Skill and Character Builds Discussion

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

pekoe

Re: Skill and Character Builds Discussion

Post by pekoe » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:15 am

looking for a mf character build not sure what class or skills mainly what items you have spedificly and how much mf you have obtained. Im sure there is a spread as farming and boss kills might be different. How much weaker does it make your character to be high in mf vs having usefull mods. A barb seems logical for mf due to luck of the ancients but is that a sway point? edit found an item luck of ancients that does entertain other classes

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:46 pm

Barb with dual swing is the best,you need no more than 200-300 % MF because of diminishing returns...GF is always good thou...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon May 02, 2016 12:00 pm

In a mod like Eastern Sun MF isn´t really needed. Most Uniques and nearly all Sets suck compare to Runewords and Rare Items. You should focus on clear speed. Beside for hearts, Lost Farm is the best place to farm. I would recommend a Immolation Sorc with an Act5 Merc. Once I farmed there all the wap up to lvl 100. For Nilathak Domain a Immo Sorc isnt the best char, unless you have godly EQ.

Edit: Current EQ on my lvl 98 Immo Sorc + Merc, SP plus slightly modified ES (new Item graphics, Tinker until 50, Maple for 12PG/DS, Auto Gold Pick Up)

Armor took me around 6hours to craft.. Lucky I got the perf Aura roll on the first try.

Immo Sorc Pics

PS: I reworked Iron Skin so it works for Mercs again. Still have to look into Masteriers, either they work but, arent displaced on screen, or they simply dont. I missed my Shield. If you can guess I´ll upload it next time. Even with this pretty good EQ my Sorc still can´t do P8 Nila Domain. Those Electro gigants and those flying tornado things still killing me..

Auto Gold Pick does wonders, as its much easier to get PGs and craft Maples.

Cheers
AlphA

blackduck

Post by blackduck » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:19 am

AlphA - The Real One" wrote:Jeweler's Ceremonial Armor of Aurora
Nice! I'm actually happy to see someone else going for the sockets and even the extra effort of rolling a decent Aurora on it. (I'd prefer Cleansing/Holy Freeze/Meditation/Vigor over Defiance but due to rarity any Aurora is just too sweet to be true.) What do you mean with when you say that it took 6 hours to "craft" it? Did you do some Horadric Cube rerolling to get it? Personally I tried to find one by visiting npc vendors repeatedly but only could get a couple of plain 6 socket Jeweler's until I was totally bored of teleporting between the vendor and the waypoint.

I'd swap the set of Rumours to a set of Goldark's Strap. They come with 2 sockets so at the worst they will give -10% enemy fire resistances and 2 sorc skills / slot. (Could be something else entirely depends what you want from your Jewels.) Perhaps slighly less damage (less -enemy resistances) than with the set of Rumours but the increased GF easily makes it worth it.

You can get more out of your charms if you make square charms out of small charms and reroll those as they will only take 4 slots of inventory space while having Grand Charm affixes with the open socket. Square charms just give way more for the inventory space they eat compared to any other charm. Making and rerolling them is not cheap but they sure are worth it. In theory something like...

+1 Sorc Fire Skills
+1 All skills
+106% Gold Find

...is possible from a single 2x2 charm that way. (Perfect Burning Square Charm of Greed with a perfect Knowledgeable Jewel of Greed with Ra-rune forging.) Of course this is the perfect rolls on everything and due to that we will never fill our inventories with this kind of goodies but still... they're worth it. (Really... even with plain burning charm and plain knowledgeable jewel you only lose on the Gold Find part. Or one can go with +1 sorc skills forged Salamander's stone instead of a Knowledgeable jewel for the extra -enemy resistances.)

Is your barbarian mercenary the one that uses Ancient's Call or the one that uses Battle Orders? Both would be very beneficial for your setup. Especially since your HP pool is only 5.5k. I know it can be tough to increase it on a sorceress but you should focus on that if you feel like developing her further. My HC Nova barbarian has over 25k (with 75 resists while under conviction and something like 120% damage reduction) hp and I still let my mercenary tank the Metalspark and his minions. I haven't worked too much on my mercenary yet so he dies pretty fast if I don't do some teleporting to keep him alive while fighting those nasties. He has something like 10~11k health with my high level Battle Orders.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:48 am

Maybe a stupid question there but how does the magic square charm reroll work? I've never heard of this before in like ever ...
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

blackduck

Post by blackduck » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:44 am

gogodanny" wrote:Maybe a stupid question there but how does the magic square charm reroll work? I've never heard of this before in like ever ...
Use Ancient Scroll #45 recipe to make a magic square charm. Then cube it with 2x blemished gems (or gemcan with enough gempoints) to reroll it. The game will pick the affix(es) from the Grand Charm's affix pool so basically the game considers the Square Charm being a Grand Charm.

(This makes no sense to me because this totally breaks the balance as the actual Grand Charms and especially Odd Charms are pointless when comparing them to the Square Charms. If one has the wealth to reroll the charms there is no point to ever make Odd Charms since Squares give the exact same stats but they are smaller.)

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:09 pm

@blackduck: oh thanks, didnt now about rerolling square charms. Sounds like a not intended feature to me. My merc use Ancient Call. Cast BO myself. Well beside those wyvern in Nilathaks Domain there isnt much that can kill me otherwise. Also lootwise its better to farm lost city as an Immolation Sorc. Only Char which could be faster in terms of farming is a Aura Pala which kills the entire screen with every aura tick, but that requires an incredible amount of Maples.

Cheers
AlphA

pinball

Post by pinball » Thu May 04, 2017 5:42 am

Hi. Can someone tell me how to download and install Auto Gold Pickup? Just joined this mod for a week and loving it, can't stop playing :D

Nice to see some people still around there. I have a lot of questions want to ask later so would be great if someone can reply.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Thu May 04, 2017 9:11 am

Hi there - thanks so much about that square charm info - this is simply incredible ... so sad I didn't know till now.

About the gold-autopick.

If you got the program already it's quite simple. you need to add the line d2picker=d2picker (or whatever the file is called) in the d2mod.ini file and paste the file in the folder. That's all.
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

xjasonlee

Post by xjasonlee » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:47 am

Lucifer - I'm building a frenzy gf barb because I saw you recommended it in lots of places.

Do you skip out on Fanaticism Aura completely? I see that you use an A2 Nightmare Might Mercenary

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:31 pm

I have a Double Swing Barb wit two Gluttony Death Blades,my Merc is running Fanat,Concentration,Defiance and Cleansing along with Might,since he can synergize Fanat and Concentration he gives more dmg than my own char could...

the best goldfinder cuz you can have two good weapons,and Double Swing gets a 50% Skill IAS so you swing pretty fast even if chilled...i did not max his GF by a longshot,but any area cleared nets around 10 million,except specials which bring around 20 millions a clear...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

xjasonlee

Post by xjasonlee » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:11 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:I have a Double Swing Barb wit two Gluttony Death Blades,my Merc is running Fanat,Concentration,Defiance and Cleansing along with Might,since he can synergize Fanat and Concentration he gives more dmg than my own char could...

the best goldfinder cuz you can have two good weapons,and Double Swing gets a 50% Skill IAS so you swing pretty fast even if chilled...i did not max his GF by a longshot,but any area cleared nets around 10 million,except specials which bring around 20 millions a clear...
What are you using for Fanaticism? I don't see it anywhere in your diary

My dual Gluttony atm are based Bless Scepter and Military Hammer - looking to get Military Hammers or HF Swords to replace whenever I can find them

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:29 pm

you actually took the time to read thru my diary...

thank you very much...

but i did not update my page for 2 + years,that was my beggining gear...my gear has been much improved since then...my GF barb now sports a Golden Scarab Kanji Runeword...GF around 2500%...i was mostly doing Obsidian and Skull melds on weapons for more dmg...some Skull Melds on Belt and Armor,Diamond melds on Gloves for +minimum dmg...and a lot of maples...maybe some 50 only on weapons...

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”