SiC version 2.1 is ready for download !

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

SiC version 2.1 is ready for download !

Post by jbouley » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:34 am

I've got version 2.1 done. All elite uniques are now enabled. I did NOT make uniques for all the new items I made for the game...I will likely tackle that when I return to modding SiC...which will likely not be for at least a month.

In the meantime, as I've already mentioned, I'll be starting a new D2 mod.

As for other changes in SiC 2.1, there aren't a whole lot of huge things. A lot of graphics fixes, inventory graphics additions, tweaking of the Amazon's Strafe skill to eat more of her mana instead of less, new charms, new clues, new "nonesense" scrolls so that you can read some new messages, etc.

Get SiC version 2.1 at:
http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/pl ... d_2-10.zip

I will post a link to the .txt files as soon as I get them zipped and uploaded to the site. Also, I will update my site to link to 2.1 primarily...but for right now, this thread and my sig (which I'll update in a couple minutes) are the only places to get the link for the new version. :)

EDIT: Non-English speakers...please let me know if this version now displays the entire game in English, or whether the "not xlated" messages are still showing up.
Last edited by jbouley on Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:42 am

I am the first!!! I am the first!!!

Seriously now, downloading it at this very moment ;)

And Jeff, there's this thread of yours called Versoin 2.1 in in progress....really!... I would edit the title myself, but its better not to mess with stuff from my boss :mrgreen:

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:45 am

I know, some writer and editor I am, eh? I've just been too lazy to fix it. But I guess I should right now. ;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Feanor

Feanor

Post by Feanor » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:15 am

Yay I'm fourth, that is, if those cable and DSL people don't beat me to it. But, I'm looking forward to more of your fabulous work in your new mod, Jeff.

[EDIT] Ahh, now I'm fifth. Stupid dial-up [/EDIT]

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:40 am

For those who want to review the .txt files, here's the .zip of everything but cubemain.txt and runes.txt

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/pl ... 10-txt.zip

Will, the other two .txt files will soon be on their way to you via e-mail. If anyone should pay you enough to weasel the secrets of the Cube and the Runewords out of you, I expect a 50-50 cut of the money. ;) :mrgreen:
-Jeff Bouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Aug 26, 2002 5:31 am

Hmmmm...this is interesting. I think I may have accidentally located my long-missing backups of the .dc6 inventory graphics files and .dcc missile/overlay animations from Sanctuary Corrupted and the SiC beta.

This means I can actually create a -direct -txt version of SiC...finally. :)

I offer no guarantees that ALL the animations and graphics are indeed there...but hey, life is a gamble, so why not try? As soon as I can put together the -direct -txt directory structure and zip it up into a .zip file, I'll let y'all know. I can probably do it sometime Monday or early Tuesday.

In the meantime, those who don't mind 11.4 meg downloads can grab the MPQ version of the mod, which is the first link I provided in this thread (as well as being the link in my signature)
-Jeff Bouley

Will
Champion of the Light

Post by Will » Mon Aug 26, 2002 6:06 am

Yes! More items! More scrolls! More graphics! w00t!

I *was* going to sleep, seeing as it is 7am now...but I think I'd rather play SIC :D:D

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:51 am

Sleep? That's when you aren't trying to download a file on a busy server every 5 minutes! :)

GRRR! You WILL download! Jeff, tell that file to behave like a good file should, and download!!! :x
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Aug 26, 2002 3:36 pm

I have slapped the file on its little wet nose with a rolled-up newspaper and told it, "bad file, bad!!!!"

It prompty peed on my shoe. ;)

But, I hope it's behaving better now. Will try to get the -direct -txt version together as soon as possible so that there will be a smaller downloading option to remove some of the sting.
-Jeff Bouley

Red Havoc
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Re: SiC version 2.1 is ready for download !

Post by Red Havoc » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:51 pm

jbouley" wrote:EDIT: Non-English speakers...please let me know if this version now displays the entire game in English, or whether the "not xlated" messages are still showing up.
I´m running SiC with a german d2lang.dll and it´s just fine. Every text or dialogue is in english, no "xlated call kens" at all. :)

However, I think I should mention this: At the beginning I was running SiC with the english d2lang.dll, everything´s in german then and there are those xlated calls in the description of any new item. Or Eidolon bears have the description of Zombies. However, when reverting back to the german d2lang.dll everything was fine again.
Just telling you that, because many german players have the english d2lang.dll installed instead of the german one. The reason for this is that the german translation was horrible at some places in the game. Don´t know what Bizzard paid their translators for the job (wasn´t much as it seems) or if they simply used a bad translation software, but many things sound like they simply translated everything word-by-word. The effect are some... ahem... unwillingly funny sounding monster names, for example. :lol: That´s why many players use the english d2lang.dll. Just to let you know...

Anyways, good job with version 2.1! Actually, it´s still my favourite mod, I just love this great variety of items, uniques and runewords. It will probably be hard for your new mod to excel SiC, but I´m of course curios what tricks you still have in your bag. :D Keep up the good work!
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE BEFORE POSTING

Avatar image is Scrat from 'IceAge' by Blue Sky Studios and Twentieth Century Fox

turanic prowler mark.

Post by turanic prowler mark. » Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:24 pm

all i can say is .. a great mod 8)
starcraft mod 40 % done!

xantus

Post by xantus » Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:43 am

something about my computer prevents me from seeing npc text boxes anymore :(, i can hear the voices, but i miss all the hints because the textbox doesnt pop up :(

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:38 pm

When in the game, hit the Esc key to get the Options menu. In Sound options, one of them selects NPC speeches as Text, Audio, or Text and Audio. Make sure you have it on Text or Text and Audio.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

xantus

Post by xantus » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:27 pm

wow,m i cant believe i was that dumb :P haha, i must have checked that like... a million times :D

DreamBreaker
Paladin

bugs!?

Post by DreamBreaker » Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:04 pm

Hi everybody!
I'm french (nobody is perfect ;) ) and so i play with the french version of the game (maybe one of the worst tranlated game i never seen!!)

I just try this mod 2 days ago, and i notice a couple of bugs in my version.

-- in the description of the gems and others soketable (but not rune and jewels), all the percentages end some others number (maybe the ones whitch are randomized when soketed) just don't remain stables and keep changing values --> very painfull for the eyes. It comes to normal after soketed on equipment.
-- some monsters which are "harmless" or "legless" versions of Bosses (made on purpose?) become sometimes "wholes"...

+i'm not sure it's bug so i want to know:
-- the miccellaneous objects and gems dropping rate is HUGGGEEE (maybe 2 or 3 miscellaneous by monsters, and a gem or stone every 10 monsters) in opposite, the equipment dropping rate is quite poor...
-- what are mage swords? i'm playing a sorceress(the new powers are SOO COOLLS)and i find several swords whitch gave +to some sorceress skills points, but NOT allows me to use the locus spells.
-- are the price calculator normal?? some staves cost already 400000 gold and some barbarian related armor almost 1000000 !!! I'm only at level 24!

that's all for now, but i'm only at 3rd act in normal difficulty...
see you soon for new bugs...(well, i hope no ;) )
I'm just a french fan..

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:02 pm

The "partial body" monsters do become whole-body creature upon death in many cases...

Fluctuating gem values may be removed in version 2.2. I had wanted random values, but it seems there is a bug in the game in which you get a random value in the range at first, but then the next time you play the game, the value will be right in the middle of the min and max range. So, there's not much value it seems in having ranges anyway, thus I'm going to try to remember to fix that before I release version 2.2

Mage Swords are a two-handed sword for sorcs. The normal version of the item is called a mage sword. The exceptional and elite versions have similar names. The sword you are probably referring to is the astral razor or something like that, which will NOT allow locus spells. Almost any two-handed weapon will actually allow casting of locus spells, really. So theoretically, if you could lift a great maul, you could cast locus spells. It's a small bug in the mod.

Sorry that equipment isn't dropping as often as you'd like...certain monsters are set up to only drop special new items...but most monsters should still drop weapons and armor much like in the past. On the other hand, getting rich is fairly easy in this mod, so you can buy stuff.

The expensive items probably have to do with high-level spell bonuses spawning on the items early in the game.
-Jeff Bouley

Adam Diggins
Location: My Command center/Shrine/Lair/comproom on the Hell Hammer

Post by Adam Diggins » Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:30 am

I think we need a one handed weapon that can cast locust spells jeff ;)
The light @ the end of the tunnel is usually an incoming prime evil!!!

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Dec 07, 2002 6:19 pm

It's a common request, but defeats the intended purpose of the locus skills, which is that both hands are tied up focusing your energy through the staff or mage sword, with those skills being more powerful (unless I'm flubbed up somewhere) than any other skill tree as compensation for not being able to use a shield.

Besides, the wasy the item requirement is set up in the skills file, you must have a two-handed weapon to cast the spells. If I make a one-handed item that is classed as a two-handed one, the sorc will be empty-handed (weapon there but invisible) but holding her hands as if she had a staff in them.

And I'm not sure I can add a new item into skills.txt or make a new itemtype to add in there. The item requirement columns in skills.txt seem to be pretty touchy and limited about what they will accept, which is one of the reasons I set up locus skills the way I did.

I'll think on this...but since my beta has already been delayed until sometime early this coming week due to a big project a client handed me last this past week...I'm not sure if I have time to not only figure out how to beat the item requirement columns in skills.txt AND have time to create a suitable one-handed item or set of one-handed items that will be sufficiently hard to get (or use) in order to prevent the locus tree from getting too powerful.

Of course, y'all might tell me that the locus tree really isn't that much better than the other two trees...in which case a I have a bigger problem: game balance. 8-O
-Jeff Bouley

DreamBreaker
Paladin

reporting bugs...

Post by DreamBreaker » Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:04 pm

Well it's ma again...
I just remember 2 potentialy bugs i encountered in Act1:
- when i entered in the zone just before the monastry, the weather was split: on the first side, the weather was cloudy and rainy, and on the other, it was sunny!! strange, isn't it?
- i encoutered 2 bosses at the charsi's hammer quest.... whith 2 horadric cubes to win...

I continu to play with my sorceress, and it's still fun :) but she sometimes get unable to move, like she's stuck on the floor.. :( (i must use a town portal to move again, but sometimes it's eaven doesn't work-->must reset..) is it a bug of the mod or its in blizzard's code?

And is it normal for Mephisto to be so easy to beat? And he's pretty generous whith unique too (roughly 2/4 each times)...
Wereas Diablo was tough and greedy (1 unique and somes soketables).

that's all for now, i hope.... ;)
I'm just a french fan..

Adam Diggins
Location: My Command center/Shrine/Lair/comproom on the Hell Hammer

Post by Adam Diggins » Sat Dec 07, 2002 9:11 pm

There is two bosses for everyone i think...4 in hell ;)
The light @ the end of the tunnel is usually an incoming prime evil!!!

40revs

Post by 40revs » Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:59 pm

1. The Dark Wood and Black Marsh are just that...Dark and Black. As soon as you get to the Tamoe Highland, it's sunny...like there's a curse over the previous 2 areas...I thought this was a nice touch, and it kinda surprised me when I first saw it.

2. Yes, Mephisto is easier to beat than a lot of monsters, not even bosses. And I think his drops are increased in this mod too. Not sure about that though.

3. I like the extra smiths...all with the same name...Mind Maw the Slasher, or something like that. You don't think one single smith could forge enough weapons for all those demons all by himself, do you? :D

4. About that moving problem...it's not the mod. I've had it happen a lot in regular LoD, and sometimes a Town Portal doesn't even get it done. Haven't experienced it with this mod yet though.

And Dreambreaker, if you think those items are expensive, check out the one I had. I posted it under Most Expensive Items Found. It's a piece of armor for over 8 million :)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:04 pm

I'll try to remember to toughen up Mephisto. Obviously, I didn't go far enough in increasing his hit points and boosting his skill levels. ;)

Dark Wood and Black Marsh are indeed purposely set to be dark...per their names. :)

The "extra" smith is an intentional minion. I used to have two assistants (I think I removed the additonal minions), but a small bug in the game spawns them all with the name Mind Maw the Slayer, which seemed weird...plus, three of those guys tended to be a bit much for Act 1 characters 8-O
-Jeff Bouley

DreamBreaker
Paladin

Post by DreamBreaker » Wed Dec 11, 2002 1:28 pm

well, maybe increase mephisto's hp and melee damages wil be enough...
His magics are powerfull enough :twisted: ! he just becomes easy once you get close to him :) ...
And why does he always drop rare and uniques? NO SETS, it's not fair, I want the good old meph-runs ! ;)

For the wheater changing, good idee. It was strange the firs time, but it make sense now.
I'm just a french fan..

Return to “Arcanum Archives”