[ FORUM MOVE ] thread -- What do you want to see saved?

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

No votes

Total votes: 0

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

[ FORUM MOVE ] thread -- What do you want to see saved?

Post by Brother Laz » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:39 pm

In case you missed it, here is the announcement.

I will save the newbie thread and the build guides, and distribute them in a neat and tidy .zip file. Unfortunately, I cannot take the entire forum with me. If there is any other thread you want saved, tell me here!

(No flooding please: I said I cannot take the entire forum with me!) ;)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: [ FORUM MOVE ] thread -- What do you want to see saved?

Post by pza » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:05 am

guides are in, so... hmmm

i'd start with item creation sticky, if you think you will really consider it for 1.58 :)

then there 's the sticky for calculators...

"median videos" maybe a small undertopic, since there are really awesomely many of those posted here. those who made one could post them there again.

afaik there'S missing also a "nice pictures" thread. i'm going to open one right now, if you allow (no, i'll open it anyway, close it and ban me if you want to :mrgreen: :D)

right now that's it i don't rememeber of more. guides and newbie thread and calcs are the most important.
[align=center] oh man - median2008 is awesome... thanks laz and his helpers...

[color=F0E68C]The New Area of Median![/color]

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

Baerk Konnevala
Champion of the Light

Post by Baerk Konnevala » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:18 am

I guess a lot of the stickies will be good candidates to save indeed. That reminds me... I already got registered in the new forum.

Enurta

Post by Enurta » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:20 am

^agreed the Drop rates and the poison dmg explaination would be good canidates

emuzon

Post by emuzon » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:27 am

The sticky - "Grades do what now? (Weapon/Armour thread)".

Good for knowing item base speed, dmg, etc.. - Helped me alot.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:44 am

emuzon";p="369950" wrote:The sticky - "Grades do what now? (Weapon/Armour thread)".

Good for knowing item base speed, dmg, etc.. - Helped me alot.
I swear one day I'll update that with info for Sacreds (which if my mind-calcs are leet enough out-class pretty much every item on every tier). Actually I'll go see how the other forum deals with tables and such.

Also I'll request my crafting point guide go over as well just in case no one's asked yet.
Last edited by Maxx Power on Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:04 am

I've registered over there; I'll still be DemonicAngel. :mrgreen:
Brother Laz";p="369940" wrote:In case you missed it, here is the announcement.

I will save the newbie thread and the build guides, and distribute them in a neat and tidy .zip file. Unfortunately, I cannot take the entire forum with me. If there is any other thread you want saved, tell me here!

(No flooding please: I said I cannot take the entire forum with me!) ;)
What's stopping you from simply doing the *Laz Edit* thing that you do, copying all the text with it's html and other coding, and pasting it in a thread at the new forum?

This would be a lot quicker and a lot easier I think, for some of the threads at least.

Also, instead of you copying them into a .zip file, somebody could go through a thread, the newbie thread for example, and consolidate everything into one post that could be moved over via *Laz Edit*, or we could then post it in the new forum ourselves.
pza";p="369944" wrote:"median videos" maybe a small undertopic, since there are really awesomely many of those posted here. those who made one could post them there again.

afaik there'S missing also a "nice pictures" thread. i'm going to open one right now, if you allow (no, i'll open it anyway, close it and ban me if you want to :mrgreen: :D)
IMO these should be just started in the new forum; that way, they don't have to be moved over and fill up our 20 thread limit. ;)
This thread is mostly just the creator of the calculator asking Laz for information so that he can correctly update the calculator... A link on the new forum to the calculator should suffice, I think.
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

paduples

Post by paduples » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:22 am

During the summer someone made a topic called Median User Archive which linked to loads or particularly helpful threads. Some of those might be worth considering.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:54 am

DemonicAngel";p="369953" wrote:
pza";p="369944" wrote:"median videos" maybe a small undertopic, since there are really awesomely many of those posted here. those who made one could post them there again.

IMO these should be just started in the new forum; that way, they don't have to be moved over and fill up our 20 thread limit. ;)
This thread is mostly just the creator of the calculator asking Laz for information so that he can correctly update the calculator... A link on the new forum to the calculator should suffice, I think.
yeah, that's what i meant. i thought it was clear to understand, though thanks for making it clear, since it wasn't, appereantly (:P)

[color=bb5500]The ultimate [/color][color=ee2200]BLOODWITCH[/color] [color=bb5500]Guide[/color]

[color=000000]i, myself, have to admit: i have QQed until annoying laz. i'm a [/color][color=aa0000]sinner.[/color]
[/align]

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:31 am

Laz, I moved the Tips for a New player sticky over to the new forum... I suggested you Laz edit it, but then I just figured I could do it if I quoted it... so that thread, at least, is all taken care of...

It only worked though because MadMerlin kept it updated in the first post, so I didn't have to quote the entire three pages.

It's less work for you though, so I figured I do something to ease your burdens with the forum move and you finishing 1.57... :mrgreen:
Link: http://modsbylaz.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=15

Edit: Links to the site, both calcs, and Median wiki taken care of as well.
http://modsbylaz.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=16
I had the idea that perhaps since this is a links thread we could put all the links to the videos there.... Yes or no?
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

pza
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by pza » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:33 am

better put them in the "nice pics"-thread, maybe keep some officially recognized (read: the ones on the median page) in there. otherwise that would be far too many videos there.

[/align]

DemonicAngel
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by DemonicAngel » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:38 am

And there's not going to be far too many videos in the pics thread if they go there? :P Not to mention in that thread there will of course be pictures, not just links to pictures, but the screeshots themselves. :-|

This thread will just be the main links in the first post, and then links and perhaps a description of the video in all subsequent posts.

Doesn't really matter to me though. We should just agree and decide before. If I'm decided against, I'll just edit it and then they can go where they go. :D

Edit: About moving over the build thread... I think we should make sure to NOT bring over the outdated ones, and not just all of them. :roll:
Last edited by DemonicAngel on Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Post by kingpin » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:46 pm

Take the time you need to move threads. Forum will not be deleted once you moved. It will be locked and info you need will still be there.

Jakebow
Champion of the Light

Post by Jakebow » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:56 am

Probably a lot of the stickies, because they do help a lot of new people out. I think it would work out best to just copy them ALL to the Newbie Thread on the new forum to have access. Reduces the time of coming back to the keep all the time.

(Has anyone else thought about how much traffic the keep will end up loseing?)
You have conquered, and I yield. Yet, henceforward, art thou also dead - - dead to the World, to Heaven, and to Hope! In me didst thou exist - - and, in my death, see by this image, which is thine own, how utterly thou hast murdered thyself. - Edger Allan Poe

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Logger_120 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:50 am

Most things I can think of are already mentioned.

I would like to see the 'How much dmg does each buff give' thread saved.

Return to “Mods By Laz”