Game crash error

Information and updates for mods and plugins created by Talonrage. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: talonrage

No votes

Total votes: 0

Gljivko

Game crash error

Post by Gljivko » Mon May 01, 2006 2:53 pm

Hi all, my first post here and unfortunately an unlucky one :(

I installed Diablo 2 + LOD and patched it with 1.10.
It is installed in D:\Igre\Diablo II\

Then I downloaded RoS v6.00_full_version.rar
I extracted mods.exe from rar into D:\Igre\Diablo II and run it. Installation went fine and I got Mods folder in D:\Igre\Diablo II

Then I extracted RoS shortcut to desktop. Right clicked on it and choosed properties to edit target and start-in as described in installation instructions.

So I typed in Target line:
"D:\Igre\Diablo II\Mods\Requiem\LaunchModGame.vbs" -direct

and in Start In line I typed:
"D:\Igre\Diablo II\Mods\Requiem"

clicked ok to confirm the changes. Double clicked on shortcut, and game launched. So far so good, but I see only original game screen, no new screens that could indicate that there is a mod going on. I thought maybe I could create new char just to verify. So I created new char and started the game. AND HERE IS WHERE PROBLEM STARTED. Loading screen appeared and few seconds after I heard windows error sound, I pressed alt+tab to see what it is and I got this error.

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/1236/d2error4am.jpg

Please tell me what I have to do?
I have patch 6.01 but haven't installed it, I just have clean 6.00 version installed.
Any sollutions to this problem?

***UPDATE - Problem solved***
I reinstalled Diablo 2 + LOD, and mod, applied patch 6.01 and run the game with right click on shortcut and clicked "Open with Command Prompt" and it worked! :jump:
I got mod screen on start and I'm able to play the game. Nice mod! :thumb:
Last edited by Gljivko on Mon May 01, 2006 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LagLagLag

Re: Game crash error

Post by LagLagLag » Thu May 04, 2006 12:52 am

Same error here but solved too.
This error appears when you try to run the mod installed above the original game. You must run the mod with a LaunchModGame script.
If this does not work is because the LaunchModGame script calls "Game.exe". You will need to modify it to call "Diablo II.exe" instead of "Game.exe".

Bye!

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Mon May 08, 2006 8:11 pm

"if this does not work is because the LaunchModGame script calls "Game.exe". You will need to modify it to call "Diablo II.exe" instead of "Game.exe". "

i dont follow this sentence and am having problems with running the mod, please explain.
If your going to repremand me can you at least pose an answer

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Mon May 08, 2006 8:47 pm

I dont either , but its because I have no problems running the Mod in the ways I've elaberated as Shown Here. If you are still having problems after reading this , I'm unable to help you with it sorry.

I do know that the scrip that is used to run the mod is incompatable with illegal programs that load the game without a disc.
I also know that if you DO NOT have a C: drive you'll need to edit the Plugy.ini save patch as it saves to the C: drive.

blinky
Paladin

Post by blinky » Mon May 08, 2006 10:05 pm

im not using any hacks, and i have a C drive where D2 is installed.bummer. and those are the directions i follow to get the error stated in my other post. what is the requiem shortcut thing maybey i got it confused
If your going to repremand me can you at least pose an answer

Return to “Talonrage's Requiem of Sorrow”