R6 Suggestion Thread

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Re: R6 Suggestion Thread

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:50 pm

yea..and without Meditation it sucks...
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard
try to cover up the trail of deceit and daggers spawned from your soul

http://miyoshino.la.coocan.jp/eswiki/?Diary_Lucifer666

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

IronWarfare
Paladin

Post by IronWarfare » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:I would just like to ask would it be possible to put a cap on mana costs of all skills to be max 50 mana per cast...cuz some skills cant be cast more than 10-15 times in a row even if you have 1000 mana...for instance i got a Bone Wave Necro and Bone Wave on level 13 costs 51 mana per cast...I am afraid how much it will cost when i develop him fully...and there are much skills that have the same horrid mana cost for most classes...
I have a bone necro too and I had your same problem. To solve it, in my equip I've used some mana regeneration jewels forged + 1 poison/bones and put TONS of scalps (every scalp give 2% mana regeneration). And my merc provides me meditation with his infinity armor. Anyway I agree that mana cost is excessive in many spells

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Also,maybe it would be nice to throw in a new area which would be filled only with bosses and champions who could all be level 99 and possibly even harder than Nihlataks Domain for uber chars to have some kind of ultimate test of their skills??? Actualy no need for new area,as you could simply change some of the existing areas or something like that???Or it could be filled with Diablo boss packs or something like that??? :lol:

Edit: Also I have noticed that ONLY Rogues tend to teleport to your side if you manage somehow to get far enough away from her,so if something could be done on that matter I would appreciate it,lets say if you get away from them for 2-3 screens the other Mercs could also teleport to you...

Edit 2: Nevermind...it seems that they have a will of their own and sometimes they wont teleport to you no matter what and sometimes they teleport when you get 3-4 screens away...
Last edited by Lucifer666 on Sun May 13, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look down at the body you may see no trace of wounds but in the eye the eye of the beholder one cannot asume.
Not a drop of blood is drawn but you know how it bleeds beware of the sharp edged weapon called human being
It is a shield of passion and strong will from this I am the victor instead of the kill

I will not feed your hunger, instead I bite the pain looking not back, but forward
I bite down hard

05/11/2012 I am now an ANGEL,damn and I always though that I'd be a Demon when I grew up...

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:00 pm

ned difficulty level would be epic :oops:
but i guess too much work,unless make only act 1 for example,and fill all caves etc with super super hard stuff,shamans that rez max fcr rate,and devlings very strong CBF etc :lol:

as for the mana cost skills,no problem yet,big problem tho is arrows run out every 5-7minutes
and cube holds all the drops.

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:05 pm

No need for all caves to be filled with uber monsters,just one would suffice...

I bite down hard

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:No need for all caves to be filled with uber monsters,just one would suffice...
in my eyes no,different builds need fifferent areas.
physicals shine here,elementals there etc

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:20 am

Any build can shine in any area as long as you play it right and have the right gear...As for your problem with arrows you obviously aren't doing enough damage per arrow,my Bowazon is carrying the same Legolas quiver from Nightmare to Hell and I only came close to losing it once in the Hell Lost Farm cuz i didn't pick up anything from the ground,but ordinarily it always replenishes cuz it takes a long time to pick up everything usefull from the ground and to stash it... :D

I bite down hard

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:05 pm

i one shot mobs,thats the problem,i move without stopping,dont need to pick up much and when i do i do it fast.
had to move to other char due to arrow problems,i had 3 quivers on me at all times :roll:

Perfect Cell
Hosted Forum Moderator
Angel
Canada

Post by Perfect Cell » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:47 pm

Lucifer666" wrote:I would just like to ask would it be possible to put a cap on mana costs of all skills to be max 50 mana per cast...cuz some skills cant be cast more than 10-15 times in a row even if you have 1000 mana...for instance i got a Bone Wave Necro and Bone Wave on level 13 costs 51 mana per cast...I am afraid how much it will cost when i develop him fully...and there are much skills that have the same horrid mana cost for most classes...
I'll have to check if the mana cost field accepts formulas. If it does, I have no issue with capping mana costs on skills, considering how high +skills can get.
later

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:10 pm

Thank you very much... :cool:

Edit: I've been thinking something,could it be possible to implement some kind of Achievements in ES...Like for example when a PC kills 10000 monsters to get a small boost to their EXP or something like that,I mean a PC who kills that number of monsters definitely earns it...or something like that??? In any case some kind of rewards system...

Edit 2 : I have a couple more ideas that would make this mod even more epic than it is now,I'll post em as soon as I am satisfied with the details...

Edit 3: Could Telekinesis be changed in a way that the targeting is automatic,like with Fist of the Heavens,since with Telekinesis you MUST click on every single monster,Shift+Click doesn't work with it,and it's really annoying clicking on every monster,especially in Flayer Jungle and the like??? Pretty Please???

Edit 4: Been playing with Nezaramontias a little and i like a couple of ideas from that mod...Like Soul Talisman,could somethong like that be thrown in ES(something like a evolving charm which you feed with something to make it more powerfull)???

Also I have played with Torchlight a little,now i don't mean disrespect but after 2 years of ES I really am not impressed with it,but as all games this one too comes with some interesting ideas,like Shrine of Enchantment,could this also be somehow thrown in ES??? They would have to be extra rare and they would be the only way to for example put a second socket in uniques and sets,or some really powerfull stat,but i feel that only a few selected stats should be connected with them,as to not make your items crappy...

There will be more to come...

Edit 5: Also I consider Forging of Damage Augmenter a Feature of ES...Could this be kept in the next version???Maybe it was an unintentional bug but it is very usefull and I would like it if it was to remain in the next version...Just my opinion on that matter...Maybe if the Damage Augmenter was made to be something like the Soul Talisman from Nezaramontias???

I bite down hard

IronWarfare
Paladin

Post by IronWarfare » Tue May 01, 2012 11:22 pm

I've seen this on youtube IMO this added to ES would be awesome? Come on, who doesn't want the good old Tristram? :D

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Fri May 04, 2012 6:19 pm

possibly add someway to see gold in shared stash?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:51 am

PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE remove the "Of the Rainbow" suffix from the game completely??? I'm begging you,just Please that one crap suffix???

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:24 pm

drolnomed" wrote:possibly add someway to see gold in shared stash?
Hover the cursor over your current gold in the stash and you'll see the amount in your shared stash.
Diary, Info, Trading List from Bastige
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)
Became an Arch-Angel: 04/08/2012 I still don't see any wings.
Current highest character: Literal (94) Amazon

drolnomed
Paladin

Post by drolnomed » Fri May 11, 2012 3:05 pm

thepsycho2" wrote:
drolnomed" wrote:possibly add someway to see gold in shared stash?
Hover the cursor over your current gold in the stash and you'll see the amount in your shared stash.
never knew that,ty.
if only could get my old limits fixed now.

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Sun May 13, 2012 10:11 am

Lucifer666" wrote:PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE remove the "Of the Rainbow" suffix from the game completely??? I'm begging you,just Please that one crap suffix???
I'm against this, unless we also remove cruel as a prefix

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:33 pm

Why??? The Rainbow Suffix serves no real purpose,think about it...Unlike Cruel Prefix which actually serves it's purpose for Melle Chars,the Rainbow Suffix does not serve even Caster Chars,I mean +176-250 to max elemental dmg(which is the strongest Rainbow Suffix) doesn't help any Char in Hell...and let me tell you something,a couple of days ago I took my GemCan in which over 20 of my Chars have been collecting Gem Points for a couple of years,and I started rerolling a Etherial Weapon,there was over 100.000 Gem Points in that GemCan,now the Rainbow Suffix appeared on almost every single roll(98% of the rerolls) and Cruel Prefix appeared only in 5% of the rolls,and as a Melle Char that single Suffix is totally unnecessary,in the end all I had left in my GemCan was a couple of 100 points of Gems,but I somehow succesfully rolled my DualMax without that GodDamn Suffix which is completely unnecessary even for a Sorc man...And yea I was really p****d on that Suffix so yea,go figure yourself...

Edit: Been testing that Rainbow Suffix with some of my Sorcs and I have to say that it really does not help with anything,well maybe for Charged Bolt and Immolation since She can shoot out a lot of bolts with those skills and even then the difference in dmg is negligible,but It didn't help with other skills...So yea,I am totally for removing it from the game...

I bite down hard

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Mon May 14, 2012 7:25 am

I have thought about it, and my reasoning is that if you continue to take all of the stuff you may not desire in a mod, then eventually you're not going to be left with much.
Just of the top of my head, the rainbow suffix wouldn't be completely useless for a vengeance paladin.

Take the average with the good. At least the rainbow suffix isn't annoying as the knockback mod can be ;)
I thought you were rerolling rares? The rainbow mod you mentioned isn't mean to spawn on rares according to magic suffix.txt (Of course, that could be broken for all I know)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Mon May 14, 2012 8:05 am

Man it appeared in 98% of the cases and it is really very much more annoying than Knockback trust me...

http://homepage3.nifty.com/miyoshino/es/es3suff_n.htm

And I was rolling for a pure Melle Char and that one mod really brought me almost to tears man...And check again,MagicSuffix.txt has a line with "of the Rainbow" and somewhere near the end of those lines(there are 4 of them) is weap(and this flags it to spawn on weapons)...(I know cuz I was so annoyed that I copied that file in another folder and then I deleted those lines(thats how much {filtered} I was),then I backuped the original file in yet another folder,and copied the modified file by me over the original in the ES folder and started the game...after that I was so happy that I didn't see that Suffix anymore on my precious Rare ETHERIAL Matriarchal Spear...And after I was done with rolling I returned yet again the original file over the one modified...)

It does not have to be removed from the game completely.I would be Happy if I didn't have to see that ONE Suffix anymore on RARE weapons,Magics are fine and Jewelry is fine,only from the Rare Weapons...

I bite down hard

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Mon May 14, 2012 8:16 am

You might be getting one of the lower levels of the rainbow suffix. the level 60 is doesn't have a 1 in the rares field.

Just a theory, would reducing the level req of the suffix be more useful rahter than removing alltogether?

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:44 am

Yes,Maybe if it could be done that Suffix is spawned something like from level 1-50 would be OK,then it don't have to be removed,and then it wouldn't spawn on EndGame Gear...Just on Starter Gear to help Elemental users a little in the start...Is that OK???

Edit: Can something be done for the Rogues??? For example the ability to use CrossBows would be an awesome addition to a Rogues arsenal...I got a bunch of CrossBows stashed with no purpose since I'm mostly playing Melle and there is quite a number of fine looking CrossBows that would sit on a Rogue real nice...

Edit: Also can Atlastrust Unique Chest Guard get a +3 Poison and Bone skills since there are skills for every other class except for Necro...I ask this since I'm currently making a Melle Necro and was looking at armors and was disapointed when I realized that Atlastrust has something for every other class except for Necro...

Edit: Also if a Item is Merc Converted,you can't Rune Forge it...

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 pm

I believe the merc conversion is treated as a special forge, unfortunately, I guess to save room?
Persistence: It may take a while, but it is very rewarding in the end (So they say.)

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:42 pm

Yea,well I took off the Merc Conversion from Mitsurugi's Aide of one my Mercs,and then try-ed to Rune Forge it with Wa Runes for 50 ED% and I was not able to Rune Forge it(of course I had a Chipped Gem in the Cube along with the Sword and 2 Wa Runes)...seems to me if you Merc Convert a Item you will NEVER be able to Rune Forge it...damn...

Edit: Well something ain't right here...I also took off the Merc Conversion from the same Mercs Magic Tiara and was able to Rune Forge it with Ni Runes for DR%...maybe it's a thing with Weapons only...don't really know...Could somebody else also test this please???

I bite down hard

thepsycho2
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel
United States of America

Post by thepsycho2 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 pm

I misunderstood the question back there, now it's clearer. That IS odd that a reforge doesn't work..

Lucifer666
Forum Legend
Arch-Angel

Post by Lucifer666 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:15 pm

CTC Death Sentry on Larzuk's Innovation Unique Conqueror Crown does not work,the Sentry self destructs as soon as it is on the ground,maybe for next version that CTC could be replaced with something else???

I bite down hard

Return to “Eastern Sun”