Finally...at last...2.21B

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Finally...at last...2.21B

Post by jbouley » Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:33 pm

[quote=bloodcore";p="135038"]huge thx jbouley for showin me that realm, its awesome, but there are some problems, my barb at lvl 22 cant distribute any pts to skills and its impossible for me to make a 3 socket helm, they always end up with 2, ive tried all the possibilities from the spoiler docs. what am i doin wrong, help plz[/quote]

There might be a few pieces of armor and weapons for which my spoiler documetns and Web site might list an inaccurate number of sockets. Most likely, though, you are trying to put more sockets than the item allows (as Yonder noted). In general, the smaller the item, the less sockets it will allow. Also, mostly with the more primitive items (caps, bucklers, etc.) the socket cap is set pretty low. One exception, of course, is the mesh headband, which is designed more for its ability to be socketed with several sockets than it is to provide direct defense.
Last edited by jbouley on Mon Oct 27, 2003 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

etomlinson

Post by etomlinson » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:51 am

GROWL!!! I can't d/l 2.21b...the download starts fine, goes for about 100k, then I get "Cannot download file. Connection to server reset" :x

SIGH

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:58 am

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:59 am

Damn...I used to have that problem about two years ago (give or take) when we were originally at PlanetDiablo...wish I could remember what I finally figured out was causing it...

oh, wait, that's it!

It was AOL. I started connecting through IE or MSN or something, and the problems stopped. It might be the Internet Service Provider through which you are connecting to the Internet.

Could also be a firewall issue. You might want to disable cookie control, which causes problems in general with GameSpy pages (for example, many people can no longer view the web pages on our main site...myself included, unless our firewalls are set to accept cookies.)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:30 am

oh yaaa, this is just great man, bliz forces me to patch and now i cant play sic on bnetd, or even single player for that matter, wtf is their problem, its like they are forcing us to play a game that they want us to play. i bought diablo to have fun with it, not to be enslaved by a game that sucks, like for instance of somethin that sucks 1.10 PATCH. half my friends quit already and its only the first day. jeff, is it possible that i could revert back to .09 to play sic until you come out with a mod for 1.10 or are they going to shove this 1.10 download down my throat.
thx bliz, why :x :cry:

etomlinson

Post by etomlinson » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:18 am

Uhhhh, I'm using SBC Yahell DSL...I can download anything else from here EXCEPT SiC. I was also giving thought to porting SiC to 1.10 once you decide that you're done with upgrading it :)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:28 am

@bloodcore:

You should be able to revert back and forth. Not sure if you'd have to temporarily swap out all the DLL files or not, but the "full" version of my download includes the full complement of 1.09B DLLs if you want to try.

I have no plans to port SiC over to 1.10...primarily due to lack of time. Which brings me to my next point:

@etomlinson:

If you want to port it over to 1.10, be my very welcome guest. :)

Some other people have also expressed interest in continuing to modify SiC on their own once I complete 2.21B and the SiC:Brutality variant.

I am perfectly open to all of this and will release all of the files I have when SiC is well and truly done...from my end at least...in the next week or two (Although the inventory image gfx may not be complete in my backup files...so y'all may need to extract those on your own from the patch).

I would be willing to post any such "continuations" of my mod on the SiC site...with credit given to the person or persons who make these "future SiC mods," if anyone actually does.
:mrgreen:

EDIT:
I tried to use my links on the SiC homepage too, and the first time, I got file not found messages. Second time I tried a few minutes later, they all connected fine. Not sure what that's about...
Last edited by jbouley on Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Sat Nov 01, 2003 3:53 am

:diabolic: thx a ton for all this info, its a huge help. I'm not sure if anyone saw my post on bugs in 2.2 :eyes: ill post it here since i get more replies here, sorry to be a bug myself... :spam: anyways, i figured out one of my questions on my own, the reason my barb couldnt distribute any pts on skills is because my mana was -2 from an oracle glyph which leads me to believe that you cant distribute pts unless all attributes are positive. i just took the item off and i could put on pts. anyways, one of the biggest questions i have is these two recipies , for some reason, they arent working
Seafoam Lens Jewel Charm=1 perfect sapphire, 1 gem creche, 1 ancient engraved bowl, 1 jewel
Hratethos Charm=1 pharoah scarab, 1 gem creche, 1 ancient engraved bowl, 1 jewel
ive tried with different characters and everything on this one, cant figure out what the problem is, maybe someone knows, oh and by the way SOMEONE COME PLAY ON BNETD!!!! THERES LIKE NOBODY THERE AND IT OWNS!! :x :scratchhead: :sonyfan:

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:48 am

Very odd. I tested the recipes for both of those items before releasing the mod...I'll have to check and see if I mistyped information in the spoiler document or did something else weird.
-Jeff Bouley

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:48 am

ya i dunno why they dont work, but i for sure used the recipies the docs called for, also, the recipie for seeds of aries unique charm in the docs is minus a few details, i remember seeing a scroll in the game saying that each item had to be x 4 or something, im still looking for it cuz i tossed it awhile back. oh about that socket helm recipie, the helm i was using was a bone helm, and that for sure has 3, i remember putting 3 sockets in stuff back in the earlier patches of the mod like the first one, making an ith great sword out of fury was quite a suprise, dunno how i did it, but hey, it was cool. im not too sure what your plans are for a new mod for 1.10, but if you have been working on one, id be happy to test things out and point out certain things like bugs or things ive been posting about sic 2.2 instead of bothering you with old stuff, lol... i got plenty of free time after work ;) just holler if you need a volunteer

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Mon Nov 03, 2003 8:21 am

:sick: oh and by the way, is it at all possible for you to let me in on the scroll that says dont combine me with a perfect gem... lol thx :deal:

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:27 pm

Well, if anyone finds any errors in my spoiler doc for recipes, please let me know the details. With so many recipes in the game (there are at least 10 times as many recipes as you guys see in the files for my mod, because for many of those recipes, I needed dozens of variations to cover everything), it is hard to check everything. I may have missed some details from the game files when I made the spoiler doc.

So, anyone who knows there are errors, please let me know what they are. :)

As for the "don't combine me with a perfect gem..." scroll, here's a hint:

[spoiler]Ever consider doing exactly what the scroll tells you NOT to do?[/spoiler]

That scroll is kind of a joke. Oh, it really does give you important information eventually, but it's sort of a joke how you get to that information. ;)

EDIT:

I hope to have the SiC 2.21B rebuild and the skill patcher available later tonight. Been a bit distracted by work and my mother-in-law's lung cancer surgery.

Also, I have weakened on my stance about porting SiC over to 1.10. I will, indeed, port over as much of the mod as I can. However...

...I don't gaurantee compatability of 1.09 patch SiC characters with a 1.10 version of SiC. I will try my best...but no promises.

...Gameplay might become different or unbalanced (OK, SiC is already unbalanced in many ways; I'm just not sure which direction it might become tilted...harder or easier)

...There may be many bugs, and I may or may not have the time and willingness to stomp any of them out.

...It may take a couple weeks, give or take, for me to finish. The hardest part isn't likely to be converting over the modified game files (although I'm a bit nervous about a couple of them); it's probably going to be trying to replace a number of missing graphics for which I have lost the original files.

As I've indicated above, I may or may not fix any problems in a 1.10 version. Depends on my time. However, I will still leave open the possibility of others continuing the work.

If I do indeed manage to port SiC over to 1.10, it will first be released as -direct -txt mod. Good news for downloading, but bad news for Mac users. I will try to get an MPQ version out as quickly as possible, though.

Stay tuned....
Last edited by jbouley on Tue Nov 04, 2003 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Jeff Bouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:57 am

[quote=bloodcore";p="136069"]
Seafoam Lens Jewel Charm=1 perfect sapphire, 1 gem creche, 1 ancient engraved bowl, 1 jewel[/quote]

Works as far as I know...however, there is a common mistake people make with this recipe. They see the blue gem that looks like a perfect one (i.e. it's the same shape as the other perfect gems), but that's NOT the perfect one. The perfect one is a darker blue and almost looks like two gems stacked. If there isn't something in parentheses that says "perfect" in the name, it ain't the right gem.

Hope that helps a little. :)
-Jeff Bouley

Return to “Arcanum Archives”