Question about my paladin.

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

MinionOfBoredom

Re: Question about my paladin.

Post by MinionOfBoredom » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:41 am

This may be a bad time to intervene with a question.

But I have one, regardless, for oneillz:

When you say "no crafted", does that apply to even the Attribute Challenge crafted?

In theory, can't a great crafted weapon be superior to a unique or runeword, plus the added bonus of free sockets?

/just a thought.

Thanks from a seminewb to Median.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:43 am

In theory, can't a great crafted weapon be superior to a unique or runeword, plus the added bonus of free sockets?
In theory, yes. But as uniques (which also have max free sockets) and runewords are guaranteed while crafting has an element of luck involved... I'd say that's why oneillz does not like crafting. Just a guess. :P

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Question about my paladin.

Post by oneillz808 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:59 am

MinionOfBoredom";p="369980" wrote:This may be a bad time to intervene with a question.

But I have one, regardless, for oneillz:

When you say "no crafted", does that apply to even the Attribute Challenge crafted?

/just a thought.

Thanks from a seminewb to Median.
when i say crafted, i mean no items that are the color of orange. crafted gear to make items however, you can use.

yes, a great crafted weapon can in fact be superior to a unique or runeword.

a great crafted weapons is better than a runeword because -
a - you have the mods that you want. and runewords are already filled up with the runes.
b - because of that, you can put jewels in there or runes.

a great crafted weapon is better than a unique because -
a - you have the mods you want.

but this is a rare case. youll only get a great crafted weapon if youre lucky or very, very determined.

---

i dont use crafted items because i just dont understand it at all :P
i prefer to use uniques/runewords/sets/ and some rares instead. its just too unreliable to depend on getting an excellent craft.
DemonicAngel";p="369981" wrote:
In theory, yes. But as uniques (which also have max free sockets) and runewords are guaranteed while crafting has an element of luck involved... I'd say that's why oneillz does not like crafting. Just a guess. :P
youre right! :D
just too unreliable for me. but if i do happen to get that craft, ill definitely use it.

usually, i want uniques as most as possible, because they are easy to unsocket and they dont require perfect gems unlike runewords.

then again, i just cannot live without some runewords... victory, emperor!
Last edited by oneillz808 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

MinionOfBoredom

Post by MinionOfBoredom » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:11 am

oneillz808" wrote:youll only get a great crafted weapon if youre lucky or very, very determined.
Yep, that's me. ;)

I'd spend a countless amount of time finding crafting materials to get that godleh weapon; that's what makes the game more fun and interesting to me.

Personally, I enjoy that element of randomness...it puts some fun into this rather bland world.
oneillz808" wrote:then again, i just cannot live without some runewords... victory, emperor!
I can't see myself using anything but "Ahriman" on my Bowazon. =D
Last edited by MinionOfBoredom on Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:14 am

ahriman... 25 percent chance to cast bloodstar on attack

this doesnt work with ranged attacks, just letting you know.

i use shockwave for knockback and one hundred percent chance to cast punisher on kill, and for my helm i had this runeword; i forget the name but it had fifty percent chance to cast fire star on attack.

i was wondering where the fire star and... yeah... on attack is strictly for melee, a way of balance i guess :D

and quite frankly, i envy you for your patience, i just cannot deal with that!

MinionOfBoredom

Post by MinionOfBoredom » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:29 am

My patience is what allowed me to farm Tran Athulua at level 10, 15, and 20 with my bowazon, first semitwinked (and then untwinked) until I got perfect -10 resist Sunstones from each Priestess.

Obsessive much? You be the judge of that. All I know is that the Sunstones look damn sexy in the inventory, especially with the knowledge that I obtained them completely legitimately. ^^

As for Ahriman...well, for the armor to which it applies, I really can't envision myself using anything else in its place.

I mean, really...big FRW, IAS, a nice chunk of damage, and hell, magic find...the lack of %CtC on Attack due to range really becomes a negligible point.

At the moment, I use Corsair for the guided chain and the fact that I could stick 5x -8% Requirement jewels in there (also going for the 1k attribute challenge) while retaining a rather low level requirement of a T6 Stag Bow.

I should try out Shockwave one day...once I get the right jewels. (On that note, can Jewelwords be made from Rare Jewels?)

But...I utterly divulge from the original topic of this thread.

I'll stop hijacking it now.

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by oneillz808 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:33 am

actually, corsair is good, fun and nice as well, as it can hold more jewels.

jewelwords can be made from magic, rare, and unique.

so, if you happen to find a cornerstone of the world jewel...

one with cascade
one with spore shot
one with nova shot
one with blindside...

you can socket those into your jewelwords. i would recommend the cascade and nova shot.

cascade - for its true sniping ability and incredible range
nova shot - for its magic damage. i dont think the amazon has any of that anymore [as far as bow skills go.]

by the way, congrats on getting those perfect sunstones!

Return to “Mods By Laz”