One Simple 1.57 Suggestion

Information and updates for mods created by Brother Laz. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mods, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: Joel

ZomgNurfHunters

One Simple 1.57 Suggestion

Post by ZomgNurfHunters » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:09 pm

Dear Laz,

I have one 1.57 that won't affect balance much and will be easy to implement.

In the beta, set items are thankfully much easier to find. This is a good change. However, I have been farming sets since before the shift to all sacred items and have yet to assemble a full set of something. I have a few sets where I'm missing just one piece... for people who are unable to trade, the rarity of specific sacred items makes finding certain set items a real pain.

Please consider making a recipe to make items set. Make it the sort of thing that people can do only VERY rarely... Books of Power, or Dazzling crystals and meditation candles, super high level runes, some pain-to-get ubercharms like the ureh one and legacy of blood, etc. Hell, finding the right sacred item will be moderately difficult in itself.

I know your immediate concern is probably related to people abusing the recipe with cheats. While your efforts to limit cheating are admirable, if people want to cheat, they will find a way. This recipe will significantly enhance the gameplay for people who have spent a lot of time playing the mod.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this suggestion.
Also, please nerf hunters.

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:53 pm

You cannot create sacred uniques, and all sets are sacred, so why should you be able to create sets? ;)
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

ZomgNurfHunters

Re: One Simple 1.57 Suggestion

Post by ZomgNurfHunters » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:07 pm

I will make a serious attempt to answer that question.
The request isn't as unreasonable as it may seem at first because of the item specificity of set items compared to sacred uniques. As an example, my hermit druid is best off using his hard won Azgar's Mark. Prior to that find, however, he was quite as combat capable using the Bow of the Dead, a slightly less awesome sacred unique. Compare this to my melee barbarian - he has all of the melee barbarian set, except for the axe (instead using the sacred unique war axe, incidentally). After a considerable amount of farming, I consider it unlikely that I will find the specific set item that will allow me to complete the set - unlike uniques, it isn't a situation that accepts reasonable substitutes.

Implementing a very difficult set completion recipe would circumvent this problem - make it more difficult than finding sets/uniques to perserve game balance, but allow a determined person the ability to complete a set that lacks a single item.

Woodsplitter
Paladin

Post by Woodsplitter » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:36 pm

What Laz meant is that it's impossible to make a set item in the cube because the outputs are limited to level 99, and sets are level 121. So even if he wanted to, he can't, due to a Diablo 2 engine limitation.

edit: (I think... maybe I'm completely wrong, sometimes I don't pay attention)
Last edited by Woodsplitter on Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mods By Laz”