In game problem

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

odin9001

In game problem

Post by odin9001 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:00 pm

Hey everyone. I'm new around here. I've had the mod for a while, but didn't start playing till about 3 days ago. Had to get over my addiction to anther game.

Ok well IDK if this has been mentioned I searched for it on the forums for about 10 mins and couldn't find it, but I found an error with the Candlewake armor. I found the armor in act 2 when my merc wasn't doing much of anything since my characters is a throwing barb (first real character after 3 to go get 2 of the 3 Tran Athula charms and one of them was a mess up and forgot to cube the charm -> to all you who said it's hard you may want to check the definition of hard) and I was killing things before the merc could, but in act 3 he has actually been killing things and when he does the game crashes. I thought the mod or my files screwed up so I deleted them and reinstalled, but it kept happening. I watched after 20 crashes and the same thing occurred right at the crash, a shadow was there with his aura on me and the merc. I had a friend test it on his computer as well and it happened to him as also.

Just putting that out there and wondering if it has even been noticed. The armor sucks all things considered, but it was best I had at the time for him and haven't even looked at his armor till well... just now.

HaveASmile
Champion of the Light

Re: In game problem

Post by HaveASmile » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:05 pm

Do not give items with "x% chance to cast [Summoning skill] on xxxx" to your merc. Everytime when the spell triggers, your game will crash. Items with this mod got changed in the 1.57 beta, though.

And another thing: You shouldn't use this item yourself, either, because everytime the summon triggers it will disappear (Though it may stay for ~5 seconds).
Last edited by HaveASmile on Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 am

Items with this mod got changed in the 1.57 beta, though.
I'm not sure if all of them got changed. Laz said the modifier was replaced with oskills "where possible." :-|

xMeox
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by xMeox » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:20 am

i havnt looked in pdfs so i cant say if for shure but i think that he changed into an oSKill for summoning if possible, and if not possible removed it.. (would make more sense than let the old bug where much people complained about in the game)

pacmania90

Post by pacmania90 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:21 pm

If we're on the subject of summons, how exactly does 'manta' runeword's %chance to reanimate as evil spirit work exactly?

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:50 pm

It creates monsters similar to charmed ones.
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:17 pm

it creates not charmed monsters (those would uconvert after a time, but they don't) but (arealevel based?) minions that don't display at the topper left (afaik). they should be buffable with minion modifiers stuff.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Doabli
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Doabli » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:30 pm

By 'charmed monsters' I mean:
-Not buffable by minion modifiers stuff.
-Probably not follow you (don't kill me for this, I haven't touched those in a while)
-No icons
Stay away from ballet dancers with an attitude .

Return to “Mods By Laz”