I'm coming back to modding

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

I'm coming back to modding

Post by jbouley » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:48 am

It might be slow going at first, but I will be making my first D2 mod in some years by finally doing the Rise of the Old Gods project I announced way back when before real life swallowed me up.

Details to come soon...and I will be doing some housekeeping on this resurrected forum soon since everything here is old and related to Sanctuary in Chaos, Power Item and other mods that I made way back in the day.

In addition to the new mod, I will try to figure out if I can fix the Act 5 bug in the Power Item: Overdive mod that people still e-mail me about. No promises though.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Adam Diggins
Location: My Command center/Shrine/Lair/comproom on the Hell Hammer

Re: I'm coming back to modding

Post by Adam Diggins » Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:32 am

*Cracks knuckles*

Looks like we are back in business. :D
The light @ the end of the tunnel is usually an incoming prime evil!!!

Brother Laz
Forum Legend
Dominion

Hand-picked

Post by Brother Laz » Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:16 pm

Welcome to the Keep! Enjoy your stay, and check out the Terms of S... ;)

j/k, nice to see you back. It has been a long while. :D Everything okay in RL?
19.may.2007 | Adun Tori Laz.
Median XL released!
Flesyht sa ruobhgien yht etah.

y dont u play the game the way its supposta be played? -SlothNathan

Malachai29
Retired staff
Arch-Angel

Post by Malachai29 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:34 pm

*Dusts the cobwebs out of Charsi's Forge*

Welcome back, cant wait to see what ya come up with! :D

Mal
RIP Charsi's Forge! :)
Surgeon General's Warning: Double posting may be hazardous to your health

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:37 am

Brother Laz";p="359163" wrote:Welcome to the Keep! Enjoy your stay, and check out the Terms of S... ;)

j/k, nice to see you back. It has been a long while. :D Everything okay in RL?
Too many bills/debts...not enough money...but I have a beautiful wife, a wonderful 2-year-old girl who's amazing me every day with her development, and a great 16-year-old stepson...so I'll count the blessings as being better than the crap.

Been busy...still am pretty busy in fact, but after playing a bunch of other games, including a LOT of time playing Sacred, I felt the lure of D2 since it's so freaking moddable. I'm a bit rusty and have a lot of new stuff to learn, so I figure things will move slowly at first.

In fact, don't be surprised if I send you a couple PMs from time to time when I run into brick walls on skill modding. ;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

DavidB111
Paladin

Post by DavidB111 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:53 am

You're back! Alright! It's been a long time since we've talked, do you still remember me? :)

Welcome back and thanks for proving the old adage that life can take you away from Diablo, but Diablo will take you back eventually. Wahahaha.

Er, anyway, I think you might remember me. Glad to have you back, and I hope you have a great life away from modding too. :)

I don't know what to say, really...:)
"I am a Golden God!"

"You know, you're a real pain, I can't wait to get you down here."
"Um, well, with all due respect, I'm not a murdering warlord, I'm a member of the fifth estate!"
"Like I said, I can't wait to get you down here."
Lucifer to Nigel, on You are There, Season 6, Xena

Jest

Post by Jest » Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:39 pm

Welcome back Jeff! I remember back in the day when I first found the PK I thought to my self, man this JBouley guy is a genius! I started playing SiC and never went back to playing retail since. I didn't know about the forums so I didn't have a chance to thank you. So I'll do it now -- thank you Jeff. Its good to have you back in the modding scene. I hope everything in your life is going splendidly. I am really looking forward Rise of the Old Gods. Best of luck to you.

Jest (also Jeff)

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:38 am

David, Jest....thanks to both of you for the shout-out...nice to know that there are some other people out there among the mod players (aside from one or two people who have IM'ed me off and on over the past few years) who still remember me fondly. Just hope I do justice to y'all in this era of 1.10/1.11 modding with all the new tricks that are possible.

I also hope I won't take forever to get this mod done.
;)
-Jeff Bouley

Forgotten

Post by Forgotten » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:29 pm

I remember you :cool:
You certainly wouldnt remember me since its been like 4 years since i visited Phrozenkeep, or something around that time. 8-O

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:56 pm

Hey, it's always nice to be remembered, even I don't remember the person remembering me (ack!. that twisted my tongue and I wasn't even speaking it out loud).

:)
Last edited by jbouley on Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

Forgotten

Post by Forgotten » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:38 am

Hehe you definately wouldnt remember me :D
I made this lil newby mod named Star of the Dark Mage lol ;)

I made like 3 mods since that used more text editing and created loads of new things, but they always managed to take up too much space and get deleted, so i couldnt share it to the public.

I may return to modding soon and make something neat, even though it wont compare to some other mods here :oops:

Return to “Arcanum Archives”