Christmas Gift! SiC v 2.2 Beta ready

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

BJ

Gold per level boosts in full set bonuses

Post by BJ » Sat Jan 04, 2003 12:19 am

Don't know if you're already otified, but they don't work. eg. + energy/level in spectral phantasmagoria, + mana/lvl in reign in circe, hratethos' mysterium (also the +life/lvl), + def and poison resist/level in ringmaster's... etc... Doesn't look like they even register.

- The joker's set, although giving around +100 in dex... won't last as the character plays on. Problem is, even while you add + 500-odd AR; in nightmare (before finding better sets) monsters won't be hit consistently to negate the loss of a shield (and its resists).
THings to add might include half enemy's defense (recommended, or more), and maybe % to teleport (just maybe...) if it works on other characters. Because curses don't stack, is it possible to have % cast auras?

- One thing on the ring masters...there is a reason for just 15% arcane razors right? :) I don't use the spell myself, but it doesn't trigger much to notice the effects with all the others around (not worry, I'm just haggling for 25% or something.)

SanSahanSan

Post by SanSahanSan » Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:43 am

FYI - God bless the rings of +20 to mana after each kill!!!!! My assassin is almost never without full mana now :)

As an aside however, I've noticed something peculiar about the Imperial Orb's 50% Lvl15 Arcane Razors. The poison effect is truly phenomenal (and looks really cool on an assassin hitting with Maras set!!!) - ON NORMAL. On nightmare and hell, the razors do not do any kind of damage to anything... I thought at first it was either resistances or perhaps I was not noticing... I played with a friendly necro so I could have a wall of minions blocking off the enemy from me and started examining the effects - nothing. No damage to anything from the razors, regardless of creature type. Popped back to normal and voila, everything was getting poisoned!
To say that you would prevent someone from doing something merely means that you would prefer them to find an alternative method for doing it.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Jan 04, 2003 4:40 am

I'm confused...Arcane Razors is either magic or lightning damage as I recall...not poison.

As for not doing damage in Nightmare and Hell...wow, I don't know what would cause that...first I've heard of it. But I'll poke around the files a bit to make sure I don't see anything weird.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

Post by Max-Violence » Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:12 am

Arcane Razors is indeed lightning damage, and at slvl 24, quite a lot of it :) It's my sorc's main spell, with a change to Hammer-O-God or Doomfall, depending on the monster's resist/immune type.

BTW, JB, you also might want to boost the mana cost of Arcane Razors. Little mana cost + no timer + lots of damage = uberness to the extremage. Triple the current mana cost would suffice.
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

SanSahanSan

Post by SanSahanSan » Sat Jan 04, 2003 6:23 am

My bad - BONE RAZORS :)

Bone Razors causes poison damage - its off the imperial orb guys :) - (I'm an assassin, how am I going to cast an arcane razor? Please? :))

Anyway - it seems to work some of the time in hell now :( but not in nightmare. I'm so confused by it now, I'm going to do a study on it for a while and figure out what the rhyme or reason is for it.

Hey Jeff - returning to the subject of mixmatching sets for a moment - I've been using Mara's set for a while... Got it socketed up to 1000+% MF, massive damage and leech (via socketing)... then found Natalyas Mark Set... I can almost wear them both except for the helm itself... think you could change Mara's helm to an amulet? I hate to ask but it would just be so frigging cooooool to wear both as an assassin :) and the helms are the only thing interfering :)

You'd have to use the weapon configs to do it, so you can't get the full set bonus from each, but you could swap by swapping weapon configs :) It's just so close of a thing I couldn't help but beg for it :)
To say that you would prevent someone from doing something merely means that you would prefer them to find an alternative method for doing it.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Sat Jan 04, 2003 7:43 am

> Max-Violence:

I wasn't sure if Arcane Razors was too uber. By making it a high-level skill, confining it to staff users by making it a Locus skill, and making the radius so tight, I figured that would help balance things out.

I was never sure if it would work as a true combat skill...though I knew it would be good for sorcs being mobbed by monsters. ;)

I'll think about adjusting the mana cost, definitely.

> SanSahanSan:

I'll give some thought to the mix-and-match issue, but I made the set as sort of a favor to Adam Diggins, and I'm hesitant to go changing any of the base item types.
Last edited by jbouley on Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

SanSahanSan

Post by SanSahanSan » Sat Jan 04, 2003 3:39 pm

I understand - it just looked reaally neat to wear both at the same time :) Don't worry about it too much, it's absorbing inventory space at the moment, which is always fun to deal with :) I leave the peice I'm not using at the moment in inventory, and wear the other.

On general principles, mixmatch of sets probably shouldn't happen too much - it makes them more powerful than rune words, which are supposed to be the most powerful items in the game, right? So here and there, mixmatch is aight, but too much of a good thing and all that...

Maras + Natalyas Mark + 2 rings of circle of life = no loss of mana ever, and survival provided there is something to leech off of :) I have the 50% life leech now (wraith totems, etc) and 3 70+ deadly strike chances!! I don't think you need to worry about mixmatch too much, you've done an awesome job with the sets the way they are.

SanSahanSan

Re: Christmas Gift! SiC v 2.2 Beta ready

Post by SanSahanSan » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:15 pm

Aight - I finally identified what was going on with the imperial orb...

I can host a game (regardless of difficulty) and while I am the only player, it works just fine, the bone razors poison and knockback everything almost all the time (wonderful little ability :) )

However, If I should join the necros (friend of mine on LAN) computer, it no longer works. Weirdest thing... I've quit and rejoined - no work. I go host, it works. Haven't tried him joining me yet (his necros behind my assassin on quests) so I don't know how that'll work yet. Also we have a third player on the LAN whos running a sorc, so we can try that as well.

Any ideas why joining a multiplayer game would cause the damage to dissappear???

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Sun Jan 05, 2003 7:37 pm

Is everybody running the same version? The game will be run at the host's version.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

SanSahanSan

Post by SanSahanSan » Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:22 pm

Umm... since we all are using the sets in the beta - yes, we are running the same version...

Adam Diggins
Location: My Command center/Shrine/Lair/comproom on the Hell Hammer

Post by Adam Diggins » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:02 am

Alliance & I play multiplayer alot & it works fine :)
The light @ the end of the tunnel is usually an incoming prime evil!!!

SanSahanSan

Post by SanSahanSan » Wed Jan 08, 2003 3:43 am

Just to clarify the issue a little bit for some of ya -

We run a 3 person LAN game involving an Assassin, Necromancer, and Sorceress. We identified the recipe for the Imperial Orb through some very convoluted means. I, the assassin, made the first one, the sorc the second, and the necromancer the third. I was the first to lvl 60 and started using its effects. What I observed was that occaisionally it would work, poisoning and knockbacking enemies all around me (lvl 15 bone razors, 50% chance, 146% increased attack from various bonuses means nearly continous bone razors :) ) - but equally often it would not.

Just recently I figured out it was NOT whenever I played in the necromancers game. Playing solo worked just fine all the time, even joing the sorcs game, it would work just fine.

Then, of course, I got really greedy and made 4 more orbs... Which you can do, just don't drop any cuz you can't pick 'em up (unique like).

This of course made illustrating the issue rather extraordinarily easy.

I don't have the time to level up multiple characters to lvl 60, so I can't tell you if it is ONLY an Assassin in a Necromancers game (though I can't imagine WHY it would be!) but I'll leave the issue up as an academic question :).

BJ

Post by BJ » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:57 pm

-The +30 vitality in the corpse hunger artifacts does not actually increase the amount of life on the character. Rather odd, yes, but tried it in both the barb and the necro, with no apparent affect on the life orb.

- The set grotesquerie lacks the resists while occupying the 4 main socketable item slots, a small bonus would be nice, if there's aren't many sockets available. This set is also made for the barb...

also, a reminder :mrgreen: to go through all the sets and modify the +stats, mana, life, etc... /level in the full set bonuses. Haven't looked at the + damage/lvl ones, but I'm pretty sure nothing else works, which really takes the power out of many sets. I s'pose you could back the current version up while asking bliz to patch the problem in 1.10 (it's not coming out anytime soon...) and meanwhile think of an alternate way for the bonuses...

One more question, how does AR affect hit rate if there is an ITD modifier?
Last edited by BJ on Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:01 am

Anyone know if the +/level stat work as partial set bonuses?

Really weird about vitality boosts not affecting hit points? Didn't someone mention a similar problem with energy and mana? Or does that one actually work?
Last edited by jbouley on Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff Bouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Jan 16, 2003 5:35 am

BJ" wrote:One more question, how does AR affect hit rate if there is an ITD modifier?
I'm not sure of the the technical specifics of this, but it would be the same as attacking a monster with a defensive rating of zero (except for bosses and unique monsters, who are immune to ITD)
-Jeff Bouley

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:57 pm

I've made adjustments to set items that should remove the bugs and powers that don't work and/or don't display. I think I have compensated and manuevered sufficiently that the sets should still be powerful and flexible. This includes, among other things, adding sockets to several of the items.

I have a couple other minor things to do, and should have the official 2.2 ready by the middle of this week.
-Jeff Bouley

Return to “Arcanum Archives”