Skill and Character Builds Discussion

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

dawe1313
Champion of the Light

Skill and Character Builds Discussion

Post by dawe1313 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:10 pm

(Index and Links added by tsuru)

The index and links had been updated by tsuru, but are going to be moved to ES Wiki - Character Builds, so that everyone can add and update your own links.

Now I consider posting multiple topics into this single thread is inconvenient for browsing. Please post any new character builds and tactics as a new thread, or a new Wiki page, both of which have its own merit. A thread would be better when the build is developing and needs more discussion. A Wiki page would be better when you like to use images, tables and other formatting functions.

Index of This Thread
This index hasn't moved to ES Wiki yet. Hope some guy will convert each topic to a Wiki page, since it's difficult to link to the topics, which exists over pages.
page 1
Druid Summoner (toshirozawa)
Cinderspark Barbarian (tsuru)
Frenzy Barbarian (Maxx Power)
Avenger - Vengence Paladin (Incompetent)
Arctic Blast Druid (RageTheSage)
Poison Stream Trapsin (snuva)
The DAC-Bowazon - Eagle Eyed Strafer (Stabby_McTwist)
page 2
Rose - Pure Fire Immolation Sorceress (kennz)
Annihilator - Annihilate Paladin (30-30)
Vindicator - Smite Paladin (Incompetent)
Trapper Discussion
Breaking Immunity Discussion
page 3
Blade Fury Necro Discussion

Character Build Links
Moved.

Tactics/Tips
Moved.
-----
here is another topic request from tsuru.

We want /you to post your favorite skill combos/strategies from the "N" series patches. any level, any class, any skill, as long as it is from the "N" series of patches. tsuru wants some feedback (i think he just likes to tinker ;))

help out the newbies to ES get a better feel of what's available in this most awesome mod :mrgreen:

maybe give some of the oldtimers a fresh look at things. :fence:

so, don't just :lurk: , put in your :2c:

one thing, try to put the class/build at the very beginning of your post, so people know what skills you're talking about. (not everyone plays every class :colors: )

This is NOT a bug thread. if you have a skill bug to report, do so here
Last edited by dawe1313 on Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:24 am, edited 28 times in total.
ES Tourney Scoresheets - Excel or free Open Office

cover your back, conserve ammo, and never deal with a dragon (graffitti from the Awakened world of Shadowrun)

Emerald2562000
Paladin

Re: ES3.00 "N" Series User Skill Strategies

Post by Emerald2562000 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:44 pm

Good Idea Dawe1313... BTW, your Gambling for Wands trick really works awesome for D-Stones. A Lot better than HOD Runs.

Well... Back on topic. As an amazon, I love Strafe/Multi Combo and then Legendary Arrow for the Boss (ANY). I have knowback on my bow (Keeps Boss away from you) and as a Bowazon (just as a sorc) you really should not be getting hit alot (another reason I really love knockback).

Knockback - A lot of people really don't like knockback because they constantly find themselves running after their target. My Tip - When fighting a Boss or tough Unique, try and pin them against something (rock, wall, anything) and then swich (if not already using) to Legendary Arrow. The DMG is huge and the pinned Boss will just sit there.

I'm by no means an elite PK Godly player, but this technique really works great for me.

Side Note for new players - This is commenly know to most players, but just in case you are new. Try and get to Act 5 as fast as you can! Act 5 gives AWESOME Experience and from town to the first WP is rather easy. Then all you do is start a game, go to first WP, run up a screen, kill unique and then run back to WP, down the stairs and kill Boss and company. Start a new game and do it again... Over and over and over! You'll find nice equipment, lots of gold and get tons of experience!
Last edited by Emerald2562000 on Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Insert Something Witty Here ~

colosssus
Paladin

Post by colosssus » Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:53 pm

Previously my Fav characters to play were ALWAYS Barbs, Pallys, and Assassins. Howver i wanted a change from that..so when i started this mod i switched to the Druid. Wow, i've certainly ended up playing him ALOT differently then i would have expected. Essentially, i use werewolf form, with a low to mid lvl hunger. That keeps me alive, and my mana full for spellcasting. i pretty much use firestorm for almost everything. If a monster is fire immune, then i attack regularly, i have the gem word on one of my equipment that lets me cast lower resist on striking, plus i use a weapon that has a different element then fire on it, with + to that element based on character level :) As well as 2 unique jewels that add to cold and lightning damage, while lowering enemies resistances to those elements :D My Druid has gone through norm and mightmare on players 8 with little trouble, and beaten hell players 1 many times!
All things shall be revealed through the passage of time

KOTR111788
Paladin

Post by KOTR111788 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:27 pm

Hey everyone. First let me say that i am happy to know i am becoming more known on these wonderful forums :D.

My first character on the N es, was an ele druid. Using Winter fury to considerably slow enemies and using the dmg of Fire skills such as molten boulder and Firestorm.The best part was probably the fact that an Ele Druid is a caster and doesnt require extremly good equip to make it through the game.

Once again thank everyone at the forums for excepting me into your great society and for all the help you have given me. :) :D :P

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:53 am

This isn't just an ES trick, but one of my favorite Bowazon tactics is liberal use of Decoy. In tricky areas, I cast an image as far forward as I can and see what comes rushing out. Very useful in the jungles for seeing what is across a river, before you try to cross that bridge. Even if something nasty is coming, Decoy gives me time to seek out a better position if I am way out in the open.

I have seen some Skill Master items with Decoy (unless my eyes are truly failing me), which makes this tactic viable for a non-Zon ES character who is at least L52.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

Phlebiac
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Phlebiac » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:30 pm

I just beat Baal in hell yesterday using a barb with phantom strike and call of the ancients.
This skill combo worked really good through all hell and is espacially good for clearing cows.
Only Act bosses and Physical Immunes are a pain even though phantom strike does magic damage.
I'd rather go to Africa and get eaten by an Elephant... Snoopy

Card carrying member of mentaldom since March 2007!

ZyEl Wiki

Sudaca

Post by Sudaca » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:16 pm

I love amazons, especially javazons and my skill tactics to play are actually quite simples.

My main attack is and will be Lightning of Fury.- Just Inmune Monster can stand for a while, because appart of lightning damage you will be doing hefty amounts of physical damage too. But when you face Physical and Lightning inmunes monster, you must change to Shadow Strike for doing Magical Damage in huge numbers. This way i have beaten Hell diff, soloing with players 5 in HC. A few points to all Pasive skills, will grant you good flexibility to face any challenge in your path. Also invest strongly in sinergies, try to look for the unique jewel that low resistant to light and if you like hire a Act 2 Hell Merc for Conviction.

That´s it.
Maldito Sudaca

a68tbird

Post by a68tbird » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:58 pm

Well, first of all - you freaked me out when I read your post and named ME specifically in it...then figured out you've got some tricky BBCode going on there! :D HA!

I'm currently playing an Assassin. Level 58, Nightmare right now.

Skills:
- Shadow Master (lvl 11)
- Burst of Speed (lvl 16)
- Cloak of Shadows (lvl 14)
and then it's Phoenix Strike (lvl 23) with Dragon Claw (lvl 14) finishing move. I keep Blade Sentinel on a quick key so that if I've got something that's taking a few more than 3 hits, I can throw out a couple of spinning blades. I find that with the Shadow Master, she's got full range of skills, and so throws out traps when necessary, or Pyschic Slash / Mind Blast to keep everything at bay. (although, I get a little frustrated when too many monsters get converted - and then I have to stand there and wait until they turn back - it slows me down!)

I'm wearing Vega's Elegance, with "Illustrious" Gothic Plate, "Grim Touch" crafted Sharkskin Gloves, "Ruin" Mesh boots, and class-specific rare rings and amulet which I keep pumping up with Deadly Strike (currently at 135% total DS).

I'm still waiting to find a Katana so that I can try out the Iagiri.

I usually play at /players4 - high enough to get half-decent drops and not too ridiculously hard that I or the SM or Merc keep dying. Rarely come across anything that stops me in my tracks. Suppose I could start playing at /players5 or more!

Cheers!

Jebbadiah
Champion of the Light

Post by Jebbadiah » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:39 pm

k, just read the thread and thought, wtf? Jebbadiah? now i realize there seem to be others with that nick :oops:

topicwise, i played a melee sorc, with all the new skills tsuru added she was quite mighty, managed nightmare easily with 'bout level 56, unfortunately i don't have too much time to play right now.

of course using fire shield, enchant, fanatic swing, aerial guard
and the combo: teleport into monster hord -> time stop -> static field -> time stop -> start killing with nice weapon

so long
Last edited by Jebbadiah on Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toshirozawa
Champion of the Light

Post by toshirozawa » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:30 am

Druid | Summoner - Level 91

I do not know if this is a skill combo, but anyways. I have all my points in summoning tree, except for 2, which were used to get me Winter Fury, which, of course, slows my enemies. Raven's give synergy to my elements and wolfs, so at the moment I got 6 dire wolves (4.5kdmg each) and 3 elements (10kdmg each). I use 'Rage' for my barb merc, which gives lv6 Fanatism to all my summons, and maxed heart of wolf. 'Spirit of the Forest' to give lv3 prayer aura, and 'Animal Friend' for lv6 Diviance Aura. For the physical immunes, my barb takes care of them with berserk, and of course, he has BC, BO, and Shout, which pumps my pets even futher. I will soon have a 'Dread' shield, which will give all my pets, and merc lv16 Thorns, reflecting 800% of damage received. On top of all that, my 'Silvasa Dress' gives me the ability to teleport, which allows me to concentrate my pets in on area, to take out a caster/healer/etc. Also allows for much better summoning control, where u can keep your pets from running off in other directing. An essential skill to have for any summoner.

All these skill and item synergies/combos allow me to pwn my way through 'Ancient Way', 'Icy Cellar' and ''Worldstone' in hell (places I use to level) with game set to 8 players. Druid summoner has never been so effective before. This mod really brought him out, as you can clearly see with my example.
Last edited by toshirozawa on Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Download sets at Crystal Clouds
¤ Ayumi Hamasaki - Unite (Alt+F4 Remx)
¤ Emphased Reality - Deviation (Original Mix)
¤ O' Callaghan & Kearney - Exactly (Original Mix)
¤ Sunchase Featuring Yana Kay - Remember Me (Ill.Skillz Remix)

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:06 am

While I was playing a Barb, I came across an interesting weapon in NM Act 1.

Cinderspark (Unique Burnt Wand)
30% Chance To Cast Lvl 20 Chain Lightning On Striking
30% Chance To Cast Lvl 20 Meteor On Striking
+1 To All Skill Levels
+3 To Fire Skills
30% Faster Cast Rate
Ignores Target's Defense
Adds 200-300 Fire Damage
Adds 1-500 Lightning Damage
-(10-15)% To Enemy Fire Resistance
-(10-15)% To Enemy Lightning Resistance

Awesome CtC skills and elemental damage, but this weapon has only 8-18 damage. Melee characters usually NEED tons of leech to stay alive, so little damage is a major drawback for melee chracters. Wands, orbs and staves often have huge elemental damage and such, which I think are designed to be used as the sub weapon when the spellcaster runs ouf of mana. The awesome CtC skills are not so overpowered as long as used by non-melee spellcasters.

But I found Barb's Double Swing (or Frenzy) can cover this drawback. Dual wielding Cinderspark and a good damage weapon gives enough leech, and the fast swing triggers CL and Meteor very often. Zeal also swings fast, but Zealots will be suffered from the lack of leech. :) I also found Ancients' Call works very fine with this.

Double Swing: 11+ (@slvl11, required mana is reduced to 0)
Ancients' Call: Max
BO: Max
Prereqs and Passives: as usual

Meteor has a cast delay, so your swing stops once in a while. And I'm afraid Level 20 CL and Meteor are not so awesome in mid and late Hell. But but it rocks anyway, at least in NM. :) Other weapons with good CtC and little damage will work fine as well.
Last edited by tsuru on Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maxx Power
Champion of the Light

Post by Maxx Power » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:39 pm

Wow me personally? I'm touched.

Anyways, here's my setup for my Frenzy barb as it stands:

Battle Orders : Max
Battle Command : Max (I'll explain later)
Frenzy : 1~Rest
Iron Skin : 1
Natural Resistance : 5
Axe Mastery : Max
Vigor Of Ancients : 1
Strength Of Ancients : 1
Luck Of Ancients : 1
Find Item : 1
Leap Attack : 1
Any Pre-Reqs

Double Swing is used until Frenzy. Get the Berserker set as soon as possible. Combine with the Achilles set and you're good to go until pretty much the end of NM. Frenzy is kept at one point and skill adders used to bump up the speed bonus, which is the main reason. Since Mastery gives much larger returns than Frenzy itself (and Frenzy goes up in mana cost) Axe Mastery is upded first. Battle Command is maxed for the following reason : Spending five points in Battle Command = +1 to everything else. In other words if you rely on more than five skills plonking those points in Battle Command can only be a plus. "Ancients" series set to base since they are good enough with adders attached to them. +Statistic bonuses aren't that hard to come by anyways. Speaking of stats, some tend to put in minimum strength and dexterity and then pump vitality. My personal preference is to bring vitality to 200 BEFORE VoA, and dexterity to 125 before pumping strength as far as it'll go. I usually start pumping vitality at the same time I start maxing BO. For the record I pump Mastery, followed by BO when I get it, then BC, then BO again, Mastery, and finally Frenzy itself. Also be sure to put in those 5 points into Natural Resistance as soon as the skill becomes available. Don't forget any pre-reqs.

I think that's everything...o yeah, equipment. Like I say get Berserker/Achilles combo going (dual Berserker axes, obviously :roll: ). Save your Normal and NM imbues to craft 2 * Naga axes into their unique variants. The Unique version of Nagas, Hacker, comes with level 2 fanaticism, so you can carry a hardier Might merc out of Nightmare. Plus these Axes just plain rock on their own. Gloves Heartrand's are probably the best Normal gloves, Suffocation of Indifferent Exceptional and Death's Grip for Hell. If you use anything but Death's Grip then socket a Perfect Emerald for PMH and Added Poison Damage. Otherwise something like an Obsidian Skull or a rune of choice. Anything that supplements your physical attack damage. Boots Heel of Blood would be good if it didn't have RIP on it, so avoid using if you've got corpse using allies. Boots of the Valiant are just amazing, and they're usually my end-game boots. Socket in a Perfect Ruby for maximum comfort or any rune that takes up the "slack" (life, defense, damage, whatever). Belt I prefer rare or crafted belts with the highest possible +to maximum resistance mods on it since most barbs will end up with a large overflow of resistances going to waste. Other belts of note are Timeloop, Battlecharge and Smiles of Fortune. Body armour and helm I usually end up with Hurja's Harmonic Rage set equipped in both, socketed to taste. Amulet try to get Smaqdoun's Painful Pride for same Cannot Be Frozen or another source of CBF on your jewellry. This is seriously needed late game.

Phew, that's the whole cabbous. Enjoy!

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:04 pm

Not only a goog Frenzy Barb guide but also a good equipment guide. :)
[quote=Maxx Power";p="250452"]Boots Heel of Blood would be good if it didn't have RIP on it, so avoid using if you've got corpse using allies.[/quote]

We may need a recipe to remove RIP, like removing Knockback from Ka rune. Adding RIP to any item won't be good, but removing RIP won't matter much, I think.

Incompetent
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Incompetent » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:56 pm

I haven't got far enough to really test this build out yet, but just looking at the synergies it looks like THE way to play an Avenger is as an Avenger/Elemental Ranger hybrid.

There are three variants: fire, cold and lightning. In each case you max Vengeance, Salvation, Protection from <your element>, Holy <your element>, and also invest in Sacred Piercer for the piercing (except for the fire variant).

The synergies are just crazy: Vengeance and Holy X both get boosted by everything else and Protection from X gets max absorb courtesy of Vengeance and Salvation (as do the other 2 Protection auras if you put a single point in them). Also, the Ranger and Avenger complement each other perfectly: the Avenger has the advantage of not worrying too much about enemy resistances, being able to use a shield and having a relatively free choice of aura, while the Ranger has the huge advantage of being able to deal death from afar, and can also hit several monsters with each arrow.

Fire: This is interesting IMO because there are ways of getting your Pally to fire exploding arrows. Now usually Exploding Arrow is seen as a bit of a silly skill, but it has the following hidden property: when an arrow explodes, any fire damage connected to the missile is applied over the whole radius of effect. That means if you use Holy Fire, your '+damage to your attack' bonus is spread over the whole AoE, and if you find equipment with good fire damage, that's good for the AoE as well. AFAIK your arrows will only explode if you fire normal arrows though, so don't bother putting points in Sacred Piercer.

It looks like a useful and easy way to get Exploding Arrows other than using a special bow is to wear Flashpoint Armor. This leaves you with a free choice of bow/xbow (the things to look for are Pierce, which is a must have, and some chunky fire damage).

Cold: Not the fastest killer, but one of the safest builds around if you're worried about getting killed. I don't know exactly how much slowing you get, but I think it's around 72% before +skills, ie nearly twice as good as ordinary chilling. With the monsters so slow, you'll have no trouble aiming or holding them back, and you can go in and out of melee at will.

Lightning: This has two strengths: firstly it allows you to become nearly immune to the most feared of the elements (by using Vengeance and Protection from Lightning), secondly Holy Shock adds the most damage of all the Holy auras.

With the cold and lightning variants, you could use throwing weapons instead of a bow. This gives the advantage of a shield, but the downside is no Sacred Piercer and less choice of weapon. Still, if you can get one of those fancy uniques with oskills...

Auras to use with Vengeance:
Conviction is the obvious complement to Vengeance, but for this build you don't need to max it, as synergies will ensure 1 point in Vengeance gives a very powerful aura. In any case, I think you're far better off using a Conviction mercenary if you can, as he'll help out when you're using your bow as well.
Better to use your formidable defensive auras: Protection auras will offer excellent absorb, Salvation is OK if for some reason you haven't maxed your resists (eg you're one of those mad people who go into melee without a shield), and 1 point Defiance will more than quadruple your defence (thanks to synergies and +skills), which is handy if you're facing mostly physical attacks.[/img]
Last edited by Incompetent on Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Incompetent
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Incompetent » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:26 am

(Separate post as this one is unrelated to the previous one, and over a month later).

The above idea is just an adaptation of a vanilla build. But this one is very much an ES special, as it needs specific items to function. It's still speculative, but it does show some of the wacky things you can come up with.

The Psychic Sorc is a sorc who kills things with... Telekinesis! At first glance this is the stupidest idea imaginable, the unterest of unter-builds. But there are a few things in Telekinesis' favour in ES:

1. The damage has been increased a lot. It's still not good, but it's not quite as laughable as vanilla.

2. Level 25 Telekinesis is nothing to write home about, and the synergies don't help much either. But now try putting on an 'Akira' runic helm and a pair of the second level unique Sorcerer's Bands. You now have level EIGHTY Telekinesis, if I've counted right, and that's before you've filled most of your equipment slots. Who's laughing now?

Edit: Looks like the website is wrong. Akira only gives +7 to Telekinesis (sorc only), so the item gives a total of +12 to the skill.

3. Telekinesis' other obvious weakness is that it only hits one monster at a time. This is annoying, but ES provides the perfect remedy: the 'Black' runeword has oskill Corpse Explosion! Pile on the '+ all skills' for a screenful of carnage.

There are also side benefits:

4. Energy Shield has been cruelly nerfed in Eastern Sun - without synergies it takes 300% damage. But you don't have to worry about that, because you already put most of your points in Energy Shield and/or its synergies, because they are none other than Telekinesis and its synergies. In addition, you might well put points in Shield, as that will also help Telekinesis. Et voila - the best Energy Shield around for no extra charge. Even better, your Telekinesis won't use any mana, so any blue stuff you accumulate will be pure tanky goodness.

5. Crazy levels of Static Field, which you should use liberally.
Last edited by Incompetent on Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myhrginoc
Retired Admin
Cherub
United States of America

Hand-picked

Post by Myhrginoc » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:49 am

Incompetent" wrote:2. Level 25 Telekinesis is nothing to write home about, and the synergies don't help much either. But now try putting on an 'Akira' runic helm and a pair of the second level unique Sorcerer's Bands. You now have level EIGHTY Telekinesis, if I've counted right, and that's before you've filled most of your equipment slots. Who's laughing now?

Edit: Looks like the website is wrong. Akira only gives +7 to Telekinesis (sorc only), so the item gives a total of +12 to the skill.
Stat item_singleskill allows a range from 0 to +7. Perhaps the runeword has the very high coding, but the stat limit rules. Unfortunately changing stat sizes means players have to strip their characters of all items...in extreme cases there is no option to use existing characters. Tsuru has already decided against using the nuclear option. The total +12 comes from +7 single skill, +3 oskill (hardcoded limit for same class as single skill) and +2 all skills.
Last edited by Myhrginoc on Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
~ Mark Twain
Run Diablo II in any version for mods: tutorial
The Terms of Service!! Know them, abide by them, and enjoy the forums at peace.
The Beginner's Guide v1.4: (MS Word | PDF) || Mod Running Scripts || TFW: Awakening

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:30 pm

Myhrginoc";p="255368" wrote:
Incompetent" wrote:2. Level 25 Telekinesis is nothing to write home about, and the synergies don't help much either. But now try putting on an 'Akira' runic helm and a pair of the second level unique Sorcerer's Bands. You now have level EIGHTY Telekinesis, if I've counted right, and that's before you've filled most of your equipment slots. Who's laughing now?

Stat item_singleskill allows a range from 0 to +7. Perhaps the runeword has the very high coding, but the stat limit rules. Unfortunately changing stat sizes means players have to strip their characters of all items...in extreme cases there is no option to use existing characters. Tsuru has already decided against using the nuclear option. The total +12 comes from +7 single skill, +3 oskill (hardcoded limit for same class as single skill) and +2 all skills.
The runeword page has been updated. Last time it had been discussed, I fixed the page of uniques and sets, but forgot to fix the runewords. :oops:

RageTheSage

Post by RageTheSage » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:20 pm

Howdy Gang!

New to ES(about two weeks now) and lovin' it. I've collected quite a selection of goodies, and whenever I complete a set I tend to make a new char to test it out.

By doing this I ran across an Artic Blast Druid

Gear: Blackwing's Impudence(druid only set)
Full set bonus is a whopping +50% to cold skill damage!

Main skills:
-Artic Blast (referred to as AB from now on)
-AB Synergies(Cyclone armor & Winter Fury)
-Many skill points left to your discretion

The beauty of this build is it's flexibility, AB is castable while shapeshifted(though invisible!?) so you can be a Shifter+Caster, or a summoner/caster...or a little of each if you choose.

The Payoff:
At lv 60, I'm doing over 50K/sec cold dmg with AB which worked beautiful up to hell.

Now I'm plagued with every other monster being cold immune, and even though AB does 1/2 it's cold damage as physical I'm having a slow go of it in A1 Hell(I'm guessing monster dmg reduction...). If I can slug it out to A2, I can hire a nice Convict Merc to aid with the immunities.

Some of you more experienced players might know of items to tweak this build out even further, but the basic gear is simple and has low(lv 16) reqs.

Cheers,
RTS

30-30
Paladin

Post by 30-30 » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:16 pm

Excuse my ignorance and the hijack, but what is the Wand Gambling trick for D-Stones?

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:33 pm

@30-30: Not sure about the D-Stones part.. but..
Wand gambling is when you take a low (Lv 1 is best) character and give him/her your money and gamble staffs/wands and selling them back sometimes making a profit.

@Rage: Here's another +45% Cold Skill Damage for ya.. though the cape is a bit high... :-/
Dragon Eye (Lv 10 unique Ring) Gives +5~15% Cold Skill Damage.
Lothar's Cape (Lv 76 unique Enchanted Cape) gives +5~15% CSD + 100 cold/0 sec, damage reduced by 20%, +30~45 all resists.

Snuva

Post by Snuva » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:56 pm

I started on this game less than a week ago and started with a trapsin. I first went for the Blade Fury's "slightly" improved version Poison Stream because the poison damage was very appealing. That skill got me all through normal (once I got it) and nightmare and was effective all the way even in Hell on most enemies with ~79k poison damage in the end, venom not maxed.

My backup skill was lightning sentry which got up to 1-9k damage with maxed DS and ~11 in Charged Bolt Sentry.

It was easy soloing all the way and I was wearing Achilles Set and the lvl 30 Sin set Motoko's Captivation.

I was easy to die if I went careless, but Shadow master with 1 point invested and Cloack of Shadows kept the going easy.

Poison Stream is definitely a skill to watch for and it shares a synergy with lightning traps: Death Sentry.

A guestion: I used Poison Stream (~75k) together with Venom (~4k), how does the poisons stack?
The poison lenght seemed to be 4s according to my observations

Snuva

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:29 am

[quote=Snuva";p="258596"]A guestion: I used Poison Stream (~75k) together with Venom (~4k), how does the poisons stack?[/quote]
Both skills' poison damages per frame are added, and the poison duration is capped at 10 frame (0.4 sec). Listed damage will be greatly reduced because you lose poison duration.

Poison Stream shoots missiles at 6 fpa, and 10 frame poison durations of the missiles overwrap each other. If you keep Poison Stream hitting enemy, the short poison duration doesn't matter. But Poison Stream uses AR, and if you miss a missile, the poison expires before the next missle comes and you lose some poison damage.

If you don't keep shooting Poison Stream, say switch to other skills frequently or use a hit and run tactics, the shorter poison duration would be a major drawback. You said you also use Lightning Sentry, so I'm afraid this is your case.

Snuva

Post by Snuva » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:35 am

I thought that would happen with the poison thing - getting reseted to 0.4 secs, but it doesn't.

I went ahead and did a little testing with my sin in blood moor. I stripped her off all items that effected my damage. So I had 1-3 melee damage with 0% CB and avg 2,7k Venom and 27k Poison Stream. The results were, interesting.

Without Venom, Poison Stream lasted around 4 secs in hell act 1 blood moor, zombies and skeletons.

With Venom, the poison (green enemy) stayed for 5-5,5 seconds definitely a noticeably longer than without venom. But what strucked me the most was that I was doing around double damage.

So with Venom and Poison Stream I was doing 2x damage in around 5,5secs compared to no-Venom 1x damage in 4secs.

The skills seem to be overlapping in a interesting way :)

Snuva

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:52 pm

The DAC-Bowazon Build

Code: Select all

[Press the double v button to see all]

Skill Name:               # Points (# With +Skills)
-----------               -------------------------
Decoy:                    8 Points (38)
Dodge:                    1 Points (31)
Avoid:                    1 Points (31)
Evade:                    1 Points (31)
Valkery:                 20 Points (57)
Critical*:                1 Points (31)
Penetrate:                1 Points (31)
Pierce*:                  0 Points (35)
Eagle Eye (max):         20 Points (50)

Multi Shot:               1 Points (35)
Guided:                   1 Points (37)
Legendary Arrow(max):    20 Points (51)
Strafe (max):            20 Points (54)
Freezing Arrow:           0 Points (39)

*  = w/ +skills gives 100% (Max benefit)
Slight update..
Last edited by Stabby_McTwist on Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tsuru
Retired staff
Principality

Post by tsuru » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:03 am

[quote=Snuva";p="258643"]Without Venom, Poison Stream lasted around 4 secs in hell act 1 blood moor, zombies and skeletons.

With Venom, the poison (green enemy) stayed for 5-5,5 seconds definitely a noticeably longer than without venom. But what strucked me the most was that I was doing around double damage.

So with Venom and Poison Stream I was doing 2x damage in around 5,5secs compared to no-Venom 1x damage in 4secs.

The skills seem to be overlapping in a interesting way :)[/quote]
A very helpful finding for Poison Stream Assassins. :) I couldn't imagine Venom works like that. Well, Poison Stream (Blade Fury) is something special. It's neither a pure damage spell, nor a pure weapon attack skill.

Return to “Eastern Sun”