Just a question

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Just a question

Post by Hades » Mon May 24, 2004 2:05 pm

Jeff Bouley:I was just looking through image plug-ins and I noticed you had some posted before for missle graphics and other stuff,But they were for 1.09,so I was wondering if you had any thoughts for making some for 1.10? As your new graphics for some of the powers in SIC were amazing.
Just curious and hope the house hunting is going fine.I'm not looking foreward to that next year lol.
Later
Hades
Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years,
Face up...make your stand
And realise you're living in the golden years

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Just a question

Post by jbouley » Mon May 24, 2004 3:01 pm

All the missile graphics I used in SiC were either existing graphics for other skills or effects (aura graphics used for missles, death effect animations for bosses used as missiles, etc.) or monster animations that I used as missiles (such as for Naga Strike).

So, I never actually created any new missile graphics.

When you say that I posted some, you might mean the package of recolored missile animations in the File Center. But I didn't have anything to do with those. In fact, I didn't even really upload them to the site. A lot of the files PhrozenHeart uploaded when we redid the site and forums recently show up as having been uploaded by me.
;) :P
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon May 24, 2004 4:28 pm

Oh ok I was just curious but that clears up some questions I had lol.Glitch in the upload part of the keep huh.Rather interesting about using other graphics for powers though,I never thought of that.Actually quite kool and creative.I'm just beginning on that aspect of modding so I figured I'd begin asking some questions.Lol most of the other stuff about modding I've pretty well got the idea.
Hey Jeff,how about a quick question.How much are you planning for the new SIC version for 1.10?If you improve on what is already there ...that will be one awesome mod! :) :D
Good luck and thnx for answering
Hades

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon May 24, 2004 6:52 pm

I'm planning quite a bit for the mod, which is part of the reason it won't be complete for a while yet (though I will probably release several alpha versions of various parts of the mod before a final beta goes into testing).

In essence, I'm going to combine SiC with many (though not all ) of my ideas for the Rise of the Old Gods mod. So, this won't simply be SiC for 1.10, and the previously planned RotOG mod probably won't see the light of day.

Instead, we'll have Sanctuary in Chaos: The Old Gods for patch 1.10.

It will feature new items and new types of items, a completely redone skill system that allows more variety of character builds (melee sorceress, caster paladin, etc.), a huge array of new monsters along with old ones, some map alterations, a completely altered treasure drop system that actually makes sense, and probably a more sensible weapon and armor system as well that will help keep all weapons potentially useful (how many of you use daggers? Didn't think so...so I'll give you a reason to).

Right now, I'm still in the midst of redesigning the skill trees and figuring out who gets what and why. I had to shelve that for the house-hunting, but will return to it as soon as possible. I will be consulting with Joel on skills to see what he thinks of my ideas. If Brother Laz has time, I might ask his opinions as well, since both of them are among the top skill/spell modders right now.

People will see parts of the old SiC in the new mod, but it will be a different experience and old characters almost certainly won't work in the new mod.

Hopefully, SiC:TOG will see the light of day (in alpha form, at least) by early summer.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Hades
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Hades » Mon May 24, 2004 9:09 pm

Well Jeff,Consider me one of the first guys in line to download the mod when it's ready.Sounds great and more than I expected .Lol actually it's exactly what I expected from the one who brought us all SIC :D
I'm trying to use other animations as skill animations now also.Awesome idea....lol but it may take me alot longer but hey part of the fun in modding.
Anyways I'm sure my posts are not what you are used to in your Forum so feel free to delete it after.Keep up the great work and ....house hunting....well I think we all can say stressful and time consuming.Been looking around myself and well some of these realtors....Stressful may not be enough of a word. ;)
Take care Jeff
Hades

Return to “Arcanum Archives”