The Immortals - Eastern Sun Tournament

Information and updates for the Eastern Sun mod. If you have any questions or suggestions for the mod, please post them here. Click here to visit the official web site.

Moderators: AlphA - The Real One, tsuru, Perfect Cell, Metropolis Man

No votes

Total votes: 0

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:13 pm

[UPDATE]
The Tournament is ON HOLD until the scoring mechanism is done.

This tournament is the ultimate test of playing ability. However, it is purely an experiment. I have no Idea if anybody can pull this off, but I am willing to try. If anybody think this "borderline ridiculous" idea may be worth a shot, he is welcome to join. If not, you can watch the progress of this experiment here.

The rules are the following:

STARTUP

1.Create 1 HARDCORE character of any class.
2.Do not use shared stash at all.

RESTRICTIONS

1) New untwinked characters only (obviously).
2) Before entering a quest area you need to choose the amount of /players you want to activate, because your score will depend on it. If it turns out to be to difficult you can exit and try again on a lower setting. Do not exit while in combat, wait until you have reached safety.
3) You may NEVER use HEALING, MANA or REJUV potions. Neither you or your hireling. NEVER. Any other form of regeneration and healing is allowed.
4) You may NOT reallocate any skills until you have finished the game. After that reallocation will be permitted only in some organized end-game events.
5) Never hit escape to avoid death.
6) No multiplayer ever.
7) Do not backup your characters! Death is permanent!
8) You are not allowed to advance to the next act until you have done all the quests in that act. If you do all quests and advance without doing all the scoring missions you had to do in that act, you cannot do them at a later time.

OBSERVATIONS

1) You may choose not to ressurect your hireling if it is in your advantage.
2) You are allowed to use town portal as often as you like
3) If you die you may create a new character of the same type. Old char is to be deleted immediately.
4) You may enter multiple character in the tournament, but each character is totally independant of the others (shared stash is never to be used)
5) There is no need to clear the entire quest area, you can finish the quests in any way you want.
6) You can jump from one difficulty to another as often as you like, but you can't do any missions in lower difficulties.

SCORING

You gain points by doing missions. Each mission is worth 1 point. Mid-game missions list will be finished before I finish each act with my character, so I can test them myself. New end-game events will be added all the time to make things more exciting.

Mid-Game Missions

All acts

Triskaidekaphobia / 13 is my middle name
When fghting an act boss you have two choices (both are worth 1 point):
a) be afraid of number 13 and be sure you don't have it anywhere in your inventory of character stat sheets (stash and skill tabs do not count); this means no stat can be equal to 13, and no item can bear any stat equal to 13 (130,113 etc. are ok); this goes for your hireling also;
b)be a supporter of number 13 and have each of your equipped items (weapon, torso, shield, helm, gloves, boots, belt, rings, amulet) contain 13 at least once in their description; your hireling has to obey the same rule;
The point is awarded after the act end boss drops dead (you can play this on any players setting).

THIS...IS...DIABLO!!!
Do either one of the following (this feat has to be done at players 8):
a) Kill a superunique in your act in one strike (attack or spell). Any amount of prebuffing is allowed. He has to be at full health when you hit him. The rule is to click him only once and then back away. He has to die within 5 seconds and you have to make sure your hireling or minions don't attack him in that interval.
b) Go to a superunique and just stand the and look at him (no spells can be cast or attacks attepted). Your hireling and minions have to kill the superunique in 5 seconds. (Countdown starts when the superunique first gets hit)

Only Act 1

The great escape
To get this challenge you have to have the Reset Map feature activated (as it is by default). This is to prevent you from formulating a route prior to the challenge. Put all your equipped items in the personal stash (this includes charms with the exception of the damage amplifier); do the same with your hireling's items (if he is alive). Go to the Inner Cloister waypoint. Run/walk to the rogue encampment without using waypoints or portals. You are allowed to use any skills and stamina/antidote/thawing potions as you like. This will have to be done in 20 minues max, otherwise you have to try again. (this has to be done at players 8) WARNING! this challenge can be very dangerous, especially in indoor areas. If you can't handle it use a town portal or a waypoints to bailout until you find a suitable strategy. If you advance to Act 2 without doing this challenge you will lose the right to attempt it on this difficulty.

Only Act 2

FOR BURGERS!
Pull 10 cows from the lost farm and slaughter them. This has to be done at players 8.

At the end of each difficulty

TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!
***this challenge is on hold as it is impossible for pure summoners***
Go to the cow level and kill the Cow King without attacking any other enemies. You are not allow to cast spells on open ground. He is your only valid target. It's ok if splash damage hurts other enemies, just don't target them deliberately. You hireling can do what he wants. This has to be done on players 8 and within a time limit that will be determined during testing.

End-Game Missions
This events must be completed after completing al quests on all difficulties.

I spent it all on Bling and Booze...
Maximize your gold (inventory and personal stash). Gamble all your money on any items you like. If you have money left and can't afford any more gambling, go buy healing potions and drink them all just after you bought them. Throw what's lef on the ground.

These events will be rafined and new events will be added as I progress through the game. It will be a while until anyone can catch up with me so I have plenty of time to make this more interesting.

DURATION
Till the world stops moving.

ADMISSION
Just copy the table and add your data. Update the table as often as you like. (just like in the other tournaments)

Tournament rankings

Code: Select all

Player         Score 
---------------------
Hygiliak       5

Last edited by Hygiliak on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:50 am, edited 12 times in total.
Death is not an option!

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Re: The Immortals - Eastern Sun Tournament

Post by Metropolis Man » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Hygiliak" wrote:[UPDATE]
This tournament is currently on hold until it is approved by the moderators.
I have no problem with you hosting an event. Thanks for your interest in doing so. A few comments.....
Hygiliak" wrote: 3) You may NEVER use HEALING, MANA or REJUV potions. Neither you or your hireling. NEVER. Any other form of regeneration and healing is allowed.
In my opinion this is borderline ridiculous. Especially the restriction for not healing mercs.
Hygiliak" wrote:
4) You may not use oskills from other characters.
Again, I'd have to call this ridiculous. Non-Necros melee characters would not be able to use curses. Non-Pally/Necro casters would have no access to Lower Resist or Conviction except via CtC.
Hygiliak" wrote:

SCORING

You score points from doing missions:
1000 points = all quests except the final act quests, no town portal or leaving the quest area
500 points = all quests except the final act quests, if you leave the quest area or portal to town
5000 points = all final act quests, no town portal or leaving quest area
2500 points = all final act quests, if you leave the quest area or portal to town
10000 points = bonus for doing all Naraku areas without coming back to town or leaving an area before is clear
The points differential between doing Quests without returning to town and doing Quests and returning to town is far too great. There is no option for a player who wants to score well. And you make no mention of scores differences with Difficulty.
Hygiliak" wrote:
ADMISSION
Send me a PM with your data and I will update the table. Do not spam the thread with tables. I know this is different than how the other tournaments are

organized but this is how I like it.
Completely unnecessary and players will feel like you don't trust them. Players should be allowed to submit their own updates and tables as they always have.

--------

From the Wrecking Ball thread....
Hygiliak" wrote:UPDATE

I retire from the tournament as I have started another one. Check the forum for The Immortals - Eastern Sun Tournament
Well, I see what's going on now. Hmmmm....not sure if I really want to air out all my opinions here, but needless to say, don't expect many players to be very supportive of your event after you quit another event. Of course, there's nothing wrong with bailing out of an event — we all choose to spend our free time in different ways. But, I'm just trying to be honest with you.
That which does not kill us makes us stronger — Friedrich Nietzsche
Eastern Sun DatabaseEastern Sun WikiZy-El Wiki
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:40 pm

Thank you for the quick feedback.

As I've said before, this is just an experiment of mine, and thought that maybe other people will be willing to try it too. I know this means that certain builds will be impossible to play, but I am not interesed in that. The point of all this is: find out if there is a possible combination of characters that can achieve this. Don't forget that I allowed item sharing between characters, therefore your leading charater can find good items for the others so they don't hit brick walls all the time.
Metropolis Man" wrote:
Hygiliak" wrote: 3) You may NEVER use HEALING, MANA or REJUV potions. Neither you or your hireling. NEVER. Any other form of regeneration and healing is allowed.
In my opinion this is borderline ridiculous. Especially the restriction for not healing mercs.
This is the central premise of the tournament. Ridiculous or not, this is how I am playing now. I have started with a barbarian and right now I am cleaning the Stony Field without too much trouble. I hope to find sufficient good items to help the other characters. So far this simple fact that I do not use any potions has caused me to completely rethink tactics and brought a lot of excitement. And so far it works. I admit the first 20 minutes were a bit frustrating because of the low hit chance, but using wells and shrines corectly and choosing enemies carefully will get you through.
Metropolis Man" wrote:
Hygiliak" wrote:
4) You may not use oskills from other characters.
Again, I'd have to call this ridiculous. Non-Necros melee characters would not be able to use curses. Non-Pally/Necro casters would have no access to Lower Resist or Conviction except via CtC.
This is a bit controversial indeed, but I will cancel this rule only if I personally find out that it makes playing impossible for a certain char.
Metropolis Man" wrote:
Hygiliak" wrote:

SCORING

You score points from doing missions:
1000 points = all quests except the final act quests, no town portal or leaving the quest area
500 points = all quests except the final act quests, if you leave the quest area or portal to town
5000 points = all final act quests, no town portal or leaving quest area
2500 points = all final act quests, if you leave the quest area or portal to town
10000 points = bonus for doing all Naraku areas without coming back to town or leaving an area before is clear
The points differential between doing Quests without returning to town and doing Quests and returning to town is far too great. There is no option for a player who wants to score well. And you make no mention of scores differences with Difficulty.
You are right about not being an option; everybody will just try to get max points until they get bored or finaly succeed. This needs changing to make things more competitive.
Metropolis Man" wrote:
Hygiliak" wrote:
ADMISSION
Send me a PM with your data and I will update the table. Do not spam the thread with tables. I know this is different than how the other tournaments are

organized but this is how I like it.
Completely unnecessary and players will feel like you don't trust them. Players should be allowed to submit their own updates and tables as they always have.
Thanks for the tip. Will change the rule.
Metropolis Man" wrote:
From the Wrecking Ball thread....
Hygiliak" wrote:UPDATE

I retire from the tournament as I have started another one. Check the forum for The Immortals - Eastern Sun Tournament
Well, I see what's going on now. Hmmmm....not sure if I really want to air out all my opinions here, but needless to say, don't expect many players to be very supportive of your event after you quit another event. Of course, there's nothing wrong with bailing out of an event — we all choose to spend our free time in different ways. But, I'm just trying to be honest with you.
I apreciate your honesty. You are completely right, but the main reasons I quit was that the tournament wold have been dead anyway if I hadn't applied and I thought noone wold care, and secondly once I decided to never use potions and start a new char I found my new premise conflicting with some of the rules in your event (especially the merc death 1000000 penalty) and I had no choice. I could have lied to you and say I have died, but instead I told the truth. I hope you value my honesty as I value yours.
Death is not an option!

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:59 pm

Hygiliak" wrote:I hope you value my honesty as I value yours.
Well, of course. That goes without saying, right? My only other observation at this point is similarities with the current Heptad. Granted, the Heptad has key differences with what you are proposing, but the bottom line is that both are 7-character events. So, unless there is someone that jumps at the opportunity to play through the game not using any potions at all — I'm not sure what else would spark my interest to participate. Not sure about anyone else.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Metropolis Man" wrote:
Hygiliak" wrote:I hope you value my honesty as I value yours.
Well, of course. That goes without saying, right? My only other observation at this point is similarities with the current Heptad. Granted, the Heptad has key differences with what you are proposing, but the bottom line is that both are 7-character events. So, unless there is someone that jumps at the opportunity to play through the game not using any potions at all — I'm not sure what else would spark my interest to participate. Not sure about anyone else.
That's true. I'm not sure if there are any people who would try such a thing (especially without knowing if it is possible), but that does not bother me. I will update as I go through, pointing the various consequences of not using potions.
Death is not an option!

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:18 pm

Hygiliak" wrote:I'm not sure if there are any people who would try such a thing (especially without knowing if it is possible)
To be quite frank this event doesn't interest me mainly because Hell Naraku is already an incredibly difficult challenge at players 8. And that's with unrestricted access to all oskills and constantly healing mercs. So, I really can't see a lot of incentive here. Sure, I could farm for months to compensate for the restrictions — more life, damage reduction, life regeneration, etc. But, to me, that just does not sound like fun.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Metropolis Man" wrote:
Hygiliak" wrote:I'm not sure if there are any people who would try such a thing (especially without knowing if it is possible)
To be quite frank this event doesn't interest me mainly because Hell Naraku is already an incredibly difficult challenge at players 8. And that's with unrestricted access to all oskills and constantly healing mercs. So, I really can't see a lot of incentive here. Sure, I could farm for months to compensate for the restrictions — more life, damage reduction, life regeneration, etc. But, to me, that just does not sound like fun.
Interesting. Well then, I have another idea.

Players 8 is not compulsory any more, you can play with any player setting you want. However, when you enter a quest area you choose the number of players you want to complete the quest with, and the score will be equal to the number of players activated when doing the quest.

What do you think of this?
Death is not an option!

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:49 pm

At first I had assumed this was a Zy-El question and got mad considering you guys would have started a massive discussion without me..... Then I realized it was an ES topic.

I MIGHT! Join, don't count on it though. I'm not a huge hardcore fan and I'm already up to my neck in tournaments most of which I still have yet to leave a dent on. I say remove banning of OSkills otherwise pure element people will have a MUCH harder time. And I'm a big fan of single elements.
Last edited by stingray on Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The PK Pikachu

~ Stingray, dedicated Eastern Sun, and Zy-El mod playing Pikachu. ~

Eastern Sun Database | Eastern Sun Wiki | Zy-El Wiki | Zy-El Unique Webpage

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Hygiliak" wrote:Interesting. Well then, I have another idea.

Players 8 is not compulsory any more, you can play with any player setting you want. However, when you enter a quest area you choose the number of players you want to complete the quest with, and the score will be equal to the number of players activated when doing the quest.

What do you think of this?
Then you're essentially forcing a player to play at /players 8.

Like I said, run with it, and just see if anyone bites. I'd be surprised, but maybe someone will. There's a huge downturn in all tournament activity lately. It's been quite a while since I've made my own updates in the Heptad since I've been playing Zy-El. I'm not trying to give myself more credit than I deserve, but because I'm not as active as I typically am, that may be an issue with others losing a little interest. And I have to think that there's a certain amount of frustration boiling in many ES players in the continued lack of patch updates. No tournament — no matter how great — can fix that.
stingray" wrote:Btw, is anyone going to even glance at my speedrun thread?
I've looked at it. And my comments above still apply. I don't know if it's my absence. The lack of updates. Both. Something else. I just don't know. But, there's definitely a real weight hanging over the ES forum at the moment. I wish I knew what to do to help.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm hoping once I get a speed run done that might get some people here. Maybe if I do one that will inspire others to do one and who knows? It could get a whole new community joined in.
The PK Pikachu

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:03 pm

I removed the oskill restrictions and I have added a 1 character variant to make it more appealing for people that can't spend that much time playing.
Also expanded a bit upon the endgame events.
Hope things look better now :)

[Progress update]

Made it to dark forest waypoint without incident. Strong undead seem to be the most threatening because I can't drain life from them, but once I get damage taken goes to mana I'll be able to spam bash and get rid of them quickly.
Some other note. A very unusual tactic just emerged when I fought a large skeleton group near a group of fallen and a shaman. In order to conserve my life and mana while fighting the undead I didn't kill the shaman, so I could harvest life and mana from the fallen as he kept ressurecting them. This trip is starting to take a lot of interesting turns.

[Rules Update]

Changed scoring mechanism and created some of the events that will drive this tournament. Hope you like the ideas. If you think you have a nice event idea don't hesitate to share.

[Rules and Progress update]

The tournament is now about only one character, but you can participate with more than one if you like. However, you cannot trande any items between the characters if you do so. Each chatracter will have its own separate score so don't fo it unless you really want to.
About my progress with my barb, there's been a major drop in difficulty once I got the starter weapon before going to the countess. Right now I am in Outer Cloister and things are going on pretty easy for now with players 8. However, it is very easy to get carried away an endanger your life if you are not paying attention.

[Progress Update]

Finished Act 1 completely. The end was very easy, I opted for Triskaidecaphobia because all its conditions were already met. However, the Great Escape challenge was mind-blowing, finger-twitching and kept me tense till the end. I completed it in 14 minutes with my barb, and almost ran out of stamina potions when a stamina shrine saved me. The Jail areas were incredibly stressful to go through, as I fond no wells or shrines there, but was saved by the well in the baracks. One you get out of the monastery I stayed on the path and the only other major obstacle was the underground passage. Fortunately outside the monastery there are a lot of wells and shrines. Once you are in the stony field there is little that can stop you from reaching your goal.Overall, pretty neat experience.
Death is not an option!

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:44 am

I don't think the Great Escape is so hard, I went from the start at Rouge Encampment to Catacombs level 2 grabbing all Wp's with a level 4 char on p6. Don't see why it would be impossible with a level 20 on p8 only but running a shorter distance.
The PK Pikachu

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:22 am

stingray" wrote:I don't think the Great Escape is so hard, I went from the start at Rouge Encampment to Catacombs level 2 grabbing all Wp's with a level 4 char on p6. Don't see why it would be impossible with a level 20 on p8 only but running a shorter distance.
Because you are not allowed to use any healing/mana/rejuv potions and you have to finish it all in a time limit. There is very little time for hiding and you are not allowed to have any items at all equipped, not even charms. This means you have to barely get hit all the way. Luck can play a part here too.
Don't judge it before you try it ;)
Death is not an option!

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:01 pm

The Great Escape reminds me of an old Mini I hosted that was a lot of fun —

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51976
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:45 pm

Metropolis Man" wrote:The Great Escape reminds me of an old Mini I hosted that was a lot of fun —

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=51976
Indeed, only it is more about avoiding any conflict rather that killing... mostly about running ans screaming :D

[Rules and Progress update]

Changed the THIS...IS...DIABLO!!! challenge in order to make it possible by pure summoners. TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADEDR! remains on hold until I can find a suitable replacement.
Progress is good so far, going into the claw viper temple. Did a bit of farming in the Lost Farm and got some good white and socketed exceptional and high level armor, and lots of cash and gems. Didn't spend too much time in there as it took me about 5-10 seconds to kill a cow so clearing all the area would have taken me a couple of hours of non-fun.

[Update]
Going for a one-week holiday. Will resume update afterwards. See ya later, earthlings.
Death is not an option!

the_bogan
Champion of the Light
New Zealand

Post by the_bogan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:41 am

Damn, I thought I had put my character in a week ago. :oops:

Changing the rules as you go is not an ideal rule. I've just finished act 1, not using any potions at all.

I'm still going to see how far I can get without using any potions, but I won't bother entering this comp.

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:52 am

The rules" wrote:[UPDATE]
The tournament is now only 1 character.
Removed some restricitions, added some other.
I liked it better with seven. I've completed the game by your standards with a single hc char. One provides me no challenge.
The rules" wrote:The Immortals - Eastern Sun Tournament

This tournament is the ultimate test of playing ability. However, it is purely an experiment. I have no Idea if anybody can pull this off, but I am willing to try. If anybody think this "borderline ridiculous" idea may be worth a shot, he is welcome to join. If not, you can watch the progress of this experiment here.
I say if you make it only one char, there is no need for this. It was only ever ridiculous when it was seven. Well others thought it was, the only thing I found unfair was oskill restriction which you removed.
The rules" wrote:The rules are the following:
My tip, to announce the rules don't write they are the following, instead write The Rules
The rules" wrote:RESTRICTIONS

1) New untwinked characters only (obviously).
2) Before entering a quest area you need to choose the amount of /players you want to activate, because your score will depend on it. If it turns out to be to difficult you can exit and try again on a lower setting. Do not exit while in combat, wait until you have reached safety.
3) You may NEVER use HEALING, MANA or REJUV potions. Neither you or your hireling. NEVER. Any other form of regeneration and healing is allowed.
4) You may NOT reallocate any skills until you have finished the game. After that reallocation will be permitted only in some organized end-game events.
5) Never hit escape to avoid death.
6) No multiplayer ever.
7) Do not backup your characters! Death is permanent!
8) You are not allowed to advance to the next act until you have done all the quests in that act. If you do all quests and advance without doing all the scoring missions you had to do in that act, you cannot do them at a later time.
Also another tip, instead of bullets you can make, say rule 6 like this ( Size 120, color yellow at bottom left hand corner) Multiplayer: Is not allowed, this is a single player event.
The rules" wrote:OBSERVATIONS

1) You may choose not to ressurect your hireling if it is in your advantage.
2) You are allowed to use town portal as often as you like
3) If you die you may create a new character of the same type. Old char is to be deleted immediately.
4) You may enter multiple character in the tournament, but each character is totally independant of the others (shared stash is never to be used)
5) There is no need to clear the entire quest area, you can finish the quests in any way you want.
6) You can jump from one difficulty to another as often as you like, but you can't do any missions in lower difficulties.
Same as last one.
The rules" wrote:SCORING

You gain points by doing missions. Each mission is worth 1 point. Mid-game missions list will be finished before I finish each act with my character, so I can test them myself. New end-game events will be added all the time to make things more exciting.
I say temporarily close this event until you figure out all scorings. It's not fair if you add a scoring after they leave the act. Seriously, please don't open an unfinished event. I believe you were too enthusiastic about making one, Metro and everyone else can spend over a month on the rules! Don't be intimidated by the number of their events, they've been around MUCH longer than me or anyone else.

Mid-Game Missions
The rules" wrote:All acts

Triskaidekaphobia / 13 is my middle name
When fghting an act boss you have two choices (both are worth 1 point):
a) be afraid of number 13 and be sure you don't have it anywhere in your inventory of character stat sheets (stash and skill tabs do not count); this means no stat can be equal to 13, and no item can bear any stat equal to 13 (130,113 etc. are ok); this goes for your hireling also;
b)be a supporter of number 13 and have each of your equipped items (weapon, torso, shield, helm, gloves, boots, belt, rings, amulet) contain 13 at least once in their description; your hireling has to obey the same rule;
The point is awarded after the act end boss drops dead (you can play this on any players setting).
This is completely unbalanced, its much easier to avoid 13, than have it. You also make no note of difficulty at all.
The rules" wrote:THIS...IS...DIABLO!!!
Do either one of the following (this feat has to be done at players 8):
a) Kill a superunique in your act in one strike (attack or spell). Any amount of prebuffing is allowed. He has to be at full health when you hit him. The rule is to click him only once and then back away. He has to die within 5 seconds and you have to make sure your hireling or minions don't attack him in that interval.
b) Go to a superunique and just stand the and look at him (no spells can be cast or attacks attepted). Your hireling and minions have to kill the superunique in 5 seconds. (Countdown starts when the superunique first gets hit)
Again no difficulty mention, and this is exceedingly easy to do, make it harder. One might just set the p setting to 8 and kill the lowest quest monster once done with act and get it way too easy.
The rules" wrote:Only Act 1

The great escape
To get this challenge you have to have the Reset Map feature activated (as it is by default). This is to prevent you from formulating a route prior to the challenge. Put all your equipped items in the personal stash (this includes charms with the exception of the damage amplifier); do the same with your hireling's items (if he is alive). Go to the Inner Cloister waypoint. Run/walk to the rogue encampment without using waypoints or portals. You are allowed to use any skills and stamina/antidote/thawing potions as you like. This will have to be done in 20 minues max, otherwise you have to try again. (this has to be done at players 8) WARNING! this challenge can be very dangerous, especially in indoor areas. If you can't handle it use a town portal or a waypoints to bailout until you find a suitable strategy. If you advance to Act 2 without doing this challenge you will lose the right to attempt it on this difficulty.
No difficulty mention, and you misspelled minutes. Unbalanced also as since the allowance of skills, makes it easier for casters who can kill anything with ease with spells.
The rules" wrote:Only Act 2

FOR BURGERS!
Pull 10 cows from the lost farm and slaughter them. This has to be done at players 8.
Again no difficulty, and this is quite unclear. Do the cows have to be against you at once? Can it be in the lost farm? Must you pull all ten before killing them?
The rules" wrote:At the end of each difficulty

TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER!
***this challenge is on hold as it is impossible for pure summoners***
Go to the cow level and kill the Cow King without attacking any other enemies. You are not allow to cast spells on open ground. He is your only valid target. It's ok if splash damage hurts other enemies, just don't target them deliberately. You hireling can do what he wants. This has to be done on players 8 and within a time limit that will be determined during testing.
My advice, remove this until it is finished.

End-Game Missions
This events must be completed after completing al quests on all difficulties.
The rules" wrote:I spent it all on Bling and Booze...
Maximize your gold (inventory and personal stash). Gamble all your money on any items you like. If you have money left and can't afford any more gambling, go buy healing potions and drink them all just after you bought them. Throw what's lef on the ground.
Is there a required level? If not it can be very easy with low levels. You misspelled left, and also do you get to keep the items or have to sell them? Are you allowed to use gamble filter with this?
The rules" wrote:These events will be rafined and new events will be added as I progress through the game. It will be a while until anyone can catch up with me so I have plenty of time to make this more interesting.
Again, do not open an unfinished event. You should finish this before advancing further.
The rules" wrote:DURATION
Till the world stops moving.
Impossible. There is no such thing as an ever lasting tournament. Set it to the average one and do 30 or 60 days with no updates from a non leader.
The PK Pikachu

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:11 am

stingray" wrote: I say temporarily close this event until you figure out all scorings. It's not fair if you add a scoring after they leave the act. Seriously, please don't open an unfinished event. I believe you were too enthusiastic about making one, Metro and everyone else can spend over a month on the rules!
Or longer! :)

But, the bottom line is, Hygiliak, is I agree with stingray. I should have probably stepped in and said as much earlier when you started constantly changing things on the fly. It just doesn't do anything for your credibility as a host to go forward for this event right now.

Pull the plug, and ask for feedback. stingray gave you plenty of good advice. That's a start. Wait for some more feedback and get your game plan together. Take a look at other ES rulesets for format and ideas. There's no rush. Just tell me when you want to fire it back up.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:54 am

Back from my vacation. Thanks for all the good advice. I'll think things over for a while and let you know what I have come up with.
stingray" wrote:
The rules" wrote:[UPDATE]
The tournament is now only 1 character.
Removed some restricitions, added some other.
I liked it better with seven. I've completed the game by your standards with a single hc char. One provides me no challenge.
You've completed the game with a harcore character without any mana,life and rejuv pots? I'm impressed :D

At least now I know it's possible. I just have to make it more interesting.
Death is not an option!

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:25 pm

It's actually easy to do so, you just have to use town portal a CRAP LOAD of times in Normal and then farm your ass off trying to get the cap of 60% life leech on two of your lowest level rings. And after that you can relax through NM and prepare for hell. Well, I don't quite think it'd be possible for casters without tweaking.
The PK Pikachu

Hans
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Dominion

Post by Hans » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:18 pm

Prayer Merc with Cleansing and Mediation Aura when Equip can help with life issues.
"Hi. My name is Hans, and I am addicted to a game that is not yet been made" - Card carrying member of D3 Addictions Anonymous, since June 2008.
Card carrying member of Mentaldom, since May 2006 - Zy-El Hardcore.
"German pornstar/Bee Gee lookalike" & "The Blacksmith"
Trying to picture Hans as a Dominion...nah it isn't working sorry. It's the mustache that gets me every time - Al-T.
"All men play on 127" O-H - Hans
"Okay, time out. This is Zy-El. The mod of total excess. Since when would any Zy-El lover do only what's necessary?" - Metropolis Man
Zy-El Wiki|New Zy-El Website

Hygiliak
Champion of the Light
Romania

Post by Hygiliak » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:53 am

I've started a pure energy Ice Bolt sorc to see how she handles in these conditions. Once I hit level 6 I set players to 8 permanently. The first levels were pretty hard but the difficulty gradually dropped until somewhere around level 18, when it hit zero. Right now (lvl 20) there is a surplus of mana, mana regen, mana after kill and damage that allows me to plow through everything with little danger. Dunno how long it will last but this sorc deals now at level 20 about as much damage per second as my level 32 barb.

I will probably do extensive testing with all characters before concluding the rules. If someone with high level characters in hell can give a little feedback about how hard it is to survive without potions in hell (both players 1 and 8) I would be very grateful :D
stingray" wrote:It's actually easy to do so, you just have to use town portal a CRAP LOAD of times in Normal and then farm your ass off trying to get the cap of 60% life leech on two of your lowest level rings. And after that you can relax through NM and prepare for hell. Well, I don't quite think it'd be possible for casters without tweaking.
Well, the thing is I am trying to find a way to limit the need for farming and replace it with challenges and other more fun stuff that players can do in order to keep the game from becoming boring. Also, the game has to be playable without returning to town every 10 seconds. So far I've used TP during combat only 2 times(barb, lvl32) and 5 times(sorc, lvl20) and I'm trying to find ways to minimize the need for this tactic.
Death is not an option!

stingray
Forum Regular
Angel

Post by stingray » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:22 pm

What? I meant use tps in BOSSES I've made characters playing a p8 without having to go to town or pots. It just takes good strategy. Also there is no possible way to limit farming if its a hell tourney. Many others and I can assure you, if you don't want us to farm before going to hell, you're insane.
The PK Pikachu

Hans
Dark Alliance Beta Test
Dominion

Post by Hans » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:23 pm

We have had tourneys that had no farming or very limited farming and had players that managed to finish the tourney. The strategy was picking a build that did not depend on too much farming.
"Hi. My name is Hans, and I am addicted to a game that is not yet been made" - Card carrying member of D3 Addictions Anonymous, since June 2008.
Card carrying member of Mentaldom, since May 2006 - Zy-El Hardcore.
"German pornstar/Bee Gee lookalike" & "The Blacksmith"
Trying to picture Hans as a Dominion...nah it isn't working sorry. It's the mustache that gets me every time - Al-T.
"All men play on 127" O-H - Hans
"Okay, time out. This is Zy-El. The mod of total excess. Since when would any Zy-El lover do only what's necessary?" - Metropolis Man
Zy-El Wiki|New Zy-El Website

Metropolis Man
Hosted Forum Moderator
Cherub
United States of America

Post by Metropolis Man » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:12 pm

I agree with Hans. No rerun events are not my favorite style, but beating Hell is totally doable with one pass of everything mainly because in rerun events you skip lots of stuff if you're allowed to go back — like all of the false tombs and extra dungeons in the Act III Bazaar areas. So, if you clear every single area in the game at /players 8 — that's a ton of resources.
Carl's Sims 3 Guide

Return to “Eastern Sun”