Necro Army ? plz help

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

mr turnip

Necro Army ? plz help

Post by mr turnip » Thu May 30, 2002 7:44 pm

:twisted:

Well my first EVER necro is about lvl 20 and im enjoying the army aspect, but a little unsure about his future. I was wondering whether any of you guys know which skill i should be investing in for a powerful army(combined with amp damage),

- Skelies
- Vampires
- or Revives?

Any help (statistics would be appriciated :D ) would be much appriciated,

Cheers
Mistreat turnips and they will mistreat you, remember that or they'll mess you up bad.

JrEye
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by JrEye » Thu May 30, 2002 10:22 pm

As a pretty good necro Max mastery and Vamps at least. Just remember that mana costs rise alot as of now lvl 42 Vamp cost close to 200 mana per Vamp

My lvl 90 necro currently has:
Lvl 40 Undead Mastery, Lvl 27 Revives, Lvl 25 Skels, Lvl 42 Vamps

Currently I have +15 to Summoning Skills and +16 to the other trees. Revives only get useful as you get to higher lvls. Since when you revive something it copies its AI, the lower you are in the game the worse they are. Skels arent worth using after NM.

As for Stats heres how I stand:
Str 90, Dex 81, Vit 115, Ene 295, Stats pts left: 50
Life: 596, Mana: 1636
Zy-El Wiki | Facebook |
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix » Thu May 30, 2002 10:36 pm

If you're gonna use amp damage then go with skeles but they arent as good as vamps. If you decide to use vamps then go with lower resist because it actually helps the damage of vampire unlike amp damage with them. I also recommend going with some type of golem...either fire or iron because of the new iron golem recipies in the next beta ;)
There's a fine line between stupidity and honesty, in fact I'm bordering that line right now

†~£iFÈ iS ª £ëSsoÑ, YÒú £êaRn iT wHÈn yºÛ'Rê THroÜgH~†

ArchDimeron
Paladin

Post by ArchDimeron » Thu May 30, 2002 11:54 pm

Well, since the necro direct damage spells are being boosted, I would recommand to save some points incase pn and bs become really good. Both of those skills work well with vampires since they all use Lower resist. As for the merc, I would imagine either a mage merc from act3 or a conviction merc from act2 would be perfect.

JrEye
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by JrEye » Fri May 31, 2002 1:11 am

I have a lvl 90 Fire A3 merc, Lvl 17 LR and Lvl 36 BS :)
Zy-El Wiki | Facebook |

mr turnip

Post by mr turnip » Fri May 31, 2002 7:56 pm

8-O

well the mage thing seems cool, i thinkin me be gettin them. Ill also take the advice of using an iron golem because i quite simply think it will be wkd creating them from wkd items......

..........but would i be better with a fire golem if im using mages/lower resist?

hmmmmmm.....plz help me(again ;) )

currently ive got about 4 skelies and bloodgolem, aided by an act 2 merc with might ( i think, the one with treeheadwoodfist type blokes around you) and they seem to be kicking the hell outa the enemies, but then again it is only act 2 normal. Anyways once again any help on the golem choice would be appriciated.

Cheers
Mistreat turnips and they will mistreat you, remember that or they'll mess you up bad.

ArchDimeron
Paladin

Post by ArchDimeron » Fri May 31, 2002 8:56 pm

I wouldn't put a single point into fireGolem. Fire golem lost its fire aura, so it no longer draws monsters towards it. As far as golem gose, fire Golem is just another clay golem with more life and more damage.

mr turnip

Post by mr turnip » Fri May 31, 2002 9:31 pm

if fire golem has lost its ability to use holy fire id probably be best off just using iron golem wouldnt I? :?:

mr turnip

Post by mr turnip » Fri May 31, 2002 10:37 pm

:roll:

Sorry i read the message wrong ArchDimeron, iron golem it is :D

final decision is:

- Max Vamps
- Max Mastery
- Max lower resist
- Iron golem high as well as investing some into skills like summon resist, and keeping a few for improved skills in beta 6. U lot have helped greatly and its much appriciated,

Cheers

JrEye
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by JrEye » Sat Jun 01, 2002 12:42 am

Even without the fire aura it still attracts enemies. I put 1 in fire golem and it still kills fine. just 1 pt in any golem is fine since most necros have over +10 to all skills. Summon Res isnt worth Maxing, at least not in my opinion. My Summon Res is at lvl 17 (with +15 to skill in that tree) and my Vamps/Golems function just fine

EDIT: Maxing LR is a waste as Diminishing returns happens on LR. At least 1 pt and probly 10 max maybe less once you stop gaining a few % to lowering resist.
Zy-El Wiki | Facebook |

ArchDimeron
Paladin

Post by ArchDimeron » Sat Jun 01, 2002 3:00 am

I would only put 1 point into summon resist and lower resist. Since those skills ueses an extreme dimishning return formula, there is no point pumping them. Any summon necro would be walking around with at least +10 to all skills.

JrEye
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by JrEye » Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:59 am

I walk with +15/+16/+16 (Summon/Poison/Curse) on :D
Zy-El Wiki | Facebook |

mr turnip

Post by mr turnip » Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:51 pm

:oops:

sorry i didnt realise that the diminishing thingy was so huge, luckily i not go high enuf lvl yet so i not wasted my points, but still unsure on the golem.

I wont max the summon or lower resist anymore, still maxing vamps and probably mastery, but not sure on the golem.

Cheers

Return to “Eastern Sun”