Lament of Innocence Alpha v1.00+ Feedback

Information and updates for mods and plugins created by Talonrage. If you have any questions or suggestions, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderator: talonrage

hourendous
Paladin

Re: Lament of Innocence Alpha v1.00+ Feedback

Post by hourendous » Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:48 pm

Dont forget to edit the char stats along with the elixers a bit, and for the most part, staffs have been for the msot part useless ever since the exp came out since sorc's had the orbs which they could use shields with, but since this mod doesnt really work the same staffs might be able to be given a use after all, and from what ive read a few posts up and uniques arent really in game yet, so youll have to wait till they get filled in to see if their useful or not

Elzix15
Paladin

Post by Elzix15 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:44 pm

Thats cool that you figured out the stats thing. Adding some double throw and double swing is a good idea. Javalin skills would be nice to.
Beyond the hall of heroes lies the chamber of bone.
Death await any who would seek to steal the treasures secured within this room.
So speaks the lord of terror and so it is written

hourendous
Paladin

Post by hourendous » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:43 pm

id avoid the dual wepaon skills unless you plan on changing those skill or 2 depending on the class you pick, mainly because the focus of the ksills is the ability to pick any class and have the same build really, throwing in double swing would make it barb only no matter the class, which might cause a problem or 2

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:38 pm

Exactly. I didnt pick the Barb because of his Primary ability to wield two weapons, but because he can weild larger weapons single-handed. I never liked the Double-Throw / Double-Swing skills anyways.

Elzix15
Paladin

Post by Elzix15 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:17 am

Yea, i suppose your right. Any idea when the next update patch will be done.

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:50 pm

Now. You can Download Patch v1.02 here.

However, I messed up and forgot to update itemstatcost.txt with proper "cursed" effects. So it was added in patch v1.02. What this means for the testers/players is that you'll need to delete your Lament Saved Folder (completely) and start all over. :cry: .
Last edited by talonrage on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elzix15
Paladin

Post by Elzix15 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:54 pm

Cool, i will download and start testing immedietly

As for your next patch are you going to start making the monsters harder or make the gamplay harder. If your going to make extra dungeons in this mod as well, you should make some that you can access in every difficulty. The waypoints that you had in ROS should be tried again with this mod. I liked the WP and had no problems with them at all. I played MP and had no problems either
Last edited by Elzix15 on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:30 pm

No, I wont start editing monsters and levels until I get the skills to a respectable usable state. I also want to get the Uniques , Sets & Runewords into place as well as the item for cubing reagents to remove the taint of evil from these items. Theres alot of work left in the early stages yet that needs to be implamanted before I go into more monster and level detail.

However, I can tell you that I'll be making ALOT of new areas that can be accessed via Cubing Formulas (Just like the Cow Level) and every act will have them. These Cubing reagents needed to make the portal will also be easy to find in each act. I plan to make different areas in Nm and Hell Difficulty as well.

The goal so far is to populate these new area with new monsters and make a SuperUnique Boss in each one. When you kill this area boss for the first time, you gain bonus Skill and Stat points (sort of like a quest reward) so it'll incourage players to go there.

I've also decided to make normal runes "tainted". This taint will not be apparent by themselves in individual runes, but any runewords made with them will have "cursed" properties (you wont know what they are until you make them :twisted: ).

There will be a cubing formula to remove this taint from individual runes (making them blessed runes and appear golden named) which can be used to make "Blessed Runeword Items". These runewords will be the same as normal runewords , but instead of a "cursed" property, they will either have enhanced powers or additional hidden powers.

You will not be able to used both tainted and blessed runes to make a runeword, as they cancel out each other and destroy the power of the bonus enchantments aquired from the "runeword".

Theres so many things to do with so little time to do them :( .

Elzix15
Paladin

Post by Elzix15 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:22 pm

Well if you ever need help just pm me and we will go from there. I'm not a big modder, i know how to do a little bit. Mostly just txt editing. I have never really tried editing .dll files. I know how to edit tables and i know how to add cube recipes. Mabey this would be a good time to brush up on my mod makiung huh ;)

EDIT1:What tools do you use to edit a dll and where can i get it?

EDIT2:You should put a lvl cap on teeth, at lvl 5 it does 15-30. Now if you add the 250% from magic mastery that brings it up to 53-105. about. Or to balance out the skill, start the mana cost at 2 and bring up the cost by.5 every lvl. I am also confuse about how the allskills +1 skill works for the battle commands skill. Does it bring up all the synergies by one lvl every 5 lvls or just the warcary itself?

In a previous post you said that you u put my skill idea into lament and i haven't seen it yet. I was just curious did you not think it was balanced?

Instead of increasing the amounts of skill points required for skills after every 5 lvls, Why don't you increase the amount of skill points required for the later skills. Then, throuout the game you find random stat or skill potions that give points to distribute like the potion that you made chars start with.
Last edited by Elzix15 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:26 pm

[quote=talonrage";p="288928"]Exactly. I didnt pick the Barb because of his Primary ability to wield two weapons, but because he can weild larger weapons single-handed. I never liked the Double-Throw / Double-Swing skills anyways.[/quote]

This makes me a sad panda :( Plus I still don't see the purpose of having more than one character class playable. Seriously, unless you really ARE making another version of Median.

I'm glad to see the Werewolf can use melee skills now. Time for some WWWW (That's Werewolf Whirlwind) fun :D
Last edited by Maxx Power on Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:09 pm

You should put a lvl cap on teeth
You need to be level 32 to get Magic Mastery. If you think 15 - 30 damage is high, try killing something in act 5 ;) .
I am also confuse about how the allskills +1 skill works for the battle commands skill.
It gives a +1 All Skills Bonus for every 5 levels placed in the skill.
In a previous post you said that you u put my skill idea into lament and i haven't seen it yet. I was just curious did you not think it was balanced?
Refresh your skill idea with me. I have several skills I've added as Oskill bonuses which will apear on varies items.
Instead of increasing the amounts of skill points required for skills after every 5 lvls ...
I've completely removed the additional skill point requirements. All skill levels now cost 1 point no matter what skill level they are.
This makes me a sad panda Plus I still don't see the purpose of having more than one character class playable. Seriously, unless you really ARE making another version of Median.
There is only one selectable character, and there never will be any more then this. Also, I've never played Median so I dont know how its set up in that Mod.

However, for a little bit of clairification, I plan to make "plugins" that allow you to play a different class instead of the barbarian, but other then the graphic change of the main class and maybe a few skill changes, it will be the same basic game as it is now. I'm implamenting this idea simply because I know some people prefer another character look instead of the barbarian and these plugins will give them the opertunity to play the character they wish.

At no time will you ever be able to create and select more then one character type.

Elzix15
Paladin

Post by Elzix15 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:09 pm

The skill idea was increased attack speed and damage but lowers the attack rating. As you put points into the skill the penalty will slowly decrease like whirlwinds damage penalty. As for the name i have no clue

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:29 pm

Yes, I actually did include this idea in the mod, but as an Oskill. It will be part of a Runeword item and maybe on several Unique items(but I'm not sure exactly which ones).

Elzix15
Paladin

Post by Elzix15 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:57 pm

O, thats cool. I thought it was going to be a normal combat skill or somthing.

EDIT: I was looking at the list of changes for lament 1.03 and i noticed that gloves and helms are undecided. an idea for gloves could be a bonus to attack speed or attack rating, and helms could be bonust to life or mana, or mabey have a random os skill based on char lvl. Another idea is a bonus to gold or magic find.
Last edited by Elzix15 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:20 pm

I have no idea if this has been mentioned somewhere, but I'm too tired to go trawling through countless threads.

Basically, I can't select ANY skill through the skill selection buttons for the left and mouse button UNLESS I select them through the skill tree, whereby they're assigned to the right hand button. Obviously this means I can't F# any of them, and makes the mod pretty much unplayable (unless you play a character with no active skills).

So yeah, best you be fixing that.

TKN
Paladin

Post by TKN » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:55 pm

Is the status of this mod on hold?
I'm looking forward to trying the first non-beta version, but there doesn't seem to have been any updates from Talonrage in awhile.

talonrage
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by talonrage » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:42 pm

Sorta. I'm still modding it, but in the past few months it equates to about an hour a day. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get more free time in March to work on it but as of now Work and Family are taking up alot of my free time.

But dont dispair, I'll get back to it eventually and I've added a few other modders to the roster to help with the Uniques / Sets / Runewords.

hourendous
Paladin

Post by hourendous » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:53 pm

I know the forum has died a bit over the last 2 months, probably because rl issues and such(rl claims another soul, damn it :) )but i agree with the suggestio of tyring the wp mod again, for 1 big reason, its been fixed.
While i know the original wp was made by ric faith, havvoric who worked with him, had to fix it for his mod, and he did, and in case you want a link, here ya go.

http://havvoric.homeip.net/havvoric/vie ... 380600380e

Return to “Talonrage's Requiem of Sorrow”