Skill and Character Builds Discussion

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

IronWarfare
Paladin

Re: Skill and Character Builds Discussion

Post by IronWarfare » Mon May 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Planning a cold necromancer with frozen spear: my goal is to have an insanely high -x% to enemy cold resistance. I was thinking about Doom as weapon, triple rumour of pain with -15 ecr, tons of icestorm shard, max low resistance, conviction of archdimeron helm and cold damage boost by act3 mercenary aura (and putting on him a fox runeword for even more cold damage). Is this build viable?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue May 21, 2013 6:08 am

Fox Runeword is useless for Act 3 Cold SOrceror...I plan something along those lines...BUT with Frozen Orb as the Main Skill...and Frozen Spear as backup...sure,it is viable with enough work on gear...

Edit:IronWarfare did you set up PlugY for Nez???Nez is a high quality mod too,I like it very much...since I seen your post there,I use PlugY 10 for Nez...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

IronWarfare
Paladin

Post by IronWarfare » Tue May 21, 2013 11:46 am

Frozen Orb? Is that good? With the right equipment it can reach lvl 100, but is the damage worthy? Doesn't the fox runeword aura add to base Act3 sorceror aura?

At the moment I've abandoned for a bit Nez: I find it quite difficult and slow, but maybe that's because there are not character build guides, gameplay guides, help, item database, tips etc....

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:38 pm

There are everything except for Char Builds(which are useless IMO since you will be finding Skill Books with up to +9 Skill Points and therefore will eventually have max every skill like in Zy-El)...

http://web.archive.org/web/200708241722 ... index.html

You got everything you need for Nez here,and if you need some tip just tell me your starting Class and which Lvl are you currently...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

IronWarfare
Paladin

Post by IronWarfare » Tue May 21, 2013 6:33 pm

I had a necromancer at lvl 20, and I've started also a Zon for goldfinding like in ES (don't sure if it works, but tons of cool items require much gold)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed May 22, 2013 7:10 am

Ah,yes a Necro is usually the best starting Farmer...not in Nez thou...He is good for most of the game,but if you go down the summoner route you will find it IMPOSSIBLE to kill ANY Bosses after Nightmare...you don't need to focus on GF early in Nez,it somehow comes automatically once your Char is strong enough to run the special areas...Just spend all of your money at Gheed and you'll get everything you need to pown the game...Not on Gambling but on Mystery Chests...

My staring Char was Necro,I played him to end of Nightmare with never going into the special areas(the monsters are owning my lvl 100+ Summons),after that I made a Assassin...I literally Powned everything in my way...with her I done Hell before I reached lvl 300,with some minimal tweaking...Special Areas with the Assassin are no prob...Javelin Hail is Javazon's golden Skill.and Multishot being Uber for Bowzons...You'll see,once you are lvl 30+ and can actually use some early Uniques you'll start powning...the Beginning is the hardest part of Nez...

Edit: and oh yea...the Fox Runeword does not add to the Cold Sorcerors Aura,if you equip it on him it will cycle between his Aura and Fox Aura every 2 seconds...better put some more usefull Aura on him,like Holy Freeze(it gets synergys from his PFC)or some other protection aura like Defiance(it also gets sinergyzed by his PFC)...

I bite down hard

IronWarfare
Paladin

Post by IronWarfare » Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 pm

IronWarfare" wrote:I had a necromancer at lvl 20, and I've started also a Zon for goldfinding like in ES (don't sure if it works, but tons of cool items require much gold)
Yeah, I've just put on him a Chains of Binding (it was collecting dust in my mule, at least I've found a use for that armor)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:31 am

Any suggestions for a weapon for a Elemental Form with Iron Claws and Maul??? Two Handed if possible...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:03 pm

Preferably anything that swings fast and does decent damage at the same time. I'm thinking either a Guardian or Death Reaper.

Note: Slow week. But Chillout is making progress. Got both elemental-tab rings made. I'm currently working on a +2/2 starter shaman wand (EDIT: finally rerolled a +2/2). I am considering archdimeron for this build (it was even suggested by Metro that it should be used, because of the conviction oskill), but that will bite on my dexterity; will have to replace that with a jewel or emerald.

Planning on d-stoning gold find on the rings. Not sure what I am going to use as amulet, perhaps beads of the guardian may do.

EDIT: Don't have it. CBF would've been useful. So I'll have to use a druid-craft amulet for the time being. He's making slow but sure progress.

EDIT 2: Made a druid-craft druid amulet. Required level 49. :( But it has +2 Druid skills, +18 all resist along with extra poison resist, strength, life boost. I have an Eye of the Beholder at 50 that I could use. Just started Act 4.

EDIT 3: Whoever's making the endlesswinter sorc halls page .. I'm inspired to try making a cold sorc now.. aargh! :P I am starting "ColdHearted".
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat May 25, 2013 5:51 pm

It's cpt_chaos...it does look good...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sat May 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Very interesting indeed.

I'm resuming my cold druid. I don't have enough resources for my sorceress yet.

EDIT: 32 and Act 5, I ran a few times down the main part of River of Flame to gather gold. I got some flawless gems in the course of it, not to mention a fair amount of gold and experience. Also my temp merc is an idiot -- didn't come with me to the chaos sanctuary but that's fine.. I cleared the seals and Diablo by myself. As a FYI I am using Tornado at 6 (before skill boosts) so I can spawn two per cast, to make it a little easier to hit cold-resistant and cold-immune monsters. Once I get my winter fury maxed I'm going to raise tornado (syn. to cyclone armor) before going for cyclone armor.

Rolled a junk rumour of pain into a more junky rumour of pain, so I tried again. -15% FIRE resistance. Aargh. So another reroll, and it became junky again.
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:01 pm

Yea,rerolling RoP's is a pain...I feel for ya man..hey if ya got some with -15 to Lightning I could trade you one of my - 15 Cold if you want???

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sun May 26, 2013 12:38 pm

No luck on that either, I think the closest with lightning is -13% and it's on a thunder barb..

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:26 pm

Yo Psycho,wanna make a Craftsman Tourny rules with me??? I got bore of the HC Challenge and need something to rest from it,and as it seems both Nameless and Hans dissapeared and who knows when they will be back...

I figure something along these lines...

1.Death = Elimination
2.Up to three( 3 ) attempts allowed(must be with a different Class every time)
3.Gear Restrictions = Normal,Magic and Craft(does not apply to Jewels and Charms),NO Runewords allowed,Gemwords Allowed ONLY in Normal and Nightmare,by the time you enter Hell you MUST wear all Crafts
4. Muling OFF is allowed
5.Special Areas are a No Go till Baal of the Difficulty has been Slain
6.Player Setting used will be 4 by default,you can up it more if you wish,but you can't lower it below 4 at any time
7.Unlimited Rerun of areas

WayPoints and Quest along with your Crafted Gear will be used for Scoring,maybe you could come up with a scoring system of some sort,we could keep it simple like Waypoint Normal = 5 Points,Nightmare = 10 Points,Hell = 15 Points,Quests Normal = 10 Points,Nightmare = 15 Points,Hell = 20 Points,Craft Gear LOD Recipe = 5 Points,Craft Gear Class Recipe = 10 Points...hmmmm...this actually looks simple and good enough...What say you??? And the Others??? Will there be at least 4-5 persons participating???

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:39 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:Yo Psycho,wanna make a Craftsman Tourny rules with me??? I got bore of the HC Challenge and need something to rest from it,and as it seems both Nameless and Hans dissapeared and who knows when they will be back...

I figure something along these lines...

1.Death = Elimination
2.Up to three( 3 ) attempts allowed(must be with a different Class every time)
3.Gear Restrictions = Normal,Magic and Craft(does not apply to Jewels and Charms),NO Runewords allowed,Gemwords Allowed ONLY in Normal and Nightmare,by the time you enter Hell you MUST wear all Crafts
4. Muling OFF is allowed
5.Special Areas are a No Go till Baal of the Difficulty has been Slain
6.Player Setting used will be 4 by default,you can up it more if you wish,but you can't lower it below 4 at any time
7.Unlimited Rerun of areas

WayPoints and Quest along with your Crafted Gear will be used for Scoring,maybe you could come up with a scoring system of some sort,we could keep it simple like Waypoint Normal = 5 Points,Nightmare = 10 Points,Hell = 15 Points,Quests Normal = 10 Points,Nightmare = 15 Points,Hell = 20 Points,Craft Gear LOD Recipe = 5 Points,Craft Gear Class Recipe = 10 Points...hmmmm...this actually looks simple and good enough...What say you??? And the Others??? Will there be at least 4-5 persons participating???
I'd rather try unlimited attempts. The only thing stating that if your next attempt is doing better than the previous, the previous character is removed from the board. The 1 life rule can remain.

No oskill gemwords.

Going for Nihlathak is a risk for some players especially with /p4, so I am considering a multiplier bonus for obtaining all waypoints, completing Domain and completing difficulty. You can only gain the bonus once. It is something like this:

All waypoints obtained: +0.05 per act except act 4, act 4 and 5 will be combined
Difficulty completed: +0.05 Normal, +0.10 Nightmare and again for Hell
Killing Nihlathak: +0.15 Normal, +0.20 Nightmare, +0.35 Hell

1.55 multiplier bonus to be had. Considering this is tacked onto a normal 1x, scores can be multiplied by 2.55 for the pure completionist.

Now, for gear.

Legacy craft:
Craft and wear a ring or amulet: 4
Craft and wear a normal item: 10
Craft and wear an exceptional item: 20
Craft and wear an elite item: 30
Two-handed items get twice the bonus.

Class craft:
Craft and wear a ring or amulet: 8
Craft and wear a normal item: 15
Craft and wear an exceptional item: 30
Craft and wear an elite item: 45
Two-handed items get twice the bonus.

These values can be adjusted.

Mercenary wearing: Follow the same guidelines. However, for ANY craft amulet or ring is 5, so nobody is carrying around barbarians all the time. Two-handed bonus carries as well, so you can get 90 for an elite 2H, or a 1H/shield for the act 3 merc.

Quests: Finishing all quests in an act will get you 3 for Normal, 6 for Nightmare and 10 for Hell. This encourages completion. It also encourages attempt to go after Nihlathak in Act 5.

So down here it would be something like this:

Code: Select all

Name (class)                Lvl  Prog     Equip      GPM       Total     Status
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Notepad++ is your best friend)
Prog: Quests completion
Equip: total of all equipment worn
GPM: Game Progress Multiplier, start at 1 and add any multiplier bonuses.
Total: (Prog + Equip) * GPM .. cut off any decimals.
Status: Nothing means character is alive. RIP: dead. RET: retired from play. A RET player has higher priority over RIP. An alive player has priority over a RET player.

A player with a Lvl higher than another with the same total has higher prirority.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon May 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Cool,so I am up for it,anybody else???

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon May 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Think this is actually worth it? I am open to any suggestions as to tweaks.

Greedy, my double-swing barb, is halfway through act 5. As it is suggested, he's going to have dual "Gluttony" weapons eventually. Trying to build him up is a challenge with little extra equip.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:43 pm

Yea why not man,the most important thing is to have fun after all...let's wait a while to see if anybody else is interested...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:47 pm

I'll put up what I have in the tournament central thread then. It'll get some exposure there..

On that note, Greedy has two Larzuk's Aim Tribal Hatchets mainly for the skill boost and damage, not for throw though. He's a double-swinger. 57 seems so far away..

dis astranagant

Post by dis astranagant » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:00 am

How can I find out the IAS breakpoints for killer scythe with a knuckle weapon? Plugging hand to hand into the ias calculator on the wiki just makes it puke.

maxmage
Paladin

Post by maxmage » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:00 pm

okay so i had this idea... for a poor mans thunder barb.

okay so this is on the basis that a melee barb can go to the toughest places because he hits hard but tanks harder.
but using the same concept for for the thunder barb.

im sitting on 3.3 k life with 1 point in luck of the ancients 1 in strength of the ancients and 1 into vigor of the ancients iron skin and natural resists.
1 into shout bo and battle command when i switch to my bo swords the shouts are lvl
15 shout 18 bo and 15 battle command

and when i switch to attack setup (w)

17 strength of the cnients 17 luck of the ancients 20 vigor of the ancients 17b iron skin and 17 natural res

i have a total of 227 strength and 413 vitality.

im only lvl 66. and farming nightmare cows.

my skill setup is max thunder wave for taking hoards of weaker enemies
going toe to toe and getting a massive crowd of cows to to follow tank like a boss and take them all out in hoards and i lay the smack down with plasma rain.

my thunder wave is lvl 49 nova is 29 and plasma rain is 26

thunder wave is 8.6k and plasma rain is 11k

thunder wave has a short skill timer made even shorter is you can cast thunderwave quickly dont need much fcr to accoplish this 20-40 is enough.

plasma rain can be cast 3-4 times slower then blizzard it hink
before it stops stacking. because of the skill timer.

so your trippling the damage output per second.

sword of choice for this build is opposing desitny and rings of choice are rerolled barbarion rings that give 1-3 mastery barb only and i have 1 ring with +1 barb skills AND 3 to mastery i may be able to roll +1 all skills as well socket and forge a jewel that has +1 barb skills with a god rune to get +1 all.

later i plan on getting a 6 socketed sword filling +1 barb skils with god rune forgings

for +12 barb skills in each hand. +24. then im going to get a bunch of large charmes convert them so they can be socketed and put +1 barb jewels in them.

conviction will come from many sources and lower resist i can roll on a ring and i can always use ancients call.
power is only limited by understanding hence its possible to attain power far more powerful then unlimited or infinity
but if you cant comprehend such power
then such power is not possible for that individual....

well guys here is the asnwer to why you never get answer to your modding questions that have to do with features of other mods.
Myhrginoc wrote:The game does read bin files, but it is no trivial task. We haven't pursued the technique, it would be a huge chunk of code. And we repect the wishes of mod makers who don't include changed txt files because that would give away their secrets.

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I've seen such destruction with my usage of Klepto, the summoner druid, and several Might oskill items. Now I want to shift that over to my summoner necromancer Chase.

Here's my plan so far:

20 Raise Vampire
25 Raise Skeleton
30 Revive
30 Skeleton Mastery (Yes, last).

Though in theory I should max Raise Skeleton before Raise Vampire since it is more of a physical-based approach. My necro will run Might (of course), so that will leave a wide opening for my mercenary, which I am currently stuck on. My current thought is to stack auras-on-equip on an Act 5 Defense barbarian: "Fox", "Grand Leon", Hermes' Gift...

...while my armor will have "Stomach Ache" alongside a vital piece of equipment for most summoners: anything with oskill Teleport ("Saiyajin"). Though for the most part that will be on the off-switch later on, the weapon will be of primary use until I get a good summoner wand (That one unique on my mind but my brain farted). As far as shields go, I am divided between "Medicine" and anything else you could throw at me that could be better.

My plan: Both rings, amulet, gloves, boots, belt will have oskill Might. I have considered ArchDimeron but decided against it (- to stats!) and am thinking Servant's Leathers until something better I can think of..

Suggestions? Let me know.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:46 pm

for Helm,a Jewelers filled with Knowledgeable Jewels,also don't forget that Salvation on Equip also makes your summons UNfreezable if their resists go beyond 100 with Summon Res and Salvation,also Def Barb CAN equip a Shield if ya give him a one handed weapon,extra slot for Aura on Equip...Shiled maybe Crafted Necro with Jewelers affix would be best...you will be needing lots of +Skills...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:48 pm

Necro is on hold, I'm having too much fun with my summoner druid.

Current setup:

Weapon: "Nature's Kingdom" in a Rune Staff
Armor: "Stomach Ache" (Cleansing)
Gloves, Belt, Ring1, Ring2, Amulet: +Might oskill
Helm: "Learned One" yeah I overshot this one.
Boots: Placeholder

Merc is an Act 5 Defense barb

Weapon: "Grand Leon" Gothic Sword, will up his weapon later
Armor: "Fox" (Protection From Cold)
Helm: Placeholder
Gloves: "Mighty" procs Amplify Damage
Belt: Placeholder
Boots: Gore Rider (LoD War Boots)
Ring1, Ring2: Lifesteal
Amulet: +All Resistance

You can equip shields on defense barbs with 1H swords? Huh. Sounds weird, but might want to try it out. What would I install on him anyway? Something with a useful AOE, perhaps.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:20 am

Envy can be made in Shields,or you could give im the shield with 75%DR,forgot the name,I think Blinn or Metro found that out about Barb Merc being able to use Shield...

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”