Eastern Sun Bug?

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

No votes

Total votes: 0

red.nec

Eastern Sun Bug?

Post by red.nec » Sun Oct 06, 2002 3:34 pm

howdy folkz.

i found this topic so concerning i registered myself at once. :)

I started playing ES some weeks ago and choose a druid. it was quite funny until i recognized a major bug that comes up in the german version ( maybe only in the german version).

Well, Pictures speak more than words...

I could use this kicky spell with THIS LEVEL. I found this rare item with charges on this spell somewhere in act 2. Furthermore you can buy staves with +1 of this skill in act1, but you cant use them...

e/ hmm this {filtered} isnt working~~

http://mitglied.lycos.de/cehater/ffff/easternsun2.jpg
http://mitglied.lycos.de/cehater/ffff/easternsun1.jpg

Alkalund
Retired Admin
Throne

Hand-picked

Post by Alkalund » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:01 pm

the [img] tags have been disabled in these forums, to help members with slow internet connections.

red.nec

Post by red.nec » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:53 pm

i added the urls...what do u say to these bugs?

Flammo

Post by Flammo » Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:26 pm

:roll: thats no bug...
*no comment*

Norm

Post by Norm » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:57 pm

Well, where is the bug?
I thought this is all planned so, isn't it? :idea:

red.nec

Post by red.nec » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:43 pm

-WTF ?? NOOBS !

this spell is usable with level 30 ! i was 22 ! i dont think u shall use a spell with -7xx dmg at the beginning?

A-BOMB

Post by A-BOMB » Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:16 pm

Actaully you're the noob here little boy.
Skills that use up charges do not require any level - as long as you can wield the item that has such charges...Tell me what level should a barb be to use ice nova charges ? 150 ? Forget the sword and start reading magical books ? Please....
Guess what's comin' your way with a blast. :twisted:

First there's the heat. Then comes the shockwave. After the dust settles all you've got left to do is put a sign : "This space for rent in 30 years"

red.nec

Post by red.nec » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:03 pm

k dude.

my comment:

es-balancing = crap

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Post by Perfect Cell » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:37 pm

*sigh* I really wish people wouldn't keep coming into these forums and saying the balance of Eastern Sun is crap. I've tried...but I don't have time to play this game, and didn't really play it enough to get an idea. There are dozens of guys, just like you that come in and say the mod doesn't have balance. Could you guys please post in what ways we could help out this balance issue. I get the odd reply, or email and tweak one or two things that are pointed out, but I can't fix what I don't know. The players' input has a little more weight than you may think. You guys play it, so it's usually fixed to suit the players' wants. Posts like this help, but they only give me one thing to work on :-|
later

GoldArmor

Post by GoldArmor » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:27 pm

Heh PC i agree with you. Its been a long time since i posted here (about 2 months or so..). I have also only recently gotten back into ES so I, like red neck am in know posistion to discuss the balancing. Wc3 is just to overwhelming.

Well anyway. I have after many weeks finally begun to get some fresh ideas for ES. May be in part b/c of my experience with Wc3 and its editor, but also just because my brain has slowly accumulated parts in order to from ideas.

First off for the balancing issue, earlier I was one of the many who wanted ES harder. It has indeed met and exceeded expectations. I have yet to get to harder difficulties in NM and Hell but from what I've heard its more balanced than Beta 6. Change around the monsters and add a little variety. Also the new areas still need adjustment, but i guess thats up to Arch?

As for anything else I'll contact you on. I'm at one of those points in which a dynamic revolution of ideas will soon erupt in my mind. So till then hope you found this useful.

Btw, IM BACK!
"In war truth has to be protected by a body guard of lies"-Churchill

Ryonin

Post by Ryonin » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:41 am

You see, the thing about your club with charges of fire storm, is that it costs a whole lot to recharge it.
Too much for more than, say, saving it for a boss.
Unless of course you're cheating and have an infinite supply of gold.

It isn't unbalanced. I had one of those, and it really wasn't worth the trouble, since it cost too much to use it regularly, so I ditched it.

It isn't a balance issue.

Return to “Eastern Sun”