Arcanna's Sign

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Arcanna's Sign

Post by Max-Violence » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:12 pm

Is this item still an amulet, or what? I've been etherseeking amulets for a very long time, and I've yet to get it. I've gotten Cathan's amulet, Civerb's, Iratha's, etc., but no Arcanna's. What's the deal?
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Arcanna's Sign

Post by jbouley » Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:20 am

Yup. Still an ammy. Not sure why it hasn't dropped for you yet.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:02 am

Crap. I was hoping it was made into a belt or something :cry:

Personally, I think there's a bug preventing it from dropping/being etherseeked. I've found LOTS of set amulets, none of which are Arcanna's, and none of the set amulets I've etherseeked were Arcanna's. Belive me, JB, I've ES'd and found LOTS and LOTs of set amulets.

Just something to look into ;)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Oct 16, 2003 5:18 am

Odd that whatever internal ratios are being used by the game would ignored Arcanna's. I'll try to do some testing. I would just change the damned thing to something else or clone the base amulet and assign it to Arcanna's, but then I fear: what if you're the only one and I mess up everyone else's Arcanna's set?
;)

But I will see what I can figure out.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Max-Violence
Paladin

Post by Max-Violence » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:05 am

If anyone has it and would mind it being changed, please post.

What if you have 2 Signs, one the amulet that already exists and one a new item, only make the amulet never, EVER drop (like I'm swearing up-and-down as it is)?

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:37 pm

I thought of doing that (which is how I kept the mechanist weapons from being screwed up when I changed them...the older ones still exist in the game but no longer can be created, and the new ones replaced the old ones in cube recipes).

But it would pose problems to have two base items in this case, because if I change the base item, anyone who already has the set would no longer have an item compatible with that set.

I would have to make two versions of the set itself, and I think that would cause it's own problems.

Again, I'll look into this as quickly as I can. :)
-Jeff Bouley

IronSigil

Post by IronSigil » Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:44 pm

The main barrier to etherseeking items is the item "clones"... if you buy chain gloves and etherseek them, you will never get Thor's Gloves. I have not seen arcanna's amulet (but considering the number of set amulets, it is VERY hard to get from a drop - how often have you seen the jewelery from Vidala's set?). As for etherseeking, keep at it. I have seen most of the amulets (Tal's, Telling of Beads, etc.). Your delay may be caused by the sheer amount of set jewelery. Even for unique amulets, I had to etherseeking 10+ amulets to get an Eye of Etlich, which has godly stats. I got quite a few Highlord's Wrath's, Mara's, and Cat's Eyes in the process, so ratios may be acting funny.

Interesting, whether or not the constricting ring can DROP, it can be found by Etherseeking. The stats are a bit different than what I believe was listed, and the level requirement is high. Considering the very many ways of mfing in SiC, the only really useful part of the ring is the resists. THe -30 drain life is a pain, considering the fact that most of my chars have drain life from other stuff too.

:oops: . I seem to have gotten off on a tangent...

KillBurn

Post by KillBurn » Thu Nov 06, 2003 7:56 pm

ive found arcanna amulet but it took like 100 cows runs ;) so it seems that arcanna is the hardest set ammy to get :mrgreen:
there is no spoon

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:35 am

Gee, if it's that hard to find, maybe I ought to boost up its power significantly when I port SiC over to 1.10
Last edited by jbouley on Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:31 am

Check the rarity of the amulet. In unmodded D2 it is 1, whereas most amulets are 7. (Tal Rasha's Adjudication and Telling of Beads are two others with very low rarity.) In sets and uniques, rarity works like this:

sum up the rarity of all set or unique items (don't add both together) with level <= monster or chest level for where you are.
divide the rarity of the desired item by this sum

If the monster or chest drops at L14, then only Civerb's Icon qualifies. So 7/7 = 100% chance for a set amulet to be Civerb's Icon.
If the monster or chest drops at L16, then you can also get Cathan's Sigil, which is also rarity 7, and either amulet has 50% chance of dropping.
By Act 5 Hell, you have a sum of 45, so Arcanna has 1/45 chance of dropping.

This is unmodded, I don't know if Jeff touched those numbers, and also which rows he may have cloned for new set ammys.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Arcanum Archives”