My first CRASH in SiC

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

My first CRASH in SiC

Post by Max-Violence » Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:13 am

I was walkin' along in the Far Oasis (act2), EXP shrine active, killin' me some bad guys, when all of a sudden, the game crashes.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get a look at the error message. When I play the game again, I'll run it windowed so I can read the error message.

In the meantime, here's what I was fighting (in case it has to do with monsters):

Basilisks
Undead Scavengers
"Feeder Nests" (not sure what the deal is - only faught (and killed) one of 'em)
Those highly annoying Bug Swarm things (forget the name - immune physical, tho. Good thing I got plenty of elemental damage charms on me :D)
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Horacer77
Champion of the Light

Post by Horacer77 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 8:27 am

You can get the error from the debug file in your diablo dir. It starts with a d with the date following that. It will be at the bottom some where, start at the bottom and scroll up slowly you will find the error.

Will
Champion of the Light

Post by Will » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:48 pm

Jbouley, did you fix the world corruptors there yet?

*EDIT* you see, approaching a boss pack of World Corruptors will crash before they appear on the screen.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:15 am

As far as I know, all boss World Corruptors are gone from the game; this is the first crash problem I've heard of in ages...so I'm thinking (and praying) it's just one of those random flukes.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

40revs

Post by 40revs » Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:37 am

I've had a couple crashes too...making the huge charms. I've made the Lich Guardian Totem once....I tried to make it again to get a different suffix on it, and it crashed...don't recall the error, but I'm sure I could do it again to find out. Same with the one that takes the revenant heart...I haven't been able to get that to work yet...it crashes as soon as I hit transmute. So the recipe does work, it just crashes the game sometimes.

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Post by Max-Violence » Sun Nov 03, 2002 7:08 am

That crash musta been a random thing, 'cause it didn't happen again.

Which is good :D
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Return to “Arcanum Archives”