Poweritem:overdrive q.

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

BJ

Poweritem:overdrive q.

Post by BJ » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:42 pm

Is there a reliable way to get a normal item? There's like, a 1 in ten thousand chance of dropping a normal, much less the one you need. I know act 1 is set, act 2 is set, act 3 is set, act 4 is all rare act 5 is all set, but there's nowhere for socketed and normal items. :P Perhaps there's a secret dungeon somwhere that drops normal, or a hitherto unknown unmagicking recipe?
We mean, it's fun actually being able to obtain runewords, but trying to socket them! Like finding a Zod all over again.

w/ thanks, bj.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Poweritem:overdrive q.

Post by jbouley » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:51 pm

Now, that's an interesting dilemma no one's pointed out to me yet. :-| It never occurred to me the potential downside of having so many magic, rare, etc. items dropping.

I will see if I can get a new version of the mod out in the next week or two with recipes for turning items into their normal versions for those who want to imbue items, and I'll make recipes to turn items into non-magical socketed versions for the purposes of runewords, etc.

These are relatively simple changes, so even in the midst of my crazy life lately, I should be able to do this within the next couple weeks. I will try to get it out this week if I can.
Last edited by jbouley on Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

BJ

Post by BJ » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:31 pm

Oh yeah, there's the recipes to socket items already (takes full rejuv, jewel, rune, #p gems for # of sockets) and their ingredients aren't that easy to get, which is fine. Just the 'purging stone' recipe will do.

Thanks.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Re: Poweritem:overdrive q.

Post by jbouley » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:10 pm

Sorry. Forgot I had added the socketing recipe already. I have a nasty cold this week and have been doped up on NyQuil and Tylenol Cold.
;)

I will add a power-purging recipe to the mod ASAP and upload it by this weekend if I can, or sometime next week if I cannot. Stay tuned. :)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

BJ

Post by BJ » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:00 pm

Don't stress over it too much. We're compensating for the moment with udietoo, not ideal, but works nonetheless. :p

Return to “Arcanum Archives”