NEW MOD: Chic Uniques

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

NEW MOD: Chic Uniques

Post by jbouley » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:59 am

As many fans (or maybe I should say, a large percentage of the few people who are still playing the Sanctuary in Chaos mod) already know, SiC for 1.10 has made very little progress owing to lack of sufficient free time on my part. A big delay has been the tremendous amount of time that will be required to get the skills and monsters working right for patch 1.10.

So, since I have no time for that and am relying on outside help to port over those files, I am keeping my modding skills somewhat sharp by working on some simpler mods. These mods will also be released as plugins for other modders to use as part of their own larger mods.

Currently underway and doing well is the Chic Uniques mod, which does several things:

1. Allows ladder-only items to drop in single player, open Bnet and TCP/IP and LAN play.

2. Allows Annihilus charm to drop from monsters other than the Diablo clone

3. Activates Contricting Ring

...Ok, I know what you're saying. Big F***** deal, Jeff! That's all easy enough for a toddler to mod. We're getting to the real modding in a moment...

4. Assigns items and powers to 10 unique item names that were in Blizzard's files, but had never been completed (All they were was names, with no other data and no way to drop).

5. Creates unique versions of every item in the game for which Blizzard made no unique version (the vast majority of class-specific items, most normal and exceptional thrown weapons, and an awful lot of the elite items)

6. Adds several new unique charms

That means more than 140 new unique items for the game. Now, I don't have them all done yet, but I have started, and I have an organized list of all the unused items so that I won't miss anything.

So, we're a ways away from alpha or beta testing on this mod, but to get things started and keep the interest level up for anyone who thinks this simple mod sounds cool, I am going to post the stats of the new items and solicit your advice and thoughts about them, in case there are any obvious flaws or good suggestions to improve them before the mod is finalized. Bear in mind that I am trying to be as creative as possible, sometimes to the point of oddity. I don't want to simply make a bunch of predictable, cookie-cutter uniques.

To that end, here are the first 10 items (these are the 10 items for which Blizzard had only names, but no items or powers assigned to them):

Goreripper - Small Crescent
Item level: 77
Required level: 68
------------------
3.375% enhanced damage per level (229% to 334%)
2% increased attack rating per level (136% to 198%)
100% chance of open wounds
Prevent monster heal
25% chance to cast level 12 Weaken on hitting
10% chance to cast level 6 Grim Ward when you kill an enemy
15% increased attack speed
Socketed (4)

Zakarum's Salvation - Feral Axe
Item level: 80
Required level: 70
------------------
9% to 15% mana steal (varies)
9% to 15% life steal (varies)
+45-65 to all resists (varies)
+20% to +40% to blocking rate (varies)
Requirements -50%
Heal 7 life after each kill
Slain monsters rest in peace
+2 to all paladin skills
Level 10-15 Concentration aura when equipped (varies)

Odium - Ghost Wand
Item level: 78
Required level: 60
------------------
20% increased attack speed
300% enhanced damage
Character fades (becomes ghostly looking)
25% chance to cast level 10 Revive when you kill an enemy
+80 to health
20% faster casting speed

Larzuk's Champion - Seraph Rod
Item level: 84
Required level: 62
------------------
Level 15-20 Zeal (varies)
Level 16 Fanaticism aura when equipped
+6 to Bash (barbarian only)
15% chance to cast level 20 Hydra when you kill an enemy
Adds 25-80 damage
+20-200 to maximum damage (varies)
+15 to maximum fire resistance
Socketed (2 or 3)

Giantmaimer - Falcata
Item level: 75
Required level: 55
------------------
50% chance of crushing blow
25% chance to cast level 20 Static Field on hit
75% chance of deadly strike
Slow target 50%
+75 to Strength
+25 to Vitality
Prevent monster heal

Darkfear - Avenger Guard
Item level: 30
Required level: 24
------------------
Hit causes monster to flee (60%)
+80 poison damage over 8 seconds
5% chance to cast level 6 Cloak of Shadows on killing enemy
7% chance to reanimate slain foes as Dark Ones
+1 to Warcries (barbarian only)

Nethercrow - Hurlbat
Item level: 55
Required level: 30
------------------
Replenishes quantity (1 every 3 seconds)
Increased stack size (+15)
25% chance to cast level 7 Teeth on attack
13% chance to reanimate slain foes as Black Raptors
Level 15 Teeth

Warriv's Warder - Heater
Item level: 62
Required level: 45
------------------
+6% to blocking rate
25% faster blocking speed
Vendor prices reduced 20%
Damage reduced 3%
Level 5 Holy Shield
Socketed (1)

Merman's Speed - Wyrmhide Boots
Item level: 60
Required level: 45
------------------
50% faster run/walk speed
Level 12 Charge
15% chance to cast level 8 Teleport on hitting
+130 to +195 to defense rating (varies)

Sigurd's Staunch - Troll Belt
Item level: 85
Required level: 65
------------------
Regenerate health 15-25 (varies)
Reduce damage 10%
Reduce magic damage by 6
50% stamina drain
Level 4 Cleansing aura when equipped
Last edited by jbouley on Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

kingpin
Retired Admin
Cherub
Sweden

Hand-picked

Re: NEW MOD: Chic Uniques

Post by kingpin » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:53 am

1. Allows ladder-only items to drop in single player, open Bnet and TCP/IP and LAN play.
Ladder flag already allows ladder-only items to drop in sp/tcp-ip :)

This flag only means for closed bnet that it dosn't drop in normal closed game, only in ladder :)

Other than that, great to see a new release that will come from you.

3. Activates Contricting Ring
This is my favorite unique item, happy to see that one back.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:40 pm

kingpin";p="222298" wrote:
Ladder flag already allows ladder-only items to drop in sp/tcp-ip :)

This flag only means for closed bnet that it dosn't drop in normal closed game, only in ladder :)

Other than that, great to see a new release that will come from you.
See how rusty I am after so long away from modding? Real-life has addled my brain. ;)

Anyway, I'll be posting more items soon. Obviously, the big thing with this mod will be new items, more so than activating items I apparently didn't need to activate :lol: (except for the contricting ring, of course... :cool: )
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu May 19, 2005 2:16 pm

Ok, I will assume from the lack of response that no one wants to give input/opinions/criticisms about the items, so I won't post any more information about other items in the mod.

When the first alpha is ready and it's time to get some testers together, I'll post again, but I guess that's it for the moment then...
-Jeff Bouley

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu May 19, 2005 2:55 pm

It reminds me of the lack of feedback to Median 1 two years ago... people sort of expected a big total conversion Demon Trip kind of mod, and were disappointed with the 'standard characters' and 'lack of skills'. Ergo, it wasn't played.
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Kraj
Retired staff
Angel

Post by Kraj » Thu May 19, 2005 3:30 pm

Well I'd imagine the simpler mods tend to get less attention, just because they lack in the "wow" factor. But I also think that minimods and plugins that enhance the content of vanilla LoD without altering the gameplay a lot will always be popular.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu May 19, 2005 10:43 pm

I knew this "mod" wouldn't be a big attention-getter (I'm doing it as a plug-in as well) but of course I want to make sure my items aren't too wildly over-powered or under-powered. So, my post wasn't a cry for attention, nor was I really all that hurt. Just figured I'd let people know where I was going with things based on response thus far.

A few people have expressed interest in helping me test this mod/plugin when the time comes, so I don't really "need" the input here in the forum...just thought maybe I could catch some fixes early.

No matter... :)
-Jeff Bouley

Return to “Arcanum Archives”