Ask the Experts

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

niklaas

Re: Ask the Experts

Post by niklaas » Fri May 12, 2017 10:43 am

i'm almost about to finish NM and I haven't seen a single unique jewel so far since normal. so i asking for farm locations for good items and what lvl should I be in to get great mods on rolling rare weapon, i'm lvl 80 now.

thanks

blackduck

Post by blackduck » Sat May 13, 2017 1:19 pm

niklaas" wrote:i'm almost about to finish NM and I haven't seen a single unique jewel so far since normal. so i asking for farm locations for good items and what lvl should I be in to get great mods on rolling rare weapon, i'm lvl 80 now.

thanks
You can make 1 unique jewel from 49 magic jewels/7 rare jewels with the Ancient Scroll #30. I'd also suggest saving all low level unique rings and amulets as you can make a rare jewel for each 3 uniques with Ancient Scroll #29.

I'm not 100% sure but I think that ghost cows can drop all the unique jewels on nightmare difficulty. In that case ghost cows would probably be the best source from them since you will also collect a bunch of magic/rare jewels from there.

It is also possible to reroll the unique jewels to another type of unique jewels. In the longer run that does not really make sense as the recipe is rather expensive for each roll but with the first few unique jewels it can be a big help. (Unique Jewel + 2x Perfect Gems + Key => Unique Jewel of random type. If you dont add the stack of keys the recipe will just reroll the stats of the jewel.)

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Wed May 17, 2017 3:52 am

blackduck: wow thanks for that tip. going to convert those extra stuff when I get back later.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed May 17, 2017 9:43 am

Hi there - i'm on the verge of building up my Amazon to conquer the domain but I urgently need some BO Spears - is there any charlvl / vendor ... that provides the best chance for me to obtain some BO spears? (I'm talking oskill obviously :-) )- thanks
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein
http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?p ... hot051.jpg (WOW)

blackduck

Post by blackduck » Thu May 18, 2017 7:10 am

I once figured out the exact level required for some of Skill Masters items for my friend who was trying to find a Teleport helm from vendors. However I've forgotten how it went and just remember that my first guess was wrong (he did a lot of running between the wp and vendor for nothing... which was pretty embarrassing for me lol)

Battle Orders of Skillmaster -suffix has level of 56. I'll leave it for you to find out how the quality level (qlvl) of the base item and item level (ilvl) have effect on the possible affixes.

of Skillmaster affixes are fairly high level so there is not many affixes that are of higher level. Basically a higher level only allows some other skillmaster suffixes and some aurora suffixes. I wouldn't worry too much about trying to find it with a character that is exactly at the ideal level.

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Thu May 18, 2017 7:48 am

just finished NM, lvl 82. i want to know how to activate the uber diablo clone in SP and i got plenty of demon fruit. 1 more q, is call to arms runeword same as the LoD?

blackduck

Post by blackduck » Thu May 18, 2017 8:47 am

Extract Devil's Food from the Rerolling Orb and sell it to some npc. The first unique monster you will find will turn into Diablo Clone after that. The first waypoint in act 5 is pretty good as the bossmonsterpack is always right next to the waypoint.

Call to Arms should be exactly the same in ES. ( http://esdb.d2se.org/es3runew_n.htm )

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Thu May 18, 2017 9:05 am

Careful though - Uberdia packs a hefty punch and will destroy you easily if you aren't at least able to do some highlvl areas

well I tried shopping with lvl 51, 56, 61, 66 and 93 lvl chars ... none of which ever spawned a BO spear ... so far I tried for like 3h ... :-/
only 2 things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity ... although i'm not sure yet about the universe (c) Albert Einstein

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Thu May 18, 2017 12:03 pm

blackduck: thanks. i'll try to craft the runeword and upgrade my gears first.

gogodanny: took me a day and 2 nights just to get a BO spear act 4 shop

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Mon May 22, 2017 8:51 am

i want to farm hell. so how much resistance resistance should i least get to survive hell difficulty? i got 260 on the lowest element. most are 300 to 400 plus.

also, i've been thinking about adding poison damage to augment my physical damage.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Mon May 22, 2017 10:04 am

I would say that depends on the char. Some chars (amazon) can easily get by with 20-30 positive or even negative resists as they tend to be far away.

Other chars, especially melee should strive for 75 all (psn doesnt matter too much) - if you can also get +x to maxres it's even better.

However high life shouldn't be forgotten, especially against foes you can't leech off this may spell a quick demise otherwise.

If u're an assassin venom is pretty neat, but needs a real focus in synergies to be worthwhile. Iaigiri is usually the better choice for non elemental chars to quickly decimate unbreakable phys immunities

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Tue May 23, 2017 12:06 pm

gogodanny: thanks. i'm going to check to see if i have some life after kills. maybe i'm going to add those when i get new gear. i'm almost done dstoning merc gear, about to reskill sin and add more points in iaigiri and going in hell in a bit.

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Wed May 24, 2017 7:58 am

gogodanny: so far so good in hell for now, just rescued cain and killed uber diablo clone (sold 1 devil's food in act 5 NM) but his drops are meh so i want to reactivate again the event again. thanks

*edit* nvm, i just found out that restarting the game and selling another devil food spawns UDC again.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Wed May 24, 2017 8:20 am

If you want you could post your Items / skills here and the rest of the users could come up with suggestions how to twink it accordingly :)

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Thu May 25, 2017 4:35 am

gogodanny" wrote:If you want you could post your Items / skills here and the rest of the users could come up with suggestions how to twink it accordingly :)
will do if i get to finish hell.

atm, i'm crafting ring/amulets. which has a better chance of getting +8 to amplify damage, amulet or ring? i got a decrepify and teleport with rings but no amp dmg last night. tried earlier with amulets but nothing came up.

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Thu May 25, 2017 4:47 am

niklaas" wrote:
gogodanny" wrote:If you want you could post your Items / skills here and the rest of the users could come up with suggestions how to twink it accordingly :)
will do if i get to finish hell.

atm, i'm crafting ring/amulets. which has a better chance of getting an oskill +8 to amplify damage, amulet or ring? i got a decrepify and teleport with rings but no amp dmg last night. tried earlier with amulets but nothing came up.
*edit* sorry if I pressed the wrong button. i'm in a hurry atm

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu May 25, 2017 5:56 pm

to craft tose items with Oskill Amp you would have to do some math...I forgot how it goes but am sure there are topics in which it was discussed as Oskill Amp has a max Ilvl on which it spawns,i don't remember if it was 49 or 59,and as with crafting you get a 75% Ilvl item of the original you get the point,better roll rares for thet,but decrep is more usefull to have as a Oskill...

god damn i gotta reinstall this game...check out the Craftmania thread,it will give you some idea what can be gotten thru crafting and i have been saying for years here thet crafts are the best gear in ES...

EDIT?
GogoDanny - you can get BO javs in Nightmare as soon as your char is above clvl 50...i think...so much time passed from my last shopping spree i forgotten...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Fri May 26, 2017 10:05 am

Lucifer666: thanks, i'll try that later. where do I farm for runes for call to arms runeword? tried to farm NM baal for that ohm, after 10 tries he haven't dropped that yet.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Fri May 26, 2017 10:42 am

tbh what's most important in ES is a fast clearspeed. Make sure to farm an area with huge density (lost farm is a good example) and just annihilate enemies asap. Packs have the best chance of dropping worthwhile items.

I prefer areas like the 3 Gatelevels of Act5, bloodravens workshop, darkmagicians chamber ... they're quick to clear, have decent density and you dont need hours. Also many monsters there have multidrops and may also drop a jackpot. :-)

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Sat May 27, 2017 9:00 am

gogodanny: i'm still in act 2 trying to improve my items. tried going in lost farm earlier at /players 8 i barely survived. can I get higher scrolls by cubing 2 of the same grade scrolls, decals and runes?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun May 28, 2017 9:58 am

2 Scrolls + Randomise Stone(Chipped Skull +Key) = New Scroll

Use Scrolls from 1 - 21 and 22 - 50 combinations as those are two recepis for low level Scroll or High Level Scroll...

Decals go the same as Runes...

Edit: What skills do you use??? Do you have Death Sentry?Even as a 1 point wonder that skill is worth it.Cut down a couple of cows,throw 2 or 3 Death Sentrys and enjoy the show...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Tue May 30, 2017 4:12 am

Lucifer666: thanks for the recipe. just got my +7 amp dmg oskill ring :cool:. dragon blade most of the time, iaigiri for really tough monsters. i haven't got a point in now, but i'm considering getting a point or 2 there later. my sin is lvl 91 now, should I go defensive or offensive? my hp is still around 4k and I do /players 8 most of the time.

gogodanny
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by gogodanny » Tue May 30, 2017 10:17 am

Hi Niklaas,

which way you prefer depends totally on your killspeed.
If you manage to mow down enemies quickly it's better to strive for more offense, Cuz the deader the enemies, the less damage to you. .-D

Personally I would opt to go full offense on an Assassin as they are so quick, versatile and mobile as well as have plenty of tricks to survive.

My Assassin is lvl 63 (1,100 hp) by now dealing 19k dmg per hit with dragonblade, iaigiri does 24k. All that with Motoko base upped and Planets Veneration Set. So far I rape all of NM on /players8 with easy, only actbosses take a tad longer. I recently learned I should invest a point in Mindblast as my Masters don't use that spell at all and the Stun should work nicely vs bigger groups.

niklaas

Post by niklaas » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:08 am

gogodanny: thanks, welp i guess i should go defensive on most on my gear later. time to go gear hunting again.

*edit* just hit 92 and got secret scroll 50, so I may not post here for a week or 2.

*edit* how can I break the 900% ED cap? i've seen some eth weapon crafts that go beyond 1000% ED. thanks

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:32 pm

those would be rares with Dual Max mods,or Runeword items that can get more...but i dare say that with one char in hell you should maybe have accumulated about 20 or 30 maples,to think about breaking the cap you would need a REALLY long time to do runs of Uber D...

Duping is looked down upon here...

Edit: For example i have about 20 characters above clvl 90,i have accumulated about 500 maples for several years of playing,and that is not nearly enough to max anything,well maybe one stat,but no more...get it???

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”