Requiem of Sorrow 6.04+ Bugs & Feedback Thread

Information and updates for mods and plugins created by Talonrage. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: talonrage

No votes

Total votes: 0

Kalkano

Re: Requiem of Sorrow 6.04+ Bugs & Feedback Thread

Post by Kalkano » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:36 am

EDIT: Epiphany! Now that I've had a couple of days playing this and finding these stat-less uniques, I conclude that these are Hell's Torment items. I guess that because they are only supposed to drop in Hell's Torment levels (I haven't gotten there yet), that the game thinks they just don't have stats as normal uniques.
Pie Iesu Domine, dona eis requiem. Dona eis requiem sempiternam.

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:51 pm

You are currect, these are "Hell's Torment" uniques. The problem is that when I cloned the elite base items for them, I didnt change the original item levels or the base level of the Unique version.

Thus, these "unfinished" uniques can drop like normal Elite Unique items (and at the same place that the base elite item can drop), but you shouldnt be finding any of the actual completed Hells Torment Uniques until you reach Hell's Torment.

hourendous
Paladin

Post by hourendous » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:17 pm

The bestw ay to tell if the statless unqiue is a hells torment unique is if it has hellforged or dark etc in form of the item name, becaus ei have aorund 10 of them before the recent patch though and i only found them in hells torment.

OH, and i noticed that you named them in the recent patch, because before all it was was a unqiue hellforged item ebfore, now it has a name above the item, still no stats thouhg of course, heh

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:32 pm

Yeah, work on Requiem is coming slowly but surely. I'll have alot more free time to Mod come October (when the crime rate drops :mrgreen: ), but for now Work is taking up alot of my time (12 hours or more per day, depending on my case load).

hourendous
Paladin

Post by hourendous » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:16 am

im msotly waiting for the patch that fills in the hells torment unqiues to get back into the mod again, then i wait for your next mod which looks good, and still interesting in how the 5th skill tree is going to wrk, so keep up the good work, when you get any done that is :)

Kalkano

Post by Kalkano » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:51 am

I'm finally now in Hell's Torment ( :P yea!) and I've collected quite a few HT items already. I'm slowly but surely approaching lev 99, when I can use some. Pretty cool!
im mostly waiting for the patch that fills in the hells torment unqiues to get back into the mod again
In the Hell's Torment levels I haven't found any "statless" uniques like those previously found outside. Are you saying that you are still finding these uniques within HT? Perhaps you should check your install if that's the case...
Pie Iesu Domine, dona eis requiem. Dona eis requiem sempiternam.

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:22 pm

ALL normal , exceptional, and elite Uniques are fully enabled and if one drops it will have its normal attributes on it. ONLY the Hell's Torment Unique items (those with names like Currupted Colossus Blade, exc) will drop without any stats OTHER then the Decreased Life penalty.

I'll be releasing a minor patch (6.05) in a day or so that will completely disable unfinished Hells Torment Uniques, so this problem will not appear in patch 6.05 or higher. I should have done this along time ago :mrgreen: .

Elzix15
Paladin

Post by Elzix15 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:48 pm

Does the sorc summon crash tcp games in the 6.04 patch or was that just earlier patches. Also, the sorc summon says it gets synergies under the skill tree but it doesnt say what skills they are. The barbarians bloodlust says that it gets 2% magic damage per level from concentrate and it doesn't work. I have multiple lvls in concentrate.
Beyond the hall of heroes lies the chamber of bone.
Death await any who would seek to steal the treasures secured within this room.
So speaks the lord of terror and so it is written

hourendous
Paladin

Post by hourendous » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:14 pm

As long as disabling them doesnt delete the ones currently in game, or make it so they dont, it took forever to find the eons i have and i dont wana lose them, just make sure you put in a cube recipy when you finnally enable them to give them their stats, because the hellforged unqiues etc are VERY hard to find

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:05 am

Does the sorc summon crash tcp games in the 6.04 patch or was that just earlier patches.
I've replaced the Sorc's Elemental Graphics with a new one, because the original graphics had wrong offsets and I've never gotten into actual cof editing and such so I was unsure how to fix them (Lots of thanks to the actual editors of these new monster graphics ;) ) . So, If you were crashing BECAUSE of the missing animations, then yes its fixed. However, if the cause was something else, then no.

However, in single player I never crashed playing the sorc with the elemental. I just got tired of a error page a mile long from the missing animation so I replaced its graphics. Only thing I can say is try tcp/ip and post your results.

Testing Multiplayer is impossible for me as I'm on dial-up and I just get disconnected due to Lag and other problems associated with it.
The sorc summon says it gets synergies under the skill tree but it doesnt say what skills they are. The barbarians bloodlust says that it gets 2% magic damage per level from concentrate and it doesn't work./quote]

I remember reading about these but forgot to add them to my check list. I'll look into them tonight or tomorrow and have them fixed in the next "quick-patch".
As long as disabling them doesnt delete the ones currently in game, or make it so they dont, it took forever to find the eons i have and i dont wana lose them.
Disabling them will not remove any Uniques that have already been found. I will also be adding a "temporary" cubing formula to create the actual Uniques when they are completely finished.

hourendous
Paladin

Post by hourendous » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:46 pm

Good, im happy, keep up the good work,

tominkyu

Post by tominkyu » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:37 pm

talonrage";p="283941" wrote:I'll check into the Assassin and play her for awhile to see if I can track down these problems (as of yet I have not played her in any depth).
the bug of ass is still not fixed :(

Elzix15
Paladin

Post by Elzix15 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:34 pm

To add to the sorc elemental, it doesnt show the mana cost. I looked in the skills txt and checked it for my self and it said mana cost of 55 so i am trying to figure out why it wont show it in the skill tree.

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:56 pm

the bug of ass is still not fixed
I've a working lvl 74 Assassin in Act 1 Hell and I've yet to find any problems. She uses Warp alot and has a Shadow Master as well.
To add to the sorc elemental, it doesnt show the mana cost.
As for the Sorc's Elemental, most likely I didnt add a Mana Cost Display in SkillDesc.txt. I've added it to my "to-do" list.

hourendous
Paladin

Post by hourendous » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:28 pm

Hehe, the bug of ass(sorry couldnt resist

One question about the sorc summon, since it has its own equip set and everything now i have a few little questions about the summon still, the fact the summon does absolutly HORRIBLE damage even though it shows as near 10k now for me, and when i say horrible i mean not even 100-200 i dont think, i could be wrong on whats its doing all i know is it can barly hurt anything, would this be causes by the afct the weapon it has euqiped it overwriting the damage its supposed to do making it do so little sinc eit doesnt do %ed damage like some summons, the whole {filtered} damage on the elemental is the only problem i have with it, its still the best tank ive seen and cant take a HUGE amount of damage ebfore dieing even though it only has 9k health, heh

Delen

Post by Delen » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:15 pm

As for the assassin bug it only happens with the shadow master out and most of the time it is when you use a tp or waypoint. If I try to play my 97 traps assassin with shadow master always out the game will crash withing 5-15 min of starting every time. Hopefully it will be fixed so I can get back to playing her! :)

Elzix15
Paladin

Post by Elzix15 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:15 am

None of the synergies work for the barbs bloodlust. I have tried all three skills and neither of them add to bloodlust. Next time you get a chance have a look into this.

RazorsKiss_

Post by RazorsKiss_ » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:37 am

Getting the same assassin bug as everyone else is reporting. The SM seems to unsummon herself quite often even when I am not very far away, and my game just totally locks up. If I am in windowed mode, I can manually close D2, but if I am in full mode i'm pretty much screwed.

Guess I'll just have to play with Shadow Warrior for now, see if that crashes me or not.

head

Post by head » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:20 am

I'm not sure if its a bug or not, but my new hc druid doesn't get the bonuses from both ethereal spirit and spirit of protection at the same time. I'm running version 6.06.

Another bug i noticed with my hc necro (who's dead now :(), that he could carry two necromancer heirlooms in his inventory by cubing one at lvl 50 and getting another from a level 1 necromancer.

:!:
Last edited by head on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

hourendous
Paladin

Post by hourendous » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:14 am

The spirit of protection doesnt always seem to take effect when summoned, it has nothing to do with eth spirit, just keep resummoning the protection and it should take effect.

And with the heirlooms, its the same for every heirloom, you can carry one heirloom for each levle of it, as in a level 1, 25, 50, 75, and 100 one, because there different items for statsbut if you try to carry 2 for the same level it wont let you because there the same

head

Post by head » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:36 am

hourendous";p="289664" wrote:The spirit of protection doesnt always seem to take effect when summoned, it has nothing to do with eth spirit, just keep resummoning the protection and it should take effect.
:roll: Well... spirit of protection itself is no problem, but when ethereal spirit is summoned, i lose all the bonuses from spirit of protection, and get bonuses from ethereal spirit only. And if i summon ethereal spirit first and spirit of protection after, i get bonuses from spirit of protection only.
Last edited by head on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

hourendous
Paladin

Post by hourendous » Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:35 pm

Ahh, that might explain a little on why the spirit of protection didnt always do anything, because i always summon the eth spirit after which made it look like the protection wasnt working right, thats a different problem

Indium

Post by Indium » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:24 pm

I noticed you said you decreased mana regen for everyone but the sorceress and necromancer, but you actually did the opposite. Not that I mind. ;) After messing around with it a bit, it seems the way the manaregen field in charstats.txt works is showing how many seconds it takes for mana to regenerate from zero to full mana (however small or large that might be). So you changed it so a barbarian will regenerate to full mana in 50 seconds, whereas a sorceress takes two and a half times that!

Though since barbs and others do have much less mana anyway, they'd already regenerate it much slower than a sorc in vanilla D2 settings (on a per-point basis, I mean).

So are elemental druids playable in this mod? I've never tried one, but I've certainly heard people complain how unfeasable they are in standard diablo 2.

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:19 am

Oh this simply will not DO :mrgreen: . I'll look into this further and make any appropriate changes.

As for elemental Druids, I've upped thier spell damage and made most usable in werewolf or werebear form.
Last edited by talonrage on Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Indium

Post by Indium » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:57 am

This has got to be the most fun mod ever. :)

I tested the druid-can-cast in werebear/wolf form thing, and it didn't seem to work. Now that I look at it, I'm not sure if I'd play one anyway, since they're the only real caster class without a source of lowering resistances, doubly evil when they attack with fewer elements anyway. ;) A few other things:

Not sure if anything can be done (it's probably something to do with the monster plugin itself), but it seems when you kill goblin warg-riders sometimes their corpses become an inpassable "solid" object and can permanently block staircases and narrow passages.

I've never seen the clay golem monster do use nova when it dies like the description says. Never seen one of those half-dragon monsters use frost nova either (though their frozen armor works great).

I found a "bow of reanimation" which never seemed to do what the description says (5% reanimate as zombie) - either it works a lot less for some reason (I killed a few hundred monsters), or not at all. I saw my valkyrie do it once or twice (since they're generated with random equipment), so it works with melee weapons.

Is there a point to having +1 to dodge/avoid/evade on the "Shadow Ninja" armor (an assassin set), when you now need 2 points in them to gain more than a 1% benefit?

Random skill suggestions:
Make necromancer dagger mastery and poison dagger also work with wands (if the sorceress' one works with staves AND orbs, and their enchant skill works with anything...)

Maybe make tornado/twister part magic damage.

Currently the summon resist skill is a hinderance to fire golems, since it lowers their ability to heal from fire damage. Is there a way to LOWER (or just not raise) their fire resistance with points in fire golem summon resist (as a synergy), or give them "+# fire absorb" instead of or in addition to a decreased "% fire absorb"?

Make druid's fire claws skill convert some of their base physical damage to fire (the way some amazon skills do).

Is it possible to make all of an assassin's charge-up skills rotate between claws the way some do? I never quite understood that.
Last edited by Indium on Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Talonrage's Requiem of Sorrow”