Amazon observations.

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

Zeren
Paladin

Amazon observations.

Post by Zeren » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:08 pm

Haven't really used Terminate yet, and being too low, can't really share an opinion on it.

But, here's why I have created the thread.

Non important, Death coil's sound effect kinda bugs me, the act 5 "help us" barbarian sound effect. Maybe changing it or getting rid of the sound effect?

Now, something more worthy of debating, Thriumph Strike.

Yes it's handy, boosts damage, defence and attack speed via lightswarm synergie.
BUT, apart from being a less then usefull skill until you can fully cast lightswarm on your own, what's it for..?

I suggest giving it either a hard skill point synergie to immitate zeal, could become handy for nice close combat damage.
OR
Get rid of the attack speed synergie, change that to TS itself via hardskill points and add a duration synergie via lightswarm, for exemple. Then again, I do not know if on high lvls, TS gets a decent duration, but 0.6 second is enough to keep the buffs for an attack, but it gets boring to poke around enemies with it or using LS for map covering.

In conclusion, that wouldn't change enough TS to become overpowered, but enough to get a strong melee attack seconding lightswarm. That would also give it more use and a bit more strenght to the melee amazon.

So, anything worth doing?

oneillz808
Forum Regular
Angel

Re: Amazon observations.

Post by oneillz808 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:12 pm

[quote=Zeren";p="369882"]
Non important, Death coil's sound effect kinda bugs me, the act 5 "help us" barbarian sound effect. Maybe changing it or getting rid of the sound effect?[/quote]

before this patch, the sorceresses inner fire casted the barbarian sound. no one complained about that except me.

laz changed it in the beta and now he is going to remove it.

he should remove every sound effect that has character voices, because obviously it doesnt match. [hint; barbarian sound when casting inner fire, a natively learned sorceress skill.]

irony from the other players. hmm.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:16 pm

i like the idea. i've noticed the same thing. i also believe though, that lightswarm could get overpowered with an increased buff duration, e.g.. though at least one would start using TS at all.

btw, i got used to the "help us" cry.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Zeren
Paladin

Post by Zeren » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:24 pm

Ohh not duration buff to Lightswarm, I meant Thriumph Strike, so it lasts longer, lightswarm looks well balanced as it is.

nimrod
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by nimrod » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:49 pm

[quote=Zeren";p="369882"]Haven't really used Terminate yet, and being too low, can't really share an opinion on it.
[/quote]
I can, and you do want at least 10 points into it to break immunities.

Yes it's handy, boosts damage, defence and attack speed via lightswarm synergie.
BUT, apart from being a less then usefull skill until you can fully cast lightswarm on your own, what's it for..?
[/quote]
Well, first of all, a correction. It does not boost your damage, it has a damage boost.

Now as for the use of this skill, there are two:
1. boosting defense might not sound impressive, but when you go from 30 to 5% chance to get hit, it really is a noticeable difference. The speed boost is also nice of course.
2. Bosses. Lightswarm has ND, so using it multiple times vs a single enemy is useless. What I do against bosses is first use terminate to lower thier resist, then lightswarm, then I use T. strike until the boss is dead. Very effective.

I suggest giving it either a hard skill point synergie to immitate zeal, could become handy for nice close combat damage.
[/quote]
Impossible, zeal is hardcoded (right?).

OR
Get rid of the attack speed synergie, change that to TS itself via hardskill points and add a duration synergie via lightswarm, for exemple.
[/quote]
Now that is not a bad idea- if possible.

Then again, I do not know if on high lvls, TS gets a decent duration, but 0.6 second is enough to keep the buffs for an attack, but it gets boring to poke around enemies with it or using LS for map covering.
[/quote]
It gets to around 0.9 seconds when maxed (I think it's the same as with the duration of hawk talons). So with enough +duration gear you can get it to 1.4-2 seconds.
There is only one cure for poverty, and that is, the liberation of women. -Christopher Hitchens

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:05 pm

[quote=Zeren";p="369889"]Ohh not duration buff to Lightswarm, I meant Thriumph Strike, so it lasts longer, lightswarm looks well balanced as it is.[/quote]

i meant it the you meant it, but i tried to say that if TS bonus lasts longer, you cn LS more often and it could get overpowered, but i regret having said that, because it doesn't really get overpowered. so, forget it, just read the part:

"i like the idea"
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

PopizzdioJazz
Champion of the Light

Post by PopizzdioJazz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:53 pm

i don't think zaren meant 'zeal' exactly. maybe he meant 'fend'?
the same thing.
i think, there for i don't know for sure...

PopizzdioJazz
Champion of the Light

Post by PopizzdioJazz » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:54 pm

i don't think zaren meant 'zeal' exactly. maybe he meant 'fend'?
the same thing.
i think, there for i don't know for sure...

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 am

[quote=Zeren";p="369882"]Now, something more worthy of debating, Thriumph Strike. Yes it's handy, boosts damage, defence and attack speed via lightswarm synergie. BUT, apart from being a less then usefull skill until you can fully cast lightswarm on your own, what's it for..?[/quote]

For boosting damage, defence and attack speed via Lightswarm synergy?...

[quote=Zeren";p="369882"]I suggest giving it either a hard skill point synergie to immitate zeal, could become handy for nice close combat damage.[/quote]

96.3% of all player suggestions are impossible.

[quote=Zeren";p="369882"]Get rid of the attack speed synergie, change that to TS itself via hardskill points and add a duration synergie via lightswarm, for exemple. Then again, I do not know if on high lvls, TS gets a decent duration, but 0.6 second is enough to keep the buffs for an attack, but it gets boring to poke around enemies with it or using LS for map covering.[/quote]

TS is the turtle skill.

[quote=Zeren";p="369882"]In conclusion, that wouldn't change enough TS to become overpowered, but enough to get a strong melee attack seconding lightswarm. That would also give it more use and a bit more strenght to the melee amazon.[/quote]

And turn her into a complete clone of the Moonstrike/Bladestorm sorc in 1.57, who would have exactly the same combination of skills...

[quote=oneillz808";p="369883"]he should remove every sound effect that has character voices, because obviously it doesnt match.[/quote]

Yeah, for example the druid voice when the druid casts PA doesn't fit. Neither does the paladin voice fit the paladin when he casts Vanquish.

[quote=pza";p="369885"]i like the idea. i've noticed the same thing. i also believe though, that lightswarm could get overpowered with an increased buff duration, e.g.. though at least one would start using TS at all.[/quote]

People don't use TS because people cried so much that the game hyperinflated into a murder simulator. You don't need defense.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Zeren
Paladin

Post by Zeren » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:27 pm

Zeren wrote (View Post):
In conclusion, that wouldn't change enough TS to become overpowered, but enough to get a strong melee attack seconding lightswarm. That would also give it more use and a bit more strenght to the melee amazon.

And turn her into a complete clone of the Moonstrike/Bladestorm sorc in 1.57, who would have exactly the same combination of skills...
Didn't thought of it, but now that you udnerline that fact.
But imo, compared to cLoD, she lacks melee skills, that might be the problem, relying on TS or Lightswarm...but I think I'll invest in Throwing skills, they should support her well enough.

Well still I'm happy about the reply, was wondering if you had ignored that thread or not, guess my questions are answered.

Return to “Mods By Laz”