Finally...at last...2.21B

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Finally...at last...2.21B

Post by jbouley » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:22 am

So, I've fixed all the bugs that I can (and that I know about).

Tests so far look good.

Praying that there are no crash bugs.

Last things to do are to create the patcher kit to give people the Celestial Tempest skill instead of Armageddon for the druid (for those who want it).

Also to do: Make a mod called SiC:Brutality which will be identical to version 2.21B except that monsters will be tougher to kill and more deadly in general...for those who want a bit more challenge in the mod. That shouldn't take more than a few hours of work to do.

Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Full version of 2.21B (with DLL files)
http://d2mods.xfernet.com/filecenter/pa ... ile&id=980

Abbreviated download (no DLL files)
http://d2mods.xfernet.com/filecenter/pa ... ile&id=981

Spoiler documents (updated for 2.21B)
http://d2mods.xfernet.com/filecenter/pa ... ile&id=983
Last edited by jbouley on Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Finally...at last...2.21B

Post by jbouley » Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:22 am

Of course, this would be better news if he site and filecenter weren't down right now.

I'm hoping this is a VERY temporary problem... :x
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Post by Max-Violence » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:15 am

Yay! I'll grab it as soon as the File Center is back up :D

Unfortunately, I just bought Halo PC, so it might be a lil' while till I play 2.21b (read: it will be a while) :mrgreen:
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:27 pm

[quote=jbouley";p="131273"]Of course, this would be better news if he site and filecenter weren't down right now.

I'm hoping this is a VERY temporary problem... :x[/quote]

Must... play... 2.21B... on... closed... realm...

*Dies of apoplexy*

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:46 pm

I wonder if JEBs can accept an e-mail from me of that size, or provide some way to FTP him the files.

At least that way (if possible), I could get 2.21B to HIM for realm play, even though single-players will have to wait until either we solve the site problem or I find an alternate download option for my mod.

JEBs? You there? Any way to get the patch to you? It's less than 10 MB without the DLL files (which I think you already have anyway).
-Jeff Bouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:08 pm

I have a very, VERY, VEEEEERRRRRY temporary solution to getting my mod.

Here goes:

I sent an e-mail to an AOL account I never use anymore, with the mod as an attachment. Follow the directions below to the letter, and those of you who really cannot wait will be happy. :)

1) Open the AOL Web site at www.aol.com and enter the e-mail system through there.

2) Log onto the e-mail account null7890 using the password rabbit

3) Open the 2.21B e-mail message

4) Download the roughly 11 MB file

5) When you are done, go back to the inbox and mark the e-mail as UNREAD. This is CRITICAL! If you don't do this, the message will go into the "old e-mail" section and will be deleted automatically before long. We want to keep this e-mail alive and active in the inbox so that others can access it.

Again, this is just temporary. I'm trying to find a better option. I'll try to post spoiler documents for 2.21B as threads in this forum as soon as possible.
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:52 pm

Sorry, wasn't at home today...

I'm happy to see that you finalized 2.21B !! :D

Lot thanks for your effort in placing the file somewhere where it's accessible !!

Just got it from AOL (First time that I visited them...whata fu***** ISP...but has worked !!), I'll do right now some tests on our test-Server. If that works well it might be that we put it online this night (we've 22:56 here right now).
If so, I'll place the MOD into our forum so that the players get access to it.
Not sure if we've enought bandwidth, but when in forum I can give you a direct URL so that others/unregistered can download it. If our limit exceeds, I simply delete it from our server.
I'll put here an extra message when it's done.

Lot thanks again for your effort !!

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Sun Oct 05, 2003 4:52 pm

Baaad news :cry:

Today we installed 2.21B @ our RealmServer.
In the beginning everything looked good, but after some minutes we got some client problems.

Cause I haven't tested the version on our test-Server we haven't had enought time to do detailed tests. What we got is this:

- While in "Worldstone keep level 2" with a HC Ama lvl 84 the client freeze, and get's a "Assertion failure in Sequence.cpp. Expression nindex != 0" in a windows-style error box in the background. Cause Sunny played with only some 1.09b DLLs in past, we checked the same with all 1.09b DLLs, but got the same error. The error occurs while fighting or while simply opening a gruft box, but @ different places.

- At same are and same use but with a SC char we couldn't produce that error.

- Different area with another lower-level HC Necro char, we couldn't produce that error too.

We have tested only with 4-5 characters but I worry that there're more (HC) chars which don't work....most players are HC here (can't check currently the ladder cause we made a ladder reset too, but in some days...)
I know that's not much and I worry that you're interested in the char now...
I worry cause we've no possibility to export characters from our DB till now...

I don't know what's next usefull for you Jeff, and I don't know if you're interested to check anything in this direction.

What I can offer is a new or test-realm in which I can copy Sunnys character for testing by Jeff. But I fear that's not the way how Jeff can debug such stuff.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Oct 05, 2003 7:32 pm

That's odd. I didn't change anything related to Worldstone Keep, and aside from fixing two spear skills, I didn't touch the amazon at all. So, this is a complete mystery to me. :cry:
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:21 am

Yeees :-| , any idea what we can do ?

What do you need when you search for such kind of errors ?

EDIT:
Need a detailed list of items/skills/... of that char ? Maybe you remember something odd ?!
Last edited by JEBs on Mon Oct 06, 2003 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:09 am

The error log from the crash might help.

If you can tell me the skills of the character or the items, that might help, too.

Most importantly, it would be good to know if there is something that occurred each time that was similar...a similar monster in the area...a similar spell being cast, etc.

Are there any other serious errors showing up? Is this a consistent thing with multiple testers/characters?

The biggest change is altered recipes...but that should have NO effect on existing characters...and the area-specific nature of this error is what's really odd, though.
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:16 pm

Cool, I'm happy that you're interested to check if you can help us :cool:

My proposal to get somewhat in the right direction is the following:

1.) I build up a public accessible 2.21b test-realm, ONLY for char checking purposes. (Earliest next weekend :( )

2.) Everybody of the current D2Manics SiC 2.20 players who's interested to play 2.21b has to check his chars, and has to play, let me say, somewhat about 10 minutes with his main interested chars.

3.) When found some more problems, let me say about 10 unplayable chars, each char/item/skill or whatever is copied by me to a special Jeff- TestAccount. By this you'll find a collection, by whom it might be possible to look for similarities.

4.) When a bug reasons is found, you decide if it's usefull to debug that or if it's possible to simply drop the reason (i.e. in case of a old bugged item)

What do you think Jeff, would that help ?

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:39 pm

btw, JEBs: I'd really appreciate if you deleted all existing 2.20 chars for the new version. I - and I know that many other players also do - love to start a new version from scratch.
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:54 pm

Puhhh, I'm wondering about Yonders note cause we've so much HC player @ SiC :-|

In special when thinking about my wifes char, she's worked very hard to get it to lvl 84 and there are lot more others in 60-70 :!:

Of course, we can use the test-realm in real. Characters that work have luck while the other :cry: ....

First let's wait what Jeff is talking and if he has any idea/hope....

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:03 pm

Your plan sounds good. I can only hope it will help ferret out the problem.

I don't know much about hardcore characters, so I'm not sure if they are touchier about changes to a mod or not. Maybe for them, ANY little change is potentially a problem, whereas "normal" characters are more resilient since the are less heavily coded.

I don't know, just a theory. But let's see what we can dig up when you're able to get a public test server up. :)
-Jeff Bouley

Traxxer

Post by Traxxer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 5:57 am

lol :D i smiled very well at the "aol email" trick ^^ but thx for this

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:51 am

I think we'll have the file center back in action soon...so I can get the mod where it belongs. ;)

Sound like I'll need to release a slight re-build of 2.21B though...I have heard only recently that the barbarian starts with a weapon he cannot use until he gains 5 levels. :oops:
-Jeff Bouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:52 am

OK, I am going to delete the e-mail option we've been using temporarily for downloads, now that I've added v2.21b to the actual file center:

downloadsystem??action=file&id=980 = Download Full Version of Mod

downloadsystem??action=file&id=981 = No-DLL Version

downloadsystem??action=file&id=983 = Spoiler Documents

NOTE: This is NOT the rebuild of 2.21b. That will come later this weekend or early next week. I will announce when I've made those very slight updates and have uploaded the new build of 2.21b. Also to come are the Druid/Amazon skill patcher/upgrader and SiC:Brutality.

EDIT:
*Ahem*

Well, looks like I don't need to delete that AOL e-mail after all. Seems someone among you didn't follow directions and didn't mark the e-mail "keep as new." :roll: So, it drifted away for automatic deletion. My apologies to anyone who tried to get it via e-mail and was thwarted because of that person's mistake. :oops:
Last edited by jbouley on Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Sat Oct 25, 2003 4:42 am

awwww.... man... forever have i waited, and i havent found one person to play this mod with, either ppl dont know about it, or ppl are just noob and think it sucks, personally, i think it PWNS ... if this mod was the actualy diablo expansion, ppl would play it 24/7... the only thing that sucks, is im stuck on v2.2 and i cant find ANYWHERE to get 2.21b :cry: :cry: :?: ummm whoever messed up that email should be curb checked thank you jbouley, you own... crack the wip on keep or find another way to get ur mod out there, i cant stop playing it

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:19 am

Well, once our filecenter is back up here at the Keep, which shouldn't be long, you can get it from there. It was available briefly before the Grotto's servers went down over the past couple days. Now, we've moved back to Planet Diablo and just need to change the URLs in the file center so that they point to the right place. Probably already be done if our tech guy wasn't sick. ;)

As for playing SiC online, have you read this thread?:
viewtopic.php?t=14785
Last edited by jbouley on Sat Oct 25, 2003 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:45 am

Again a week is gone, it's terrible :cry: haven't found the time to setup the 2.21b test-realm.
Guys....be patient....I've big hope to get the test-realm online on Sunday !

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Oct 25, 2003 7:52 pm

JEBs...I understand completely. I've got nothing done modding wise for going on three weeks thanks to the Xfernet meltdown and everything that followed. :roll:

So, don't stress yourself...it'll get there when it gets there. ;)
-Jeff Bouley

JEBs
Banned
Paladin

Post by JEBs » Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:08 pm

Heiaaa, just build up a "Temporary SiC 2.21B" realm @ {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning} to get our current SiC 2.20 chars tested.

Everybody who's SiC chars @ {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning} should read this post in our forum....
All others, don't start playing in the "Temporary SiC 2.21B" realm. It's really temporary and all chars are deleted when the test time is over ;)

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:12 am

huge thx jbouley for showin me that realm, its awesome, but there are some problems, my barb at lvl 22 cant distribute any pts to skills and its impossible for me to make a 3 socket helm, they always end up with 2, ive tried all the possibilities from the spoiler docs. what am i doin wrong, help plz

Yonder
Champion of the Light

Post by Yonder » Mon Oct 27, 2003 3:35 pm

About the helm:

You can't make more sockets in an item than the item class allows. A leather cap for example won't get more than two sockets no matter how hard you try. ;)

See the Arreat Summit for max sockets --> http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/

About the distribution of points:

Are all skillpoints red? IIRC you can solve this problem by logging out and in again. I've often heard players complain about this but never saw it myself.
About Diablo Mods ---> www.yonder.de/es

Return to “Arcanum Archives”