questions - build assassin

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

baldor

questions - build assassin

Post by baldor » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:16 pm

i have see the build of the assassin of cryomatix, and i have some questions. sorry by the errors, but i don't speak good english.

- how kill the immunes to fire??

- i'm build a flower assassin, is this a good character for the ubers??

- is good, if i select way of the spider and black lotus strike for immunes?

my assassin have points in way of the spider, black lotus strike, shadow refuge, death blossom, way of the phoenix, premeditation, perfect being and the runes, is this a good build??, i have 75 blocking and i am in lv 65 and i can play in players 8 in terror, and another question, is this a good character for duels??? thanks

baldor

Post by baldor » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:19 pm

i have a point in hades gate and blink, another question.

what is the best uberskill for this build???

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: questions - build assassin

Post by oneillz808 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:30 am

[quote=baldor";p="369485"]i have see the build of the assassin of cryomatix, and i have some questions. sorry by the errors, but i don't speak good english.[/quote]

that build is outdated, he doesnt even exist anymore. its ok.

[quote=baldor";p="369485"]- how kill the immunes to fire??[/quote]
dont use attacks that are fire-based.

[quote=baldor";p="369485"]- i'm build a flower assassin, is this a good character for the ubers??[/quote]
no, only the guy chars are.

[quote=baldor";p="369485"]- is good, if i select way of the spider and black lotus strike for immunes?[/quote]
definitely.

[quote=baldor";p="369485"]my assassin have points in way of the spider, black lotus strike, shadow refuge, death blossom, way of the phoenix, premeditation, perfect being and the runes, is this a good build??[/quote]
yes, only ONE point into the runes.

[quote=baldor";p="369485"], i have 75 blocking and i am in lv 65 and i can play in players 8 in terror, and another question, is this a good character for duels??? thanks[/quote]

yes, max out starburst. no one has magic resist.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:38 am

I knew there was a reason I have oneillz on ignore. But I always look anyway, and more than half the time I regret it.

oneillz808 is kidding. Don't listen. You can still make the build work.
I think you either need to put points in Black Lotus Strike and Way of the Spider, and then take Way of the Gryphon as your uberskill (solving your immunes problem) or go the other route and get some physical skills to take down immunes.

Skivverus
Champion of the Light

Post by Skivverus » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:24 am

Problem with Way of the Gryphon as an uberskill is that right now at least it doesn't work so well with the elemental melee skills. I'd recommend Seismic Field instead: it doesn't care what your weapon damage is, or how many physical strikes you can make per second. It just kills things.

I do agree with DemonicAngel on investing in Black Lotus Strike and Way of the Spider, though.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:46 pm

Way of the Gryphon is useful if you have some area effect melee skills - but people are sheep, follow guides to the letter (including items: just ask oneillz808, according to him there are only two useful armors in the game), and therefore completely skip the area effect melee skills because no one told them they were allowed to put points into them.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:23 am

not useful, just THE BEST since it makes it onto the forum and everyone talks about it. armors that dont make it here onto the forum and that no one talks about it is useless.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:50 am

You got a bad mentality Oneillz... Just because it isn't at the very top of good stuff doesn't mean its useless junk. Even though you praise the pre 1.56 robe of steel so much Scales of the Serpent is comparable to it yet hardly anyone gives it the light of day. For that matter the non-sacred unique breast plate is also quite nice in it's own right. Just because it's the 4th best doesn't mean that it's useless... it means that its in the very least decent.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:55 am

light's widow. i use that for its vanquishing proc.

no praises the scales of the serpent because its a sacred unique and no one can find it.

so they go with the alternative and easier find.
robe of steel.

then, when that was nerfed, people started to look for other sources of gozu items. good god, they looked in the runewords section. atlantis.

then came the topic of buyable runes. everyone was against it.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:11 am

Laz should have made Robe of Steel a Sacred. :-|
Then nobody could have found it, and it wouldn't be the only item people talk about.

Then again, if it wasn't Robe of Steel, it'd just be something else. :(

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:15 am

he should have.

yeah, it would just be something else. like the rest of the four hundred other items people dont talk about.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:29 am

You mean, you don't talk about.

As for myself, I don't talk about any items. I'm gonna use what I find and what works, even if it's not the best. I prefer to let other people do the same.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 am

victory and emperor. but no one uses that because it interrupts your attacks too often.

you prefer that. i prefer this.

rickcarson
Paladin

Post by rickcarson » Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:56 am

[quote=Brother Laz";p="369705"]but people are sheep, follow guides to the letter
[/quote]

That is not true. I've only seen one or two people come in and say "hi! I'm a noob and I love cookie cutter builds, which ones should I do?".

Normally I don't respect that, but hey, they were honest about who they are, and what they're looking to get out of the game, so more power to them.

[quote=Brother Laz";p="369705"]
(including items: just ask oneillz808, according to him there are only two useful armors in the game),
[/quote]

Oh please. Who's sig is it that says "Don't QQ, big boys don't cry?". Biggest case of boy crying wolf ever.

For starters, half the time oneillz is taking the {filtered}. See above. Maybe your senseofhumour.txt needs a transplant dude.

Then the truth is that this is what happens:

Noob A: Hi! I'm a noob. I'm at level 110+ with cookie cutter build X, but I'm still using my starting gear, with no stats spent, and, for some unfathomable reason, the game is getting a little bit difficult. What one piece of gear should I go out and get?
Oneillz808: Go and get Y.
Noob A: Thanks! That was exactly what I wanted to know.
Laz: QQ :cry: QQ :cry: QQ :cry: QQ :cry: WAAHH!!! You don't love me anymore? Why??? Why do you hate me??? Why do you torment me so? QQ :cry: QQ :cry: QQ :cry: QQ :cry:

I've seen the same thing, but for skills. Perish the thought that somebody should actually put points into skills R and S, because you will take it as a personal insult that they didn't spend points on skills T through Z (never mind that that isn't even possible).

I had to laugh the other day when Laz told someone that they'd effed their build up because there is only one Sorc uber skill that is possible to do the Level Challenge 2 with. I was like... WTF? Isn't this exactly what he complains about other people doing, all the time?

[quote=Brother Laz";p="369705"] and therefore completely skip the area effect melee skills because no one told them they were allowed to put points into them.[/quote]

If someone comes in and asks for something very specific, and other people give it to them, why complain?

Some people want to be sheep, but not everybody is a sheep, and sheep need a little loving too sometimes. See also: Australia.

rickcarson
Paladin

Post by rickcarson » Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:01 am

[quote=Brother Laz";p="369705"] and therefore completely skip the area effect melee skills because no one told them they were allowed to put points into them.[/quote]

Looks like I owe Laz an apology. I've reread the above, and suddenly realised that he is telling this young Assassin player to go out and get oskill Retaliate.

Well, that _is_ pretty much the conclusion of the 'best melee build' thread, that it doesn't matter what build you've got, you must have Retaliate oskill otherwise your build is no good.

Well played Laz, you sucked me right in and then threw the old switch-erooni at the end there.

//golfclap

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:23 am

Lmfao on those two whole posts.

Thing is, Laz is being sarcastic most of the time when he says it.
Some people, oneillz worst of all, aren't. :(
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:29 am

obviously im not a sarcastic person... demy knows me the best.

all of what i say is true baldor; follow it.

cryomatrix is gone and out of this forum. he doesnt exist anymore and he vanished into thin air.

the best uberskill for this build is blade barrier.

heres the gear that you need for this build, because you simply cant succeed with out.

get atlantis for your armor
for your weapon, get the atom splitter and mageslayers oath for your shield
for your helmet, get tennosuuhai
for boots, toesie warmers
for gloves, boneclasp
for belt, ley
for rings, empyrean bands

and for your amulet talk to anya when you rescue her - automatic four to skills.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:06 am

I find Oneillz equipment suggestions slightly off.

Robe of Steel will offer you better black lotus strike and death blossom damage due to spell damage (and you get 6 sockets to fill to boot). Since assassins don't rely on defense rating much you won't be losing out a lot on the less defense rating. Scales of the Serpent is even better, but it's a sacred unique (besides... 3 thai+ runes will be hard to come by in itself for Atlantis).

I have no idea for alternative suggestions for weapon (since I don't eye claws much) and the oath is definately good for the avoid.

As for boots... the toesie warmer is only good if you have a lot of base vita for life boost wise. Since you need to devote strength and dexterity to equips in hefty amounts however high base vita will be difficult to pull off probably . Vizjun's Progress (set chain boots) and Nephilium runeword (sadly the biggest boot runeword however) offer plus skills and otherwise boost your damage more. Toesie Warers may be decent, but it's CTC fire fountain on killing drove me away from them, because whenever I killed anything really fast with physical or poison damage the resulting fire fountain spam lagged me up bad.

As for the unique heavy gloves Hammerfist or the unique light gauntlets are a MUCH better choice than Boneclasp. Death blossom and Black Lotus strike are AOE spell damage (NOT AOE physical damage). Bone Clasp is only any good for a physical attack oriented build which is not your build. Hammerfist when you kill stuff with poison will hit enemies with a curse that will outright cut enemy max health by nearly half (which means your killing speed doubles). The unique light gauntlets have a fair amount of spell damage to boost your poison and fire damage. There's also Augur and Cali runewords with +skills to boost all your skills.

As for Oneillz belt suggestion is fairly on the money in one aspect +skills wise. An easier to obtain suggestion though would be the unique sash Tor Noraj's Wisdom I believe it's name is. It has +%fire damage to boost death blossom.

I'm currently unfamiliar with the new rings so I can't really make a suggestion for them yet. However it will be hard to go wrong with +1 all skill rare rings that are upgraded appropriately with horadric cube recipes. A +1 all skill ring has a level req of 36. This gives 80 levels to add on with horadric cube recipes or 16 of the +5 level requirement cube recipes that add on a modifier. You could give a +1 skills ring +32% vitality which would blow the life boost on Toesie Warmer out of the water since it will give you more life on the +vitality you get from equipment while the +%max life on toesie warmer doesn't. It will be best to check out the horadric cube PDF just to see all the different ways you could boost your +1 all skill rare rings at the cost of level requirement increased by 5 per application.
Last edited by Baerk Konnevala on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:13 am

nah, he really needs atlantis. it has resists. robe of steel doesnt have that anymore.

he needs a weapon. no one plays weaponless melee assassins.
empyrean bands give life.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:23 am

That reminds me... The unique light gauntlets have resist all. Also Ironhood unique full helm gives more damage than the unique diadem (but the unique diadem is really rare).

Besides... I just stated +%vitality as superior to %max life. Your precious empyrean band doesn't have much on a +1 all skills/10% spell damage/+32% vitality rare ring in my eyes even if it was given an extra +20% vitality via extra modifier recipes. Simply because the rare ring gives more to death blossom and black lotus strike killing power while giving just as much life.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:28 am

its funny how someone starts to give out other equipment choices than me. i bet everyone will start to follow that person now for the new trendy item.

atlantis; out. robe of steel; its back in. again, funny how no one else besides you baerk, steps in to name an alternative armor. and please, dont even post about another alternative armor because we all will follow robe of steel or atlantis anyway.

same with the other gear. now, no one will use empyrean bands because the rare ring is in fact, definitely better.

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:07 pm

You only give small list Oneillz. Problem there is not only one good item for a build. There's equips ranging from conveniant to hard to obtain and from decent to rare.

I would rather shoot for an Ironhood first before going after the unique diadem for a spell damage build, because quite frankly I've seen how bloody rare the diadem base item is. Also there are runewords with heavy resists too. You should really give probably 2 items for each slot on your list for it to be a good list. A awesome piece that's not so easy to obtain in all likelihood. And a decent, but easily available piece. I suggest Robe of Steel even with it's resists gone simply because it has awesome all around spell damage boosting capabilities greater than that of Atlantis. What I'm doing is shutting down your mentality to the newbs that there is only one good item for a given equipment slot.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:10 pm

im flattered that youre concerned for me baerk; truly.
but you better join the rest of the mods by laz forum members if you dont want to get the mob mentality on you.

but these 'newbs' want an answer so ill give it to them. when they get more experienced, theyll realize the other options that they could have had.

but when youre a newb, you dont want options as it could overwhelm the experience that you could get when you play in the first place; you would want good solid answers. not multiple choices.
Last edited by oneillz808 on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:49 pm

link to a assassin guide (uses all 3 ways --> equipt for eledamage): klick here
its a throwsin, i dont know what guide cryomatix wrote, so if it is another one, you will need another weapon offcourse
in this guide i added some uniques and rws (orderd from cheap to expensive)
maby this will help you..

if this is to less for you.. you may use the PDFs :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

enkephalin07
Champion of the Light

Post by enkephalin07 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:29 pm

[quote=Brother Laz";p="369705"]just ask oneillz808, according to him[/quote]Him? I assumed oneillz808 was female. I have trouble imagining a male who'd pick an avatar with a smile so irritating it makes me reach for my flogger.

But her/his endorsement of equipment does nothing to disparage build-specific equipment. It just so happens that you've designed some gear that's pretty powerful for generic purposes, and you've designed some other gear that people won't figure out the power of if they don't experiment.

I know that people are sheep. You know that people are sheep. What's the point of complaining about it?
EAKS players often live by the phrase 'The journey is often more enjoyable than the destination.' They are motivated by meeting the challenges of the world, but they are usually in no rush--because seeing the creatures and places of the world is even more fun.

Breakdown: Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 40.00%, Socializer 26.67%

Return to “Mods By Laz”