Freaky weird issues (bugs?)

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

taosk8r
Paladin

Freaky weird issues (bugs?)

Post by taosk8r » Fri May 28, 2004 11:04 pm

Ok so I been playing with my druid that I imported from standard d2 1.09 who was at the start of Act 3 NM.. Then I took him into The Big Setup mod to get some better items (since the computer I play on is offline). Been experiencing all kinds of weird stuff.. The elemental dudes that are cold immune turn invisible occaisionally, and the worm/centaurlike things (don't know the name of them (try and get it later)but they are mostly at the start of the act) usually appear half visable (which isn't too big of a deal), and there is another monster type that also appears invisable (becoming untargetable as all the invisable monsters do)..

Also been having problems with the number of slots on my Immortal King's belt. At first it was full (4 items high), but only 3 would show, and when I used an item the replacement just slid down, but now I'm sorta stuck since I cannot use my uppermost item slot :(..

Well I was thinking I could send the owner of this mod my char file, but now that I think about it I'm stuck since the computer is offline and there's no burner on it.. I guess its a moot point anyhow since it seems unlikely from what I've seen that there will ever be another 1.09 version of this mod.. I just really like this mod, but its damn hard to play when 80% of the monsters become untargetable. :(
Last edited by taosk8r on Fri May 28, 2004 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Freaky weird issues (bugs?)

Post by jbouley » Sat May 29, 2004 6:05 am

Well, far less than 80% of the monsters go invisible and untargettable. ;) And it's not a bug...those that vanish in and out of existence are meant to. It helps to have summons or mercenaries, as they can usually still target the monsters even when you cannot.

Not sure about the problem with the IK belt. First I've heard of that.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

taosk8r
Paladin

Post by taosk8r » Sat May 29, 2004 6:15 am

Ok.. The last ones were the Phase wolves.. Alight this makes sense now.. :) I kinda expected it would happen with 1 monster class, but when I saw it going with 3 (and the act 1 monster that is part invisible) it kinda freaked me out and had me thinking 'bug'..

I just picked the 80% number because my experience on Act 3 NM looked that way.. :) I'm sure when I get out of it, I'll be less weirded out.. :oops:

I did notice they tend to reappear when hit by my merc and summons and it made me think bug even more haha.. plus I figured out I could still hit 'em by holding the shift key muahaha..

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon May 31, 2004 2:34 am

Just so you know, the reason they go invisible is because the animations used for the monsters don't include animations for certain actions, such as spellcasting, running, etc. So, one reason why they may appear when hit by mercs is because they DO have an animation for getting hit and/or being knocked back.

Hope they don't give you TOO many fits. ;) :P
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Return to “Arcanum Archives”