Anyone up to TCP/IP games?

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

ThorAsgard
Banned
Crusader

Anyone up to TCP/IP games?

Post by ThorAsgard » Sun Sep 21, 2003 11:53 pm

Yesterday i got this mod and started playing, it was quite fun because all of the new item/spell graphics and i forgot to mention the new monster graphics... Well, i dont even know why im talking about graphics (Im not a graphic freak). And so i played... Got bored after a while, looked for someone to play with on my IM's i set up a game, he joined... Guess what? He used che@ts, And i really hated that fact!

So, is anyone up to a new game multiplayer? Starting all over, no che@ts (not even the slightest)... Full Co-Operation game (If one of us grabs a rare item and the second needs it much more than the other, then you should give it to him... And another thing about what i mean by Full Co-Operation is not running all over and doing nothing other than killing... Help others, and others will help you :))

So, anyone up to this kind of game? If so, please let me know and i will contact you or if you have a fast connection and can host a game for as many people as possible, please post the ip, if you can/want of course.

Jbouley, The mod is very impressive and has some very original ideas, keep on coming with them :lol: :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance and im sorry for long explanation... I just dont like making mistakes and then getting into a game with people that either do no co-operate or use che@ts&h@ks. Thanks again :)

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Re: Anyone up to TCP/IP games?

Post by Yonder » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:41 pm

How about joining us on the {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning} server? It's a nice, small server with friendly players who don't cheat, trade, hack but play, talk, give away stuff for free...

--> http://bnetd.shbe.net
Last edited by Yonder on Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

ThorAsgard
Banned
Crusader

Post by ThorAsgard » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:51 pm

The realm is cool, although they havent updated yet... (The new version is 2.21a)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:09 pm

Probably won't get updated until 2.21B since the Druid's new Celestial Tempest skill is crashing and I need to fix it. But we are nearing completion of this durned mod...so JEBs will be able to think about an upgrade on his server soon, I think.
:)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

ThorAsgard
Banned
Crusader

Post by ThorAsgard » Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:52 pm

So i guess that i will need to revert back to 2.20? :roll: :-|

Oh well, ill do that in a bit. One question though:

Do i need to use the original 1.09d dlls? Because as far as i know the 1.09b dlls do not work with realm play.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:13 am

Damn good question...I don't know if JEBs is equipped to deal with 1.09B DLLs or not. If he requires 1.09D DLLs...then I get the cast on hit, cast when hit and cast when striking spells wouldn't work on items....

Yet I haven't heard anything to that effect and people seem to be enjoying the mod on that realm...so maybe he 1.09B DLLs are fine. You might want to ask JEBs directly, in case he isn't around this forum lately...since I have nothing to do with administering the online version of SiC.

I'm generating the potential druid fixes tonight for people to test, so hopefully I can resolve the problem and, with a little "help from above," maybe 2.21B will be ready by midweek. (Fingers crossed)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:48 am

Yes, the 1.09B dll's work fine on JEBs' server. All cast on strike, on attack, on being struck and so on work.

btw: The fact that these animations work make one of the lvl 60 orbs unusable for amazones. The constant casting of these nec teeth on shooting makes you blind. :)
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:48 pm

[quote=Yonder";p="129332"]btw: The fact that these animations work make one of the lvl 60 orbs unusable for amazones. The constant casting of these nec teeth on shooting makes you blind. :)[/quote]

Heh...good to know that there's something out there that an amazon cannot become more uber by sticking in her inventory.
;)
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:32 pm

Buahh, sorry I was absent for a while.
But Yonder already answered all questions ;)

Version: Yes, we're still on 2.20. From our side 2.20 seems to be without any important bugs !!! This isn't normal !! Most MODs have major problems on items/skills/DLLs and such stuff. Lot of these bugs may crash the server which really sucks cause all players are killed from their games when the GameServer crashes. SiC 2.20 is currently our most stable realm ! We get about 500 games per crash while the other realm will crash between 50 and 200 !! It's Jeff's great work ! However 2.20 may be somewhat older but it's really stable. The update procedure on server and DB side is not so less, that's why we wait for 2.21b.

DLLs: On server side we have the 109D DLLs running cause the GameServer crashes with the 109B DLLs. But on client side the B ones seem to work without any problems (as Yonder already noticed). When updating to 2.21a/b I'll try the B ones again on server side but I've no big hope.

EDIT: Found some time today. Will do some compatibility checks with 2.20->2.21a. If everything works fine we'll update today to 2.21a.
Last edited by JEBs on Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:52 pm

I expect to have 2.21B ready later today. The last known skill bugs (for the amazon...it was a late "revelation") have been fixed...altered etherseeking and socketing recipes seem to be working right...all seems well, and it's just a matter of creating a new patch and upgrdade files.

:)

P.S. Pleased to hear that the mod has been so bug-free on your server.
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:15 pm

[quote=jbouley";p="131157"]I expect to have 2.21B ready later today. The last known skill bugs (for the amazon...it was a late "revelation") have been fixed...altered etherseeking and socketing recipes seem to be working right...all seems well, and it's just a matter of creating a new patch and upgrdade files.
...[/quote]
Don't hurry ! Good things take a while ;)

[quote=jbouley";p="131157"]...
P.S. Pleased to hear that the mod has been so bug-free on your server.[/quote]
Yes, it's really stable. We've had a lot MODs online.
Most are gone cause of instability, major bugs or unbalanced stuff.
Yours is as stable as the original 1.09d from the good old times ;)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:10 am

Let's hope 2.21B is just as stable.

It's officially done now. :)
-Jeff Bouley

Return to “Arcanum Archives”