get up to -8% according to the site but i think i've seen 4%...)

you'll probably need more than just 2 points in dex, where have you put the other attributes so far?

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:26 pm

i think he means grey items that have only one socket in them, and if you put one jewel in it, itll create the secret jewelword.

Skivverus
Champion of the Light

Post by Skivverus » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:36 pm

Actually, that 'secret jewelword' works in more than just one-socket items.

ferinz

Post by ferinz » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:40 pm

oh... right, didn't think about that... :oops: (never tried it so wouldn't know)

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:44 pm

yeah but you cant find items with more than 1 socket in act 1 or similar low levels. at least i'm not very lucky here ;)

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

ferinz

Post by ferinz » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:03 pm

true... two socket boots are tier two... wait armors can't have 2 sockets? *rechecks item database...*

ok body armor, tiara, diadems and most of the class specific items (except sin stuff) can get 2 sockets i guess luck isn't on your side, or you aren't lookin for the right things with two sockets? anyways... hmm going nowhere with this so leaving it at that for now i guess.

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:30 pm

[quote=Rainalkar";p="366831"]- Say that I want to try (in the future ;)) to make 1000 attribute challenge (same build, untwinked). If clvl 120 is highest in the game, and you get 10 points per lvl, it equals 119 levelups, so 1190 points. AFAIRemember from D2, you get 15 more points from quests (has that changed?), so max is 1205. But, how realistic is clvl 120 in Median? In D2 v.11 getting chars to 99 is a massive pain; I presume diminishing exp returns exist here as well: if it does, what level is realistic to achieve? I am asking because I can't equip, well, anything, I am clvl18 and have only spent 2 points in Dex so far, my killing speed is nothing (I use Avatar and Flash, but it's still slow on Players1),...[/quote]

120 is easy to get. If you are determined to do the 1k AC (I reccommend that you don't if this is you 1st character) then go ahead and start spending some of those 205 points. Also use a crossbow that way you can ignore dex and just pump strength.

[quote=Rainalkar";p="366831"]- It would be really nice to point me to some guide, if it exists, on equipment choices for non-twinked hermits while leveling. If not, please suggest at least some mean of killing speed for clvl18, considering I can't equip almost any bow (in terms of attribute challenge). [/quote]

CROSSBOW!
-8% reqs jewels (if you don't have any do some reruns in Act II until you get some)
Tal runes give +5 all attributes
Eld rune give +4% all attributes
PDiamonds give 8% str bonus, PAmethyst give 8% Dex
The recipies ferinz listed
Many Many Many items give +attributes and +%attributes look for these

Just as a note if you are doing the 1k AC untwinked your killspeed is not going to be good. If fact it will likely be bad. If you really really want to do the 1k AC with your 1st character then make an Unholy paladin or a barb. There is a reason that Laz says the challenge isn't for beginners, it really really really helps to have some items you know you can use, especially a stockpile of runes and gems to boost stats.

Rainalkar

Post by Rainalkar » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:52 am

Really great advices, thanks people. Just to answer to one question, so far I spent only 2 points, in dex, rest still stands. I even thought at a time that I shouldn't have done that either ;) If I think of something else I'll let you know.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:08 pm

actually in median you don't need to be that perfectionist than in CLoD. you have enough points to spend in whatever you want and later, 2 points will be nearly nothing. that is because the stts in median are well balanced. even energy has now a use, at least for caster chars (damage increase, more mana...). so don't think you have to restart because you have spend 2 points into dex.

[/align]

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:19 pm

You get 1205 stat points total if you do the Lam's Tmob quest in all difficulties. So even if you want to do the 1k AC you can spent 205 points.

Rainalkar

Post by Rainalkar » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:33 pm

Just an update, I finished Tran Athulua with a new char, Charm Druid and got all three charms which I'll use on my Summoner Druid. It wasn't that hard, but it did took me about 4h.
I first went for the Thunder Priestess, and she was a breeze, I read in some guide that you should stunlock the bosses with Blindslide but that is not possible. I placed only one point in Flash, but three in Elemental which stunlock her. My bow was a lucky gamble Kashya's. After that, it was easier having the charm, the Fire Priestess was a pain because I couldn't stunlock her so I died 2 or 3 times before finishing her. The Ice Priestess was the same as Thunder. On with my Summoner :)

Rainalkar

Post by Rainalkar » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:27 pm

I am lvl 51 now and I wanted to try to get my class charm (because I have to kill the Butcher by 60). I'm having lots of problems. The totems are a joke, but the Necromancer is sick, spams skeletons too fast, and my damage is nothing. I'm still using Kashya's ;) I maxed, as much as possible, KI, PF, AF and Gamma. I know that Shockwave bow would be good, but I can't get a 4socket drop bow. I guess I'll use the quest here. Where do you recommend I place the runeword, considering 1000 challenge? Or do you recommend something else? I looked into the uniques, and didn't find anything spectacular.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:33 pm

Since you use a bow why don't you try Nova Shot? That dumb necro spams the skele summons right on top of you. Just simply approach and then when a few skeles have built up near you from the necro just go BLAM with nova shot to kill all the skeles near you. And once you get point blank with the necro just start spamming the nova shot non-stop and nothing will stay close to you except for the necro.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:49 am

Just wondering, why did you put points into KI, so far before LotP? If you don't have Charm (sounds like you don't, otherwise K3KBA would have been easy), KI is useless without LotP or the bear.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Stubbs

Post by Stubbs » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:09 am

I find Slow and HCMTF is my saving grace for getting my class charm the first time with my bow druid.

The unique chain gloves, and Nef Runes in my bow was the only way I could pull it off. Try that with some charming, and see how that results for ya.

Rainalkar

Post by Rainalkar » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:51 am

I have Mark of the Wild, so I have Charm as well, I tried with that too, and it works fine, at least until the Necro.
I have the unique chain gloves, my problem is that I can't spam nova shot.
How about does sockets, when can I expect a 4s bow?
I placed points in KI just to spend them... No real reason, I'm going to pump LotP and KI from 90, so it doesn't make too much difference.
I will try Charming them a lot more and see how it works.
Or gamble for the giant sword with Poison duration and try to Gamma kill him lol

Moja
Paladin

Post by Moja » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:57 pm

I recommend spending 190 stat points before level 100 (put them all into vit if you're a perfectionist... since you would put some there anyway). This is because, if you get more than 1023 stat points, and save and exit, you lose those extra unspent points... I tend to be a perfectionist as well (even though Median doesn't require it), and more than once I've messed up characters by failing to add those points and then losing them...

An alternative to shockwave is Bear runeword: el ko thul. 3 sockets. nice damage (use the +15% ed cube recipe = weapon + normal shards), bloodlust, and *knockback*! No slow, but better damage than shockwave, and less sockets.

If you have extra pgems you can use those to reroll the runeword (unsocket with 3 pgems and 3 tps in cube, then resocket), for better ed.

Btw for attribute perfectionists, especially untwinked hermit bow druids trying the 1K AC (not rly recommended... but can be done) I suggest dedicating 1-3 item slots to +stats, specifically +dex for sacred bows. I suggest belt, boots, and gloves, in that order of preference. Assuming the base item is req lvl 20 and not unique or set (use cheap runewords..), you can get +120 dex for each one... Mix and match with strength as needed...

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:26 am

more than once I've messed up characters by failing to add those points and then losing them...
In 1.57beta you can use a recipe to get free attribute points! Characters saved! :)

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:19 am

DemonicAngel";p="369748" wrote:
more than once I've messed up characters by failing to add those points and then losing them...
In 1.57beta you can use a recipe to get free attribute points! Characters saved! :)
yea! so i havnt to make a new mEa to use a sacred amor ;)

but otherwise... if you skilled a few points into a useless skill (like thunderslam in another thread -.-) the character is weak, because he could may have 2 or 3 skills more in "important" skills.. every REAL player knows, that only skillpoints equipt and stats are important in median... lol

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:51 pm

semi-saved. theres a limit on those books.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:24 pm

xMeox";p="369792" wrote:
yea! so i havnt to make a new mEa to use a sacred amor ;)

but otherwise... if you skilled a few points into a useless skill (like thunderslam in another thread -.-) the character is weak, because he could may have 2 or 3 skills more in "important" skills.. every REAL player knows, that only skillpoints equipt and stats are important in median... lol
There's a recipe for free skill points too.... So even if you put a few points into a skill you shouldn't have, you can use your free skill points to put them where they should've gone. :D

Moja
Paladin

Post by Moja » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:26 pm

By "messed up" I don't mean "made useless." I mean "made imperfect". :) I would rather have 200 unused stat points that I never spent than 5 stat points that vanished and could not be used... It's just a psychological thing with me --> perfectionist >_<

Return to “Mods By Laz”