Ask the Experts

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Re: Ask the Experts

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Yes, just copy past over the ES Com Patch folder. Should replace a few files.

Cheers
AlphA

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Where is ESR? Is it a zip file?

Carradar

Post by Carradar » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:01 am

Hi guys I`m playing ES and I`m after the set items. In Harrogath you can get some sort of coupons that have 5% to turn into set items. I was able to get the Hsaru set and the Blackwing set for druid. I now have 2 out of 3 Danarak items but i`m not sure how to get the Danarak Wrap - there is no Ghost Armor coupon. Is the RNG the only way to get this item?

Is it possible to socket charms? If yes - can you create +1 to all skills jewel?

How to increase my HP?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:17 am

You need to buy the normal version coupon of ghost armor in order to get it;).

Yes it's possible to sock charms. Check http://esdb.d2se.org/ [Recipes] - Secret Recipes 45-49. +1 all skills can only roll on magic jewels. You can use Rerolling Orb to reroll jewels.

Depends what build you are playing. Dstone/Tinker/Forge +Life/Max Life, get Oak Oskill, get Bo Oskill. Many ways to improve your Life for any char.

Cheers
AlphA

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:10 am

Found ESR zip and unzipped into Com 4n1 in D2SE, don't see any difference or sign of ESR. Must only work with mod without D2SE, Is that true? If so i'm out of luck.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:03 am

Works with and without D2SE. Check the readme. Did you overwrite any files? If yes it should work. If not your folder structure is wrong.

Cheers
AlphA

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:16 am

I wrote a post ---Now realize it was totally wrong, so deleted out'
Redid the whole mess and started all over.
Clean install. have sort of working. I know things are not quite right.
Overwrote comm 4N1 with ESR, but didnt remove things because I couldn't find them. Only thing I saw was the Utility.dll.
D2MOD didn't have any of things mentioned. Didn't look in the body of Diablo.
I would say I need to do more reading. A couple small problems for for me, I sure most don't notice--the colors are horrible and grainy. Also the little 4" x 6" size
Made the the change 14 bits to 9 bits . EditWent back to D2SE, it wont let me change from 14 to 9 :(

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:51 am

Not sure what you are talking about. Join our Discord. It will be much easier and faster to help you.

Cheers
AlphA

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:37 am

I'm on Discord as Old Bugger with Grim Dawn. How do I connect to here?

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:50 am

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:48 pm

I type in message, but how do you post?
I've never used Discord, one of my grandsons did.
Big question is, is it always dark?
Alpha saw your welcome on Discord

HarvestWombs
Senior Moderator
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by HarvestWombs » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Elad wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:48 pm
I type in message, but how do you post?
I've never used Discord, one of my grandsons did.
Big question is, is it always dark?
Alpha saw your welcome on Discord
By pressing Enter or Return will post message. To change to Light Theme go to your User Setting (Gear icon in bottom left corner by your username) > Appearance > Check Box for themes.
Official Phrozen Keep Discord
Common Modding tools: link
My Resource Packs: link

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:31 pm

Ok, Thanks

Carradar

Post by Carradar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:16 am

AlphA - The Real One I was able to join Discord /nickname Moore/, but I still would prefer to ask here.
Right now I`m going through Hardcore and I`m having huge problems - Acid Rain Druid + Water Elemental + Elemental Form + Iron Claw (All to Vitality and 100 Strength).
1. How do you kill Magic Immune creatures? I thought that they are squishy if you fight them in Elemental Form but my chance to hit them is bellow 10%.
2. There are Physical Immune creatures that I try to kill with magic spells - some of them I can`t kill with magic spells /spells deal low dmg/ and some of them I kill with 2 spells. What`s the difference?
3. When I combine magic rings, I get a rare ring. When I combine rare rings, I get one unique ring. Is there a way to trick the combination in order to get a druid ring or something that is useful to druid?
Well that`s for now.

Elad
Forum Regular
Angel
United States of America

Post by Elad » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:04 pm

If you put a Druid ring or amulet in last you will get a druid ring/amulet.

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:15 pm

I suddenly cannot get my gamble filter to work....I've set it over and over.....and quit the game over and over.....does not work. I haven't had issues with this in so long....but then, I probably haven't used it in so long, it was on my last computer, before I reinstalled ES on this one....something is obviously amiss.

Edit: Also not saving my maps, even after I set the Preferences to save them.

What the heck

Edit again: Where is everyone? I searched on my own but didn't get very far. Gamble filter doesn't work and maps won't save....both are MAJOR annoyances.....anyone?

Edit for the last time:

I finally figured this out on my own. Not sure I understand, but it works. Searched the forum here and found a post way back when, stating if you use Vista, you had to use the Gamble Filter with Admin Privelages.....hmm...use Win 7 on this laptop, but gave it a shot...it worked! Same for Preferences.....odd...but I will take it.....hope this helps someone else down the road avoid these frustrations.
Last edited by Billybgame on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

Billybgame
Forum Legend
Principality

Post by Billybgame » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:34 pm

What is the deal with the FORBIDDEN error pages, we get on this forum, when trying to post? I'm trying to figure out why I can't get my gamble filter or Preferences to work, and have to deal with FORBIDDEN also....enough to make you go postal.

This, I mean:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/posting.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it" ----George Santayana

archjelly

Post by archjelly » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:34 pm

Could anyone throw a quick look at my current items for my lvl 72 fury druid and suggest improvements? I lost all my chars so this is untwinked and I haven't kept up with improving them: https://imgur.com/a/CmZbobd

Link is for an imgur album with additional comments.

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:53 pm

@Billybgame: try breaking your post into sections to figure which word triggers the message.

@archjelly: To aquire a good dualmax takes times. Better to settle for a cheaper alternative for now. Either a craft (while trying to roll a dualmax) or a unique/rw with high damage/IAS and DS.

Not sure the annihilation aura is worth sacrificing the whole amulet slot. You can always dstone CB on your weapon. Same goes for the amor. You probably wanna go for the WO rune rw. Hard to beat it. Until then you could at least dstone your armor. (before adding the runes).

Hand of Atlas is a solid choice for gloves. In the end you probably want oskill gloves and convert them to shoes/belt. For thd helm I would also settle for a 3sox druid helm with as much + skills you can get or a diadem with a oskill + 3 sox.

Your rare ring is pretty good and it will be hard to find sth better. Maybe the lvl 75 class ring for the second slot or a teleport oskill ring?

Would go for a act2 aura stick merc. To keep your oak alive maybe put 1pt in wolves+bear to get some meatshields. Also try to get bo somehow to further buff your parties life.

Always forge if you can afford it. You wont lose your investment so its always worth it. Probably best area to farm is act5 all the way to nila for you.

Cheers
AlphA

archjelly

Post by archjelly » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:28 pm

Thanks for the reply @Alpha. I only just saw it now and I got more back into the game in the meantime. Here are some updated items: https://imgur.com/a/8VwxCKc#aJx8WAO
I know dualmax are hard but my current rare is probably better than most runewords for now. I made a deflective spikes which has some reduced damage% and some absorbs for now. Yeah amu is a weak spot. I have +might on it now, but still not that good.

oldirtybingo

Post by oldirtybingo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Hey every!
First of all - great work alpha.
I used to play ES about 5-8 years ago, and it was a great mod then, and even greater now.
I have two questions:
1:
There are some new things listed in the updated wiki (here: https://d2es.github.io/item-db/items/newstuff.htm).
Amongst which are recipes, that adds a way to use the aura stones to get conviction, and a recipe to turn empty ores into fake notes.
Are these still working?I havent tried using full ores for the recipe though.

2:
The link for this page (http://homepage3.nifty.com/miyoshino/es/es3cube_n.htm) seems to be dead.
The mod is ofc old, so im guessing that the wiki was moved but still, i am very curios as to curious.
I am currently on eastern sun rises patch h.

Thank you in advance!
Oldirty

AlphA - The Real One
Hosted Forum Moderator
Champion of the Light
Germany

Hand-picked

Post by AlphA - The Real One » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:59 pm

http://esdb.d2se.org/ is currently hosted by Seltsamuel. The one you linked is an alternative version of ES if I am not mistaken.

Cheers
AlphA

kenet
Ukraine

Post by kenet » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:50 am

Hi! I'm wondering which melee-build is better? Dragon Blade Assassin or Zeal Paladin?

Fafarn

Post by Fafarn » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:52 pm

Sorry for the forum being inactive. Probably way to late for an answer now, but I`m gonna try to answer never the less. I´m not that familiar with paladins in eastern sun, but generally melee sins are insanely strong in this mod. So if I had to guess, I'd go with the sin.

Return to “Eastern Sun”