cute finding made me really happy...

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

tankjunior7

cute finding made me really happy...

Post by tankjunior7 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:53 am

i acidentaly found in this forum somewhere about how can you make better graphics.. and woohoo.. it looks soo much more better... with this http://www.svenswrapper.de/english/downloads.html
and no lag.. runs as fast as it was before...
:mrgreen:

some new brand pics..

act3 sewerslvl 1
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... lo2io9.jpg

act3 mephisto glowing portal
http://img54.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... o2aeq3.jpg

even looks like it doesnt need better graphics.. except bigger rezolution :)

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:16 am

Good find.
Its hard to find a wrapper thats still updated (July 28 2007)

SimMarine
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by SimMarine » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:58 am

Oh jeez. This is a COMPLETE help to me! You have no idea how happy this has made me.

I have never been able to run Diablo 2 under Vista with my Geforce 7300, even with updated drivers, in full screen. I just couldn't. I'd get good-great framerates in any game that wasn't exactly requiring you to have a high-end card.

With this, I can actually RUN Diablo 2 in fullscreen. This'll make ES and Median so much more enjoyable again.

EDIT: Bah. One downside so far already. It takes forever to load up D2. Earlier, it was displaying every keyboard key at the topright. I went afk, came back, and I saw the D2 logos popping up. I guess I won't be able to alt tab often, which is a problem as far as recipes go. Ah well. I may have to tinker with the glide exe and figure something out.
Last edited by SimMarine on Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xc0n
Champion of the Light

Post by Xc0n » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:31 pm

It helps but the fps are capped at 25 for single players, only in multiplayer can you achieve 100+ fps :(

Logger_120
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: cute finding made me really happy...

Post by Logger_120 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:17 am

coem someone give me a simple explanation about this so-called "wrapper". Namely what it does and how do I install it?

WarWolf
Paladin

Post by WarWolf » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:47 am

Just read the instructions, and the website also explains what a glide wrapper is :P to install you just copy the .dll in your D2 folder and run the vid-test utility and select 3dfx Glide.

Nice program, but it is useless for me because I always play in window mode...

tankjunior7

Post by tankjunior7 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:13 pm

xc0n its capped at 50fps.. as for me :)

mas73rw0ng

Post by mas73rw0ng » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:35 pm

If it really offers better performance, who cares if it exceeds 25 fps?

25 fps is hardcoded into the game for its own gameplay mechanics.

As long as the visuals are consistently 25 fps, this is good.

Xc0n
Champion of the Light

Post by Xc0n » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:26 pm

I lagged yesterday playing my golemancer in the WSK :(

Stabby_McTwist
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Stabby_McTwist » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:08 pm

[quote=Logger_120";p="350863"]coem someone give me a simple explanation about this so-called "wrapper". Namely what it does and how do I install it?[/quote]Back when the company 3dfx was king with their Voodoo line of video cards, games were designed with their rendering engine, Glide, in mind. Games running on a PC with a 3dfx card would be capable of better graphics and sometimes even better performance. Unfortunately, times changed and 3dfx is no more, however the games still are around.
A 'Glide Wrapper' basically emulates a 3dfx card by translating the special commands used by Glide to something that video cards now-a-days can use. This should, in theory, allow you to get better graphics and sometimes performance by using it.
[quote=WarWolf";p="350868"]Just read the instructions, and the website also explains what a glide wrapper is :P to install you just copy the .dll in your D2 folder and run the vid-test utility and select 3dfx Glide.

Nice program, but it is useless for me because I always play in window mode...[/quote]if you run the EXE file included, there is an option for Windowed Mode.
1). Copy the glide-init.exe file into your Diablo II folder (the main folder) as well as the glide3x.dll file
2). Run the glide-init.exe which will bring up a menu. Click English/Deutsch if the screen isnt in english.
3). Click the Settings button (2nd from the top) and put a check in the box next to "window-mode"
Make sure you have the windowed mode switch turned on in your launcher and it should run in windowed mode.

Firesnake
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by Firesnake » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:18 pm

For me it doesn't seem to work properly. I did as instructed and copied the .dll-file into my D2 directory. But when I run D2 I only see 640*480 pixels, that means the right and lower part of my screen are not visible and it's also not possible to move the mouse there. It works fine on 640*480.

Do you have any experience with this problem?

//edit: Ok, that problem is solved. But:

I still see my framerate go down to 5-10 several times in a minute. I have a Pentium IV 3GHz, 1024 MB RAM and an ATI Radeon X600 Moility... I think that should be enought for Diabo 2...
Last edited by Firesnake on Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Necrolis
Senior Admin
Throne
South Africa

Hand-picked

Post by Necrolis » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:41 am

If it really offers better performance, who cares if it exceeds 25 fps?

25 fps is hardcoded into the game for its own gameplay mechanics.

As long as the visuals are consistently 25 fps, this is good.
internal "time keeping" is 25 fps, its totally different to the display framerate(my game would be very strange if everything was running as ~145fps, i "love" XP :P)...
Netiquette, Do you USE it?!?! | Nefarius' Fixed TXT Files | Terms Of Service
Blackened | Day of Death | D2GFEx
"What was yours is mine. Your land, your people, and now your life." - Lim-Dul, the Necromancer
Judgement is Final, Death is Eternal

Return to “Eastern Sun”