Buggy Buggy

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Buggy Buggy

Post by jbouley » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:41 am

I have potentially "bad" news on both of those set items...because of the dearth of armor, helmets, shields, etc. that can be used for sets (one of the reasons Blizzard made so few sets), I cloned some items. In some cases, they display the same name as the "original" piece of armor (even though they're a different item)...in other cases, they got new names. I will look that up and post the names of the items here if they are different enough from other items in the game for you to differentiate.

EDIT:

Heracles' helmet = demihelm (the only such item in the game with that name, so it's good news for you)

Touching the Stars = bramble mitts (unfortunately for you, the EXACT same name as the original D2 item...but as far as the game is concerned, a different item because it has a different code
Last edited by jbouley on Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:17 am

Thank you VERy much for looking those up. Although I have never found a demihelm, I have found plenty or mitts.

If I understand you correctly, there are 2 (or more) items in the game called bramble mitts (or chain gloves, or heavy gloves, or whatnot), in order for the etherseeking glass to effect each differently. So items obtained in a certain way, like gambling, may spawn only one or the other set item. I've NEVER gotten the Might of Heroes gloves from etherseeking, but I have gotten lots of cleglaw's gloves.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:39 am

Well, not all items have clones and the exact same names. There are maybe a half dozen or so like that.

The purpose isn't to confound players or add an element of chance. It's because of the fact that things can get weird sometimes when you have the exact same item as the base for a set item...amulets and rings are an example of this...and how difficult it can be to complete a set when the game randomly assigns which set item will drop for the same base item.

The other reason (really, a bigger reason) for me doing this cloning with certain items is so that I could give them different images for the different set items. If I used he SAME base item, I could only have one set item image assigned to that item for the inventory image.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:37 am

not sure if this is a major bug or not, but when i'm using my zon in a3 hell, i was too lazy to go around, and decided to use a "leap" charge
she recoiled, as if preparing to jump, then the game froze
i forgot to post the error msg, but if i find it again, i will mention it next time
lvl 74 paladin, single player, finished Hell - Sanctuary in Chaos
lvl 65 amazon, single player, Act 4 Hell - Sanctuary in Chaos

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:59 am

Leap is an odd one. It will work for me for a long time, and then *bam* out of the blue I get a crash.

Doesn't happen often...but it does happen. Not sure if the amazon is more susceptible or not. I DO recall hearing people complain that she always crashed with the Leap Attack skill a long while ago.
-Jeff Bouley

Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz » Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:40 am

quick question about armors and sockets...not sure if this was mentioned or not, but i don't feel like searching through 45+ threads that have over 2 pages each 8-O
*potential spoiler*
but, which armours can have more than 4 sockets?
cause i've been looking for a decent armour that can hold more than 4 sockets, for a certain runeword..

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:34 am

That one's easy. Look in the Sic Docs. (You DID read the manual? ;) ) The best ones are Gaia Coat and Unity Mantle, the exceptional and elite druid armors. I know that there is a recipe to produce Earth Armor, and there is probably a 2.21b equivilent for the other versions. There are also 5 socket helms, and the "Time" runeword is pretty godly (although youth is a cheap and ultra-effective alternative). I seem to have slipped off topic... my favorite helm is "Prayer". because the concentration aura charges are simply godly for some characters.

Gubbinz

Post by Gubbinz » Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:43 am

unfortunately, no...lol
can't seem to find it on my comp either...

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:02 am

I'll try to post the readme file shortly here in this forum...though it shouldn't be too many more days before I have the mod back up where it belongs (if Phrozen Heart didn't already do it for me in the midst of other file center work), and you can just click the documentation link then.
:mrgreen:
-Jeff Bouley

BJ

Post by BJ » Thu Oct 16, 2003 12:59 am

IronSigil";p="132142" wrote: There are also 5 socket helms,
Don't they only have a max of 4 though, because there's space only for 4 on a helm pic... or did JB somehow sidestep the issue?
I tried one long ago and it could only ever spawn 4.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:24 am

In older version of D2, extra sockets would hover on the end or simple be invisible or just be invisible, but they worked.

It might be that more recently versions of the patch eliminated this...but honestly, I never get the chance to play my mod and haven't tested that specifically in many, many, many months.

So, any data about sockets is based on what I set in my files; some of that data may no longer be 100% accurate.
-Jeff Bouley

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:34 pm

I may have mispoke; there may or may not be 5 socket helms. :oops:

If an item has more than the number of socket than the space it occupies, one socket appears in the upper left corner of the item's space. This socket displays the last gem put into it, and all gems inserted into it (up to the maximum) affect the item. This is most obvious on the 5 socket charms (Imperial Orb of Midyah and Tomb Charm of Zouloum) but also affects some items.

Return to “Arcanum Archives”