Bug in v2.20

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

No votes

Total votes: 0

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Re: Bug in v2.20

Post by Myhrginoc » Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:52 am

It is a Blizzard bug, not a mod bug, although in vanilla D2 you don't have skills and skilltab affixes on jewels, runes and gems.

When you socket anything that has skills or skilltabs adders, you sum both the strength of the affix and the skill/tab ID numbers. The result will be some other valid skill/tab (unlikely) or something the game cannot handle (likely). What you see in these shots is the second case. Actually, the screwy affixes in your screenshots are raw display fields from the tbl files, because the game is trying to match a string key to its display record. The shadow plate has a five-line "affix" that is actually dialog, and since affix display runs backwards the dialog is fed into the screen in reverse line order. The other affix with the %d in it is the base string which isn't being loaded with a value (%d is a numeric format specifier).
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Wed Jun 18, 2003 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Jun 18, 2003 4:02 am

And that's why both the readme file for the mod AND a clue in the game both warn against this kind of socketing. ;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

BJ

Post by BJ » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:46 pm

Hey, is there supposed to be tome of identify charges (partial set bonus) when you have both ringmaster set rings? I think it's triggering a deadly crash when you open the skillz quick buttons.

That, or something, I took one off and it's fine though.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:57 pm

I'll look into that.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Madness

Post by Madness » Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:28 am

hey Jb, y don't your ummmm i 4get what there called(they are real pointy and have random +1 or +2 things to certin skills) their soketable too, i was just wondering if u put more than 1 of the same type of that soketabe thing it gives bonuses to diff skills
Ma[fade]dness.......[/fade]?

[sub][fade]I am legally insane.[/fade][/sub]

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:22 pm

You're thinking of the various "fire blossom" gems.

If you put more than one in the same item, you will get weird, buggy effects.
-Jeff Bouley

Madness

Post by Madness » Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:07 pm

Yes, i'm aware of that, but is there anyway this can be fixed?
Ma[fade]dness.......[/fade]?

[sub][fade]I am legally insane.[/fade][/sub]

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:26 am

Nope. :(

This is one of many reasons I'm keen to move on from SiC and start new with the Rise of the Old Gods mod...many things that weren't possible in 1.09 are possible with 1.10; the things that aren't (and which I didn't know about before with SiC) I now know to avoid.
-Jeff Bouley

bloodcore

Post by bloodcore » Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:30 am

well, heres my two cents on bugs that ive seen, not gauranteed they are bugs but they are there, number one, i have noticed like others that some of the unique monsters drop full sets depending on the difficulty, grizwold drops his own full set, the armorer drops mavinas full set, and one of the counsil before meph drops trangs full set, even more than 2 and 3 ive seen, some drop in travincal, then in durance of hate lvl 3. i dont know if that was purposely done or what. number two, while playing in the realm with sic 2.2, my lvl 22 barbarian wasnt able to distribute pts on skills after lvl 20, i dont know if thats cuz of the 2.21b test realm or what, but it happened about 12 hrs before the test. the last thing i was wondering about is the unique jewel charm "seafoam lens" that is made with a perf sapphire, for some reason, in version 2.2 this recipe does not work e.g. gem creche, any jewel, perfect sapphire, ancient engraved bowl=no change. Well, dont sweat things too bad Jeff :mrgreen: ur mod still owns and im sure you will get around to things when you get around to things, peace out and thx

Return to “Arcanum Archives”