SiC 2.21B REBUILD and SiC Skill Patcher

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

SiC 2.21B REBUILD and SiC Skill Patcher

Post by jbouley » Wed Nov 05, 2003 8:03 am

Ladies and Gentlemen, the rebuild of Sanctuary in Chaos 2.21B is done, and the druid/amazon skill patcher is now available.

Visit my site at sic.d2mods.com for the download links.

For those who don't know, here's the deal:

SiC 2.21B rebuild
Essentially the same as the previous version of 2.21B, except that I've improved equipment for starting characters (for several classes, anyway), I've eliminated a monster that sometimes causes crashes in Act 5, I've eliminated invisible unselectable monsters in Blood Moor...and that's mostly it. Nothing exciting or extensive enough to make me want to rename the mod. Plus, the previous build of SiC was perfectly playable. This is just a slight enhancement.

SiC Skill Patcher
Enables you to alter your SiC 2.21B patch file so that spearazons will be more effective (five spear/javelin skills now have enhanced damage) and it also changes the druid's Armageddon skill to a cold skill called Celestial Tempest. Beware, however, as the new druid skills crashes D2 on some computers. There's not any rhyme or reason to it; it works for some people and not for others. So, either backup your SiC patch file before altering it with this patcher kit...or be prepared to possibly have to re-download the original SiC 2.21B mod if you find you don't like what the patcher did.

Now, I am going to do my level best to:

1) Quickly create SiC:Brutality, which is nothing more than SiC 2.21B with tougher monsters. No extra experience; just extra danger to you.

2) Port SiC over to patch 1.10. I know I said many times I wouldn't bother, but I've changed my mind. Before I embark on the new Rise of the Old Gods mod for 1.10, I will try to make SiC compatible with patch 1.10 for D2.

:)
Last edited by jbouley on Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Re: SiC 2.21B REBUILD and SiC Skill Patcher

Post by Max-Violence » Wed Nov 05, 2003 9:28 am

Hip, hip, horay! Hip, hip, horay! Hip, hip, horaaaaaaaay!
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

KillBurn

Post by KillBurn » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:03 pm

hello im back :) i have been in the army and stuff but luckily i didnt qualify for it and now im home :mrgreen: ( in norway we normaly have to go there for 1 year unless youre lucky :P ) and ive been busy with max payne 2 ;)

i have 1.10 and playing closed at the moment but when sic comes out for 1.10 im going to play it a lot :) havent seen any really good mods for 1.10 yet :-|

oh and btw jeff if nobody else has told u this: the Nezeramontias mod that u posted on the phrozen keep news dosent work it crashes when i try to make a char on it :( just thought id let u know in case no one else has told u
there is no spoon

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Post by Max-Violence » Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:49 pm

Yo JB, remember the little discussion about how one of the Ringmaster's set rings makes the character unable to join games (the ring has charges of "attack level 8" or something)? Well, didum, you...um... fix it? My character still can't join games :cry:

Edit: More bad news. The "fixed" Celetial Tempest A) Is named Armageddon in the game, and B) Crashes. However, none of the fixes you posted earlier crashed me. This is a problem.

Can't comment on the new amazon skills (my spearazon and javazon are still on clvl 1 -- I've been waiting for the rebuild + skill patcher to use 'em. Oh, and some time to play, of which I finally have :) ).

How's about making a different skill patcher -- this one leaves Armageddon alone but changes the 'zon? Or...?
Last edited by Max-Violence on Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:36 am

OK, the changes for the Druid skill were exactly what I test before and that worked on your comp. So much for that plan...the name problem is my fault...I thought I had included the .tbl file and codes for inserting it, but I guess not.

I'll split the amazon skills out in a separate patcher when I have a moment...probably be Friday or Saturday.

I don't know what to do about the Druid skill anymore...and not sure if I'll do ANYTHING. Maybe I'll just ditch the idea completely. :(

The changes to the Ringmaster Set won't help you join games. Changes I made to sets and uniques will ONLY affect new drops of those items...the ones on your characters retain ALL their old settings. But I did change the item and hopefully it will work in future drops with the rest of the set.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Wed Nov 26, 2003 11:33 pm

:scratchhead: hmmmm, bnetd, not working..... whats with that. Finally got 2.21b patch, thx jeff, it owns... whats with {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning} tho, did they just get sick of running realms for a total of 12 ppl? I don't know why ppl dont play there, I like it better than bnet, they should even enhance it a little and try to advertise somehow to let more ppl know about it... its a good alternative to ppl that dont like the patch and that are sick of all the low life scumbags that play in the normal realms.. what happened {No mentioning of private realms - consider this a warning}? :cry: :rage:

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:26 pm

I haven't been there or heard anything from them recently...don't know if things are down because it's the holidays and they don't have the time to get to maintenance right now...or if something else is going on.

Also, traffic there might be light right now because people are playing 1.10, and I don't think any private realms support 1.10 yet. So maybe they're trying to figure out how to get their realm 1.10-ready right now?
-Jeff Bouley

Return to “Arcanum Archives”