How does Vengeance work?

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

Max-Violence
Paladin
Location: ZzzzZZZzzzzzzZ?ZZzzzzZ?Zzzzzzzz?...zzzzzzz?zzzZZZzzz...

How does Vengeance work?

Post by Max-Violence » Mon Jan 13, 2003 9:13 pm

How does the Paladin's combat skill Vengeance work? Does it "boost" the elemental damage you already have or does it add elemental damage by itself? Or is it like the barb's Berserk, and convert all damage to elemental damage? Ever since D2 first came out many moons ago, I've never understood exactly how it wprks.

Anyway, I put a point into Vengeance and I noticed it goes up a whopping 6% damage for the next level. Is that right? Can Paladins without the hol fire/holy lightning skills deal with phys immunes in Hell difficulty using Vengeance? A 6% increase in damage per level seems pretty lame to me -- I've never taken a paladin beyond Normal difficulty before, so I want to make sure I can survive against phys immunes when I get there :)
SiC 2.21 is out finally! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

BJ

Re: How does Vengeance work?

Post by BJ » Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:58 pm

The percentage on the screen when you hover the mouse over it, that's the amount of damage from ONE element (taken from the phyical damage your weapon normaly deals). There are 3 elements in all, so if your skills has the elemental damage on 100% you'll actually quadruple the effective damage if the monster has 0 resists. (thus 6% increase on each of fire, cold and lightning)

That's how it works the last time I've read it. I'm pretty sutre you'll be effective when it gets to hell mode. Of course, you'll have to get enough AR to hit the enemy first.

Return to “Arcanum Archives”