Sorcs crash and file corrupts

Information and updates for the Sanctuary in Chaos mod, the Power Item mod, and and any other mods made before Rise of the Old Gods. These mods are no longer being updated or altered.

Moderator: jbouley

Hoop

Sorcs crash and file corrupts

Post by Hoop » Thu Feb 27, 2003 12:30 am

"Unhandled exception - access violation."

I've tried twice to take a sorc through this excellent mod (v2.2) and both times they've gone ok for a while and then just crashed both in the first chapter. I think they both crashed with the above legend, the first then wouldn't reload at all, and the second was just starting out so I frankly haven't tried to get her back.

Is this a common fault with the mod, or just me. (my other characters are doing fine, though my necro is so weedy he seldom gets out of the gates first time before some light weight splats him).

I'm something of a newbie at this so I apologise if the above is lacking in more useful info. Feedback = progression is my hope.

Cheers.

Hoop

BJ

Re: Sorcs crash and file corrupts

Post by BJ » Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:10 am

I guess the first thing is, where did you crash? Opening a stash? Picking up an item or using it? Tried to use a skill?
While moving through the cold plains?

THere IS a known bug with Bishibosh which generates the access violation, when the items are bad and you walk near him so that the program tries to create the monster. THis happens some/most of the time.

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:12 am

Sorry to hear that, Hoop. As already mentioned, it's hard to know without knowing more details and if the circumstances were similar both times.

Even with the info, I might not be able to figure it out, since a lot of these crashes are isolated and inconsistent. Let me know more if you can, though, and I'll try to figure it out.

Also, if you can print out the error log...I can never remember where you find those, but they can sometimes be illuminating.
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Hoop

Post by Hoop » Thu Feb 27, 2003 10:52 am

Cheers for the quick replies folks.

I afterwards wondered if the several mods I've played before across this install of LoD, despite cleaning between them, have left over files that are interferring with each other, so I've uninstalled the game and am doing a reinstall in a moment. (Fresh with SiC on top). (and my game savs carefully put back one at a time)

The only downside of this is that the aforementioned logs have probably vanished during the uninstall.

The second sorc froze during some melee combat in chapter 1 barely past the 1st quest.

If I get more of the same I shall return with better details...

Thanks again (it's a really lovely mod)

Hoop

jbouley
Retired Admin
Virtue

Hand-picked

Post by jbouley » Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:33 pm

Thanks for the kind words. :mrgreen:

I hope my mod treats you a bit kinder in the future ;)
-Jeff Bouley
A riddle wrapped within a mystery surrounded by an enigma -- served with a heaping side order of fried conundrum and a tall glass of puzzlement.
(Download my SiC mod [for 1.09] and other goodies) ---- (Read Phrozen Forums terms of service)

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:28 am

If you run any mod in its own directory underneath the D2 default directory, you shouldn't have any "crossover" problems. That is also the only way to have multiple -direct-txt mods without renaming directories each time. The scripts in our File Center make it easier to do so, but you can start a mod in its own directory from a shortcut.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Return to “Arcanum Archives”